JT spoke on some real shit tonight . . .

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2002
I hate reading reviews dog , lol , sometimes cats be wrong about giving albums high marks. He didnt produce the beats? he prolly just wants to expand his sound , cuz sometimes the beats sound the same. I feel you on the features thang mane , but some cats wont buy a album unless it says FEATURING : woomp woomp u feel?

May 9, 2002
But it aint like he got hella Platinum stars on his shit

Sean T produced almost every beat wit mostly positive results

And its mostly the Yungstas from his own label spittin with him but it def. aint weak
Im just waitin for som muthafukn JT BEATS to bump in the Ride

Apr 25, 2002
No one on this board should be talkin shit about JT.

He a Frisco Pioneer and Legend and deserves

every penny he makes. If he's makin 500 g'z for Bayside

then they stupid for lettin him leave. I know if someone makin that

kind of money for me I would do all I could to keep him.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I'm really not trying to argue.......but I HIGHLY doubt JT generated 2 million worth of revenue for Bayside. I highly doubt ANYBODY signed to Bayside Urban has generated anywhere near that much. I know they have made alot of money in previous years collectively.......but 1 artist?

Not saying it's not possible......just highly unlikely. $500,000 total is a more realistic number.

JT is the shit though.....and has been overlooked and under-rated for too long!!! I hope he does big thangs and gets the credit he deserves.....

May 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:
I'm really not trying to argue.......but I HIGHLY doubt JT generated 2 million worth of revenue for Bayside. I highly doubt ANYBODY signed to Bayside Urban has generated anywhere near that much. I know they have made alot of money in previous years collectively.......but 1 artist?

Not saying it's not possible......just highly unlikely. $500,000 total is a more realistic number.

JT is the shit though.....and has been overlooked and under-rated for too long!!! I hope he does big thangs and gets the credit he deserves.....
real talk dog , celly510 doesnt know what hes talking about , plus 2million? come on! then i posted for him to drop what he knew and he never responded. Jelousy is a mutha fucka mane , i think he was just bored and decided to hate on JT.

May 1, 2002
what i know about what?? alll you said was break it down? jt made 2million last year off the bayside deal. bayside isnt like a record company all it does is distribution so they dont have power over their artists like say priority. jt probaly feels like he should have got more but i think his rhymes and beats are terrible.

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
Listen, Real closely: Bayside is the reason that fans are starting to even be aware of distributors. In the past it was the record label, now people are paying close attention to the distributor is. How many of you on here who are not in the business know who Walter Zelnick is at City Hall? How many of you know who heads up Southwest Wholesale. Magazines started doing pieces on distributors because of what WE did for the industry. Good or bad, Im Bayside's spokeperson on this board and more importantly I am the spokeperson for the independent music business as much as any one else. People sometimes forget what I have done prior to Bayside and what I have done all along at Bayside and confuse me with some corporate rich cat sitting on top of a mountain bleeding everyone dry. I was an artist, record label, producer, stduio owner, manager and promoter long before Bayside. I AM THE EPITOME OF ENTERPENUERIALSHIP as uch as any of these other cats in the game. The minute someone says something negative about us, everyone jumps on. Im a big target, an easy target. So I try not to trip. I've lost alot of money on some of your favortie artists. But do I come on here and bash them? No. Because that was my decision as a businessman to deal with them and I took a risk. Alot of your favorite artists wouldn't be back on the scene if it weren't for what we do at Bayside. Go to your CD collection and look at the back of those albums and I got money that 80% of your non-major label titles have our logo on it. We revolutionized independent distribution. No question about it. I sit at a cubicle during the day and take calls from people who want me to finance their projects for our small $3.19 profit margin that we have to pay 400 employees, ship product, pay PG&E, etc., ect., etc. I'm the bad guy. I dont make no extra money for fucking someone over. I get a paycheck like any cat that works at McDonalds. People need to wake up sometime and understand how hard a distributor (not just mine) job really is. Respect it if nothing else. And dont speak on shit you dont know.

At the risk of sounding redundant, I know there a lot of people on this board now who didnt see our earlier posts so here it is...WE ARE A DISTRIBUTOR. For the last fucking time it aint our job to sell anyone's records. We supply the demand that the label creates. Its a quite non-glamourous job really. We are no different than a toilet paper distributor. If a public restroom orders toilet paper, there is someone in the world who sends it to them. If no public restrooms know about the quality or cost of your product, then they aren't going to order it. Its really that simple. Our customers just ahppen to be record stores and we are selling CD's.

Also, to clear a couple of things up: JT The Bigga Figga is a talented rapper, producer, and an inteliigent businessman. Regardless of our business problems I still respect him greatly. I consider him a friend and a contemporary of mine. He is a hustler and to say he is not a pioneer or legend in this shit would be an outright lie if not haterism at its fullest. Like or dont like his shit hes about his paper. He has a family and friends to feed the same way I do. Sometimes as a distributor, we are on opposite sides of the table with record companies but ultimately success or failure rests on you.

Now as for the real amounts of money that everyone made off of Bayside/Get Low. Thats not public business. He didnt make 2 mil and neither did we. Period. We both earned a great deal of money together and JT helped give legitimacy to our distributor as one of our early labels. We keep going, so does he. I hope our paths cross to do business again. I really do. Either way the hustle doesnt stop.

Celly510: I dont know if you were making jokes or not but if you really have a cousin at Bayside. I dont think they would of told you anything about a lexus. I havent heard that story. I appreciate your inout and support either way.

And after all that...I say this. We have to be thankful for what we do have and for this internet shit because it allows us (me, JT, Jay Tee, Taydatay, D-Sane, Killa Valley, Shemp) and all of these other countless labels and artists and desginers to interact with the comsumer and the up and coming industry cats. Its truly a blessing. How much would any of you know about this music shit without BART, and then later Siccness? This is some real ass shit. We are all a part of history.

Peace to everyone.

PS

And all this talk about unity and shit, then why are their sides to it? Why cant everyone get money together. Some shit to think about. Like my boy Miami told me "you need to worry when they stop talking about you, cuz then you aint doing your job".

Apr 25, 2002
see that's why i respect B-12 so much...cus like the big homie sosa said "if you show your emotions they know what you're gonna do next"( or somethin like that)
and B-12 keeps shit business...

one love to b-12(one of the people keepin this shit poppin) and JT (the mothafuckin pioneer of san francisco rap enterprising