Kreayshawn Japan Tour footage part. 1

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2010
She sells because her fans can relate to her and she speaks to young girls who is the buying audience. The reason why she is so successful is because girls are tired of listening to niggas in their 30's rapping about money bitches and selling dope. That used to be taboo and it opened suburban kids up to a lifestyle they were never exposed to before. But with the internet and every gangsta rapper on earth that story is old. Kreayshawn brings something that is not out there right now and thats a voice for young girls that is not based on an un obtainable image. Every fan feels like they know her because she's as transparent as one can be in her position. And they also feel as if they can be her. The thing with it is it's not for you musically but every artist on this board can learn alot from her. I just think that the "Why her, I'm way better" mentallity in the bay is the problem. She didn't take anybodies deal, there isn't designated deals per market. What she did do was bring back good business to Bay Area artist cuz for the longest the bay was considered bad business. She's doing 45 min show sets worldwide without an album yet so that means it's more then a gimmick.
#GAME

May 9, 2002
I Pukokeki Ioulo Momu I feel you and respect your opinion. I just feel a gimmick is based on a artist or record being marketed and promoted based on only one thing that will get the attention of popular culture. Kreayshawn has been successful despite being exactly what we are told would never sell. A white woman from the bay are rapping about thrift store clothes and recreational drugs. On paper this should never work.
Actually, its the perfect recipe....white people buy the majority of hip-hop records. And, as you have pointed out, she is rapping about shit that people can feel...WHITE people. Well, there you go. White hipster people know about thrift clothes and pills.

I know you know what youre doing. For one, youre not a rapper. There is no real money in rap. There is money in management and owning and running a company correctly, as well as publishing rights and agency/owning.

Apr 20, 2005
Yeah, if you're the artists A&R manager...artists get near dick compared to what those around them who manage them get. Do people REALLY think that your average hip-hop artist on BET/MTV is worth millions of dollars???? I sure hope not....that would be sad.
I never knew how much any rapper was making. Im sure the ones on the radio are well paid. so everybody else gets paid more than the rapper? what kind of deals are these rappers getting.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I never knew how much any rapper was making. Im sure the ones on the radio are well paid. so everybody else gets paid more than the rapper? what kind of deals are these rappers getting.

?????? - I don't know anything about this bizz ... What does say your average opener for Jacka @ The Phoenix or Boardwalk make ?

Do show's still pay good ?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
What does say your average opener for Jacka @ The Phoenix or Boardwalk make ?

Do show's still pay good ?
If they are lucky they won't have to pay themselves to open for some of these "bay legends" as people have tried to pull before. Usually when you are up and coming like that you are happy to do it for free for the exposure and the practice of playing in front of an audience.

Depends on who you are and what your deal with the venue is. With how record sales are most artists in general (not just hip-hop) are seeing a good % of their income from touring and merch sales.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Also some venues make the openers sell tickets to the show if its at a bar or at a fairground and depending on how many tickets you sell the promoters & organizers of the event will keep you in mind for the next show and ask you to open up for bigger artists but its all about how much tickets you sell

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
Well as of today Kreayshawn is probally the highest paid per show Bay rapper. And that is not even really arguable as of today so she
makes great money off of shows. And this shit goes in cycles but right now it's her time in two years it might be somebody else's. But what needs to happen is more bay artist start taking their show serious and book, promote and run their shows more professionally and better venues with a lot more money will open up to em.

Apr 20, 2005
so how do u guys find out how rich and broke these rappers are? is there some kind of list somewhere floating on the net? Lets see. what about Pras from the Fugees? Does he have money? Or Wish Bone? He's never released a solo. Is he still living well or was he ever rich? I mean Bone did sell like 50 million records or whatever

Sep 3, 2004
www.myspace.com
so how do u guys find out how rich and broke these rappers are? is there some kind of list somewhere floating on the net? Lets see. what about Pras from the Fugees? Does he have money? Or Wish Bone? He's never released a solo. Is he still living well or was he ever rich? I mean Bone did sell like 50 million records or whatever
Easy we watch their Twitter and Facebook and believe whatever they say.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Props for Random Wish Bone Reference lol

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
so how do u guys find out how rich and broke these rappers are? is there some kind of list somewhere floating on the net? Lets see. Or Wish Bone? He's never released a solo. Is he still living well or was he ever rich? I mean Bone did sell like 50 million records or whatever
pretty sure that unknown poet guy can give you a ballpark figure....