Lupe Fiasco--The Cool (this album is instant classic)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 2, 2003
Didn't really care much for Lupe before, but I was curious and listened to his new THE COOL album and wow I am BLOWN away. I did not see this coming every single track is so unique and has such tight flows it is really what hip hop is lacking. Finally someone has the balls to bring back rap to a respectable position.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i cant fuck with lupe..dudes too much of a square/dork.

i heard songs from the cool and id just turn them off halfway through

shits boring to me

and theres no such thing as an instant classic...
but thats IMO. you can feel differently and maybe youre even right

Apr 20, 2005
this album is dope. its just 1 of them albums where u gotta pay attention alot more. atleast for me. I aint no A student or anything, this shit got me rewindin alot of his lines. Thats the shit i like though.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I still dont know what to think about this album. I thought Food and Liquor was really dope, but this one isnt measuring up to me. I gotta give it a few more listens though...

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
The Cool's solid, but I wouldnt say its classic tho....But its a very thorough album

Now FOOD AND LIQUOR IMO was on some near-classic/classic shit, every song on that album is very memorable, and didnt get old when I bumped it when it came out....It was a well rounded album, each track was hitting ya with something different, and he had the solid production behind him for that album...

Sep 26, 2007
He is definitely a square for sure but I gotta say the album is pretty good. I can appreciate good music when I hear it. But fuck him for trying to go over a niggas head all the time. I aint trying to think and do research and rewind tracks just to understand certain parts. fuck that. I need some feel me, feel good, vibin music. fuckin deciphering shit, does he think this is national treasure or something?

Sep 26, 2007
actually i enjoy music you have to decipher through and vibe way more then club/slaps
that's coo. I like it all, but i rather listen to music I can relate and feel to instead of someone always trying to teach and preach to you about something in a complex ass way. feel me? Not neccessarily club shit, but something more straight forward and to the point but with nice lyrics that flow. instead of hidden subliminals all day where you have to dig out and find what the fuck he is talkin about. but o well, i could careless.

Jul 25, 2007
what does looks gotta do with being a good lyricist?!?!? He puts together very complicated metaphors that you slow people cant understand but makes sense. Thats why he made "Dumb It Down" for all you people hating on him. This is what today's hip hop needs. People like Lupe. Not Lil Wayne or Soulja Boy.