Lebron James

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
Y'all know I was being sarcastic, right? lol

Just over-exaggerating my point that Lebron is awful in the clutch.

@ xtra: It took Jordan about 4 years to mature into the greatest closer of all-time. Took Kobe about the same amount to get where he's at. Yeah, they had Pippen and Shaq respectively, but look at seasons 04/05 - 06/07. Kobe was consistantly tearing teams' hearts out at the end of games - including the playoffs - even with one of the worst supporting casts in the league. Lebron's now 5 seasons in and still can't even put in a lay-up or free throw with the game on the line. Shit's despicable.
u seriously get dumber with every post dont ya lol. kobe tore who's hearts out in the playoffs? he hasnt gone anywhere in the playoffs without shaq ever. LeBron was the best closer in the league this year and last year in the playoffs he personally won the pistons series and the wizards series. yeah he got blownout by the spurs but atleast he made it to the big dance without help, something kobe or MJ has never done. but i'm not trying to argue that LBJ is better than kobe or MJ, just saying it's acceptable to bring him up in the same breath cause u look at there careers 5 years in and there all pretty similar. and yeah LBJ has no rings but he has no team either so u cant blame him for that shit or the loss tonight.

Jan 18, 2006
Come on Krazee we all know he either forces stupid shots or passes the ball most of the time in clutch situations, theres definitely times he came through but he relies on quickness where someone like Kobe shakes defenders.

Nov 7, 2006
^^^^he used to but last year in the playoffs he finally stepped up and this year has won ALOT of games. u guys are judging how he used to be. he's maturing and he did what he could to keep the cavs in this game and he did alot but just couldnt out do the better team thats all.

Nov 14, 2002
You're attempt at being a knowlegable NBA fan is real cute, krazee.

Is Lebron an amazing player? Absolutely.

Does he carry a garbage ass team on his back by himself? Absolutely.

But what does that have to do with the fact that he CAN'T HIT GAME-WINNING SHOTS?

Nov 7, 2006

But what does that have to do with the fact that he CAN'T HIT GAME-WINNING SHOTS?
there you go being stupid again ahaha. he was more clutch then anyone this year homie. he made the clutch playoff shots last year and this year he almost did it again. i mean this is only his 5th year and he's growing and judging by what i've seen him do this year he's clutch now. he wasnt before but he proved he was this season. u prolly just listen to announcers n shit saying his past history and then forget what he did this season

Feb 19, 2008
im not gonna hate on lebron but when they were down by 3 he coulda hit a open 3 pointer instead he went in and missed a wide open layup...he hit 2 3z in a row before that play...

Jun 27, 2005

you tell me what kind of shots he's hitting in these clips.

Nov 7, 2006
im not gonna hate on lebron but when they were down by 3 he coulda hit a open 3 pointer instead he went in and missed a wide open layup...he hit 2 3z in a row before that play...
ummm..... when he hit them 2 3's he went for another and it was way off so then after that missed 3 he drove and missed again. so he did try and hit another 3 and missed though

Jun 27, 2005
^^^Plus in that situation they didn't need a 3 yet. Quick 2 and a defensive stop would have been fine and gave them a chance to hold for the last shot to win the game. If James had any type of help...

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
u seriously get dumber with every post dont ya lol. kobe tore who's hearts out in the playoffs? he hasnt gone anywhere in the playoffs without shaq ever. LeBron was the best closer in the league this year and last year in the playoffs he personally won the pistons series and the wizards series. yeah he got blownout by the spurs but atleast he made it to the big dance without help, something kobe or MJ has never done. but i'm not trying to argue that LBJ is better than kobe or MJ, just saying it's acceptable to bring him up in the same breath cause u look at there careers 5 years in and there all pretty similar. and yeah LBJ has no rings but he has no team either so u cant blame him for that shit or the loss tonight.
If you want to give him a pass into the conversation with Jordan, or even Bryant by saying he's the greatest closer, or clutch, or he's won this or that without any help...then he has to ALSO be held accountable for his team's failures. He can win by himself, but can't lose by himself? That's hypocritical.

He made poor decisions down the stretch in game 5...and did it again in game 7. The team wouldn't be in that situation without him, true...give him all of the credit in the world. But I don't think his physical abilities are questionable, IMO; it's his decision making. He's very smart, but very young, and prone to stupid mistakes. He'll be fine, and have plenty of more chances.

He's no MJ, he's no Kobe, but in 20 years, people (like myself) will talk about being able to see Michael, Kobe, and Lebron play.

Feb 19, 2008
nah im talking bout when i think we had 91 n cavz had 89 or someshit and it was after the west wide open missed 3 pointer...he was at the top of the key n perkins was on him he was about to shoot it but then he just went in for a layupp...that was with i think like 26 seconds left

Nov 7, 2006
If you want to give him a pass into the conversation with Jordan, or even Bryant by saying he's the greatest closer, or clutch, or he's won this or that without any help...then he has to ALSO be held accountable for his team's failures. He can win by himself, but can't lose by himself? That's hypocritical.

He made poor decisions down the stretch in game 5...and did it again in game 7. The team wouldn't be in that situation without him, true...give him all of the credit in the world. But I don't think his physical abilities are questionable, IMO; it's his decision making. He's very smart, but very young, and prone to stupid mistakes. He'll be fine, and have plenty of more chances.

He's no MJ, he's no Kobe, but in 20 years, people (like myself) will talk about being able to see Michael, Kobe, and Lebron play.
all i was trying to say was u cant blame him for not having a supporting cast like MJ and Kobe did. and i said u couldnt blame him for the loss tonight cause the celts just outplayed him and he did what he could do to get back and almost did but it was too late.

Nov 7, 2006
If you can't blame Lebron for no supporting cast, why are you blaming Kobe?

No doubt Lebron made that game close, though.
i'm not blaming kobe. just saying without a supporting cast lebron has the upper hand over kobe for the fact he led a team with no1 to the finals and kobe never did shit without shaq yet. thats all lol. and for the record i feel right now Kobe is the better player but it's dumb to say Lebron will never be like Kobe when he's better than Kobe was when kobe was in his 5th year.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I don't know if it's really fair to compare the two until the careers are over. Garnett and Stoudamire...what did we all know about them coming out of school? Look at Grant Hill and Anfernee Hardaway, and their (EARLY!) careers...look at them now. We don't know.

May 10, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It seems to be the type to paint with a broad brush when trying to make a point; neglecting key details in the process.

I see that a lot on this board

Nov 7, 2006
I don't know if it's really fair to compare the two until the careers are over. Garnett and Stoudamire...what did we all know about them coming out of school? Look at Grant Hill and Anfernee Hardaway, and their (EARLY!) careers...look at them now. We don't know.
see i say dont compare even for the simple fact they play different positions but when ppl compare and then back there comparison up with stupidness it kinda aggrivates me lol. people were bringing rings into the picture like Kobe and MJ won em all by themselves and LeBron isnt at there level cause he dont got one when thats not the case.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Lebron played great yesterday and he scored half of his teams points. When the Cavs were down like 1 point late in the 4th quarter, LeBron had an opportunity to take it to the hole but he waited til the double team came and ended up shooting a jumper. He should have taken it to the hole before they came to double... the Cavs could have won that game. But Lebron stepped up yesterday though.