Lupe Fiasco--The Cool (this album is instant classic)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
better listen to dumb it down first then
that shit is weak..nigga think cuz he came with some riddle ass bullshit that its sick? i seen niggas break down the whole song and that shit is still weak.

that was actually the first song i heard on the cool and that as part of the reason i didnt wanna listen to it

i just might have grown out of that type of shit. i dunno.

from the response the album is getting it looks like the hip hoppers like it which is good..maybe ill like it 5 years down the line but dudes a cornball to me..everything he says i just wanna punch him in the mouth

Jan 1, 2006
I couldn't get into it... Superstar had my attention but I lost interest after a few listens. Either I didn't give it a chance or I didn't want to but it's not making it in my book

Apr 20, 2005
^^^^ If Lupe aint dope to yall. i wanna here what yall are listening to. I need something new to listen too. put me on game

Apr 20, 2005
its pretty obvious that if you actually like lupe you wouldnt like whatever the fuck were listening to that we like

im personally listening to alot of kool keith lately
i listen to alot of crazy shit. i get in to too much under underground shit unless the beats are bangin. try me.

Nov 13, 2004
its pretty obvious that if you actually like lupe you wouldnt like whatever the fuck were listening to that we like

im personally listening to alot of kool keith lately

can't be serious...i think lupe is dope and i still listen to jacka..quinn..messy marv..cold world hustlers..noh mafia...rbl posse..mac dre..mac mall..dubee..to nas..jay-z..little brother..sean price..crown city rockers...wutang..snoop..to r&b artists to whatever the fuck..i just have a open mind and open ear to music...not sayin you dont im jus sayin there's hella shit thats dope to me in different ways..youre sayin you dont like lupe cause he's a 'bookworm nigga' thats coo too..your opinion... me personally i like shit that's on a higher lyrical level than most shit out right now..as far as dumb it down goes..its just every time i see someone say..shit like he's goin over peoples heads or the words he's using are too confusing i just think of that song cause he addresses that shit specifically...aint nothin wrong with intelligent rapping...not saying if people cant figure out the songs theyre not intelligent either im just saying..

like you said tho..an opinion is an opinion..we're both right in our own minds

Nov 7, 2006
In my opinion The Cool was a really good album. It all just flowed so nicely, the beat selection for each mood, each story every song set was on point. Lyrically it was dope, some people saying he made it too complicated but I don't even see it that way. His lyrics didn't get in the way of me enjoying the music and besides the lines that go past the regular person's mind, he still got some nice lines you can get soon as you hear it. Its not like his shit is like another language unless you're really retarded. Hello Goodbye sampling that Unkle track is dope as fuck, his flow on it is on point. Streets On Fire, Fighters, The Die is a sick ass hype song, flow is sick, Put You On Game, Hip Hop Saved My Life, Intruder Alert, Little Weapon's like the new American Terrorist
shiit the rest are cool tracks too. I guess its all down to personal preference but you can't really say the album is wack.

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
I liked it, but I think I wuz feelin' the 1st album more. & lol @ all of u lazy-ass people who don't wanna "decipher" raps. U might as well turn on BET and watch 106 & Park if u want simple, boring-as-hell rap, if you can call it that. He made a song on there just for u. "Dumb it Down." That's the genius of Lupe. He'll respond before u speak. lol

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Fuck the bullshit. Lupe is the coldest COMPOSER in the game right now. he flows perfectly, the beats are on point, everything meshes, he gets every little thing down, and it is composed/pieced perfectly. how many people in the GAME do that nowadays? He has help, but he knows how to make a COMPLETE song. Not YOUR favorite rapper's "mad nice wordplay" over boom-bap. Or YOUR favorite rappers hennessy drinkin, 32 shootings a day, scrapers and shit. Just a clean album that u can tell time was put into. It crosses several genres. fuck "superstar", listen to ntruder alert and the die, that shit sounds sick, i wanna hear bone, twista, some other flamespiitters get on those tracks.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
you just can't tell me "the die" doesnt slap. its too bad its only like 2:00 in actual song time. that shit is so clean, just get past the "nerd" characterization of lupe. i guess i just get lost in the song.

Apr 20, 2005
this is siccness.net. the majority of rap fans on here dont listen to the Lupes and Little Brothers. around here its all about what hood u represent and what color ur rag is.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i wouldnt bump that nerd ass nigga if you paid me.

and everytime he opens his mouth that shit is just annoying. its a little like kanye west, but i'll actually give kanye a chance. talkin' about....you been bustin tec 9's since you were a baby...ooooookay.

i can usually agree, but to me the lupe fanism is bordering lil wayne dickriderism

i might be so removed from regular "hip hop" at this moment that ive lost my taste for it...but that dosent seem to be the case for people like madlib and guilty simpson and tame one shit like that. so i dunno.

not my cup of tea?

and yea...same case with little brother....i liked the listening and chitlin circuit but everything after that wasnt worth bumping imo

i tried, i can say that much.
i might as well try to listen to plies album, too.