Jim Rome goin' off on Barry

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
That's cool man...but you still haven't convinced me that you have a valid reason to think that...I said how do you, personally, know he's an asshole?
I've posted enough facts to form that opinion.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
You've done nothing but glom off the opinions of others...until you meet the man I say keep your opinions as to what kind of person he is to yourself, otherwise you're just bullshiting.
G-Dubb said:
He wouldn't pose for a team picture for 2 years in a row. The reason? He explained it to reporters: "Do you like everyone you work with? Neither do I."
Bonds is the definition of asshole. You're his biggest fan and can do no wrong in your eyes, I understand that, but I'm looking at the FACTS.

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
Bonds is the definition of asshole. You're his biggest fan and can do no wrong in your eyes, I understand that, but I'm looking at the FACTS.
What facts? Fuck a team picture, who gives a shit about that...do you like everyone you work with? Man, I love watching Bonds play baseball, as to what kind of person he is off the field I have no clue...I'm not disputing the fact that he may be a complete and total asshole, I'm saying that until you have hung out with the man you really can't say, like I said before, your opinion is based on others opinions.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
What facts? Fuck a team picture, who gives a shit about that...do you like everyone you work with? Man, I love watching Bonds play baseball, as to what kind of person he is off the field I have no clue...I'm not disputing the fact that he may be a complete and total asshole, I'm saying that until you have hung out with the man you really can't say, like I said before, your opinion is based on others opinions.
Skipping the TEAM picture because you don't like someone and setting yourself apart from the team because you think you're more important = ASSHOLE.

Another story that was in the news a long time ago, high school kids are getting a stadium tour with their school, one sees Bonds and says "Mr. Bonds, do you have a minute?" He says, "Yes, but not for you." ASSHOLE.

Even if I met him and he became my best friend, the FACTS based upon his actions still prove the point that he is an ASSHOLE.

Eventually he'll break the HR record, retire, and go to the Hall of Fame. After that, there's a good chance that he'll be forgotten, or remembered as the guy who deserves to have an asterisk next to his HR numbers because of steroid accusations, but he won't be won't be mentioned in the same breath as players like Ruth, Mays, Aaron, etc. because he's an asshole and treats his fans like shit.

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
Eventually he'll break the HR record, retire, and go to the Hall of Fame. After that, there's a good chance that he'll be forgotten, or remembered as the guy who deserves to have an asterisk next to his HR numbers because of steroid accusations, but he won't be won't be mentioned in the same breath as players like Ruth, Mays, Aaron, etc. because he's an asshole and treats his fans like shit.
Hmmm...interesting...obviously as much as I am a Barry Bonds apologist...you are an idiot...Mays was widly considered an "asshole." Aaron was aloof, and wouldn't talk to the media..Ted Williams was considered by most people to be gruff and unaproachable...Ty Cobb was one of the biggest pricks in baseball...I don't think we'll be forgetting about the man who hits the most hrs ever, anytime soon...wake the fuck up.

Apr 25, 2002
They also don't have asterisks next to their names in the record books. Bonds is your favorite player. Great. He's still an asshole, and there are still a lot of unanswered questions about the steroids that will keep people from taking his records seriously. Ride his dick all you want, I refuse to. If you don't like it, too bad.

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
They also don't have asterisks next to their names in the record books. Bonds is your favorite player. Great. He's still an asshole, and there are still a lot of unanswered questions about the steroids that will keep people from taking his records seriously. Ride his dick all you want, I refuse to. If you don't like it, too bad.
You're obviously a Bonds hater...take your hattin ass ways to LA, and be a dodger fan...meanwhile I'm gonna have a frosty beer kick back and watch Barry go yard for the 700th time...put an asterisk by everything you say, cause you are a common hater...a cockroach, if you will...that asshole is going to shit on your precious oldtimers.......OUT!

May 8, 2002
the funny thing is that bonds will have the all time homer record for about 5 or 6 season depending how long it takes sos to catch up. and just in case he doesnt you got A. Pujols and A-Rod coming along ready to take that record.

so when it all boild down to it bondsd will go down as the bon who broke the record under questionable circumstances and then had his record broken by another great player

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/3918
Barry Bonds
Seasons: 19
Homers: 699
Average: 36.5 per season

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/4344
Sammy Sosa
Seasons: 17
Homers: 571
Average: 33.6 per season

he is 5 years younger, if you add 571+(33.6x5)=739, which is a bit high pace than bonds' 699 at age 40

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5275/career
Alex Rodriguez
Seasons: 10
Homers: 378
Average: 37.8 per season

he is 11 years younger than bonds. so lets say that arod catches up those 11 years at a rate of 37.8 per season.
378+(37.8x11)=798.8 homers at the age of 40 which is also a bit high pace than bonds' 699 at age 40

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/6619/career
Albert Pujols
Seasons: 4
Homers: 158
Average: 39.5 per season

he is 16 years younger than bonds. so lets say that pujols catches up those 16 years at a rate of 39.5 per season. 158+(39.5x16)=800 homers at the age of 40 which is also a bit high pace than bonds' 699 at age 40

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5132/career
Manny Ramirez
Seasons: 11
Homers: 388
Average: 35.3 per season

he is 8 years younger than bonds. so lets say that Ramirez catches up those 8 years at a rate of 35.3 per season. 388+(35.3x8)=670.4 homers at the age of 40 which is almost the same pace as bonds' 699 at age 40

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
You're obviously a Bonds hater...take your hattin ass ways to LA, and be a dodger fan...meanwhile I'm gonna have a frosty beer kick back and watch Barry go yard for the 700th time...put an asterisk by everything you say, cause you are a common hater...a cockroach, if you will...that asshole is going to shit on your precious oldtimers.......OUT!
Grow up. This is some of the stupidest shit I've read on The Siccness (and I've been on here since the 90's so that's saying a lot.)

I wasn't even alive to watch my "precious oldtimers" so I could really care less about them. My "hattin ass" also said he's one of the best hitters we'll live to see so save that shit. I simply said that Bonds is A) going to be remembered as an asshole and B) going to be remembered for juicing. Wait 20 years and see what people think of him when they look back in baseball history, most baseball fans aren't as naive as Giants fans that put on blinders and will look at him less favorably than the other "all time greats."