Jim Rome goin' off on Barry

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
......some of you are straight up ridiculous...
.....have any of you DOUBTING BONDS HITTING.....ever tried to stand at a plate....with a 9- (or lets just say a ) 85 mph fast ball coming at you??????

......jesus fuckin christ....
i played baseball for the majority of my life....and ima tell you ...i have only face a handfull of pitchers that could throw that fast....let a long a 85 mph curve ball ...
.....this shit is ridiculously hard....
......or a 100 mph fast ball....
.....some of you bitches wouldnt even see the ball....

it takes imaculant skill to hit a baseball that fast outta the park....let alone ...just to hit the damn ball...
......give BARRY HIS PROPS....the mothafucka....is RAWWWWWW

May 8, 2002
JLMACN said:
......some of you are straight up ridiculous...
.....have any of you DOUBTING BONDS HITTING.....ever tried to stand at a plate....with a 9- (or lets just say a ) 85 mph fast ball coming at you??????

......jesus fuckin christ....
i played baseball for the majority of my life....and ima tell you ...i have only face a handfull of pitchers that could throw that fast....let a long a 85 mph curve ball ...
I MANAGE A 15u TRAVEL TEAM AND TO BE QUITE HONEST AT TIMES THEY DO STRUGGLE HITTING ANYTHING OVER 78mph.

BUT ON AN AVERAGE DAY THEY CAN HIT A GUY THROWING UP TO 80mph IF ALL HE IS THROWING IS FASTBALLS. NOW IF THE GUY HAS JUNK AND A +FASTBALL THEN THAT IS WHERE THEY BEGIN TO STRUGGLE AS I MENTIONED ABOVE.

NOW MIND YOU THESE ARE 14 YEARS OLD. THESES KIDS I MANAGE JUST BECAME FRESHMEN THIS YEA. THEY ARE ONLY PLAYING AS 15 YEAR OLDS BECAUSE WE ARE IN sEPTEMBER AND IN sEPTEMBER THEY HAVE TO GO BY NEXT YEARS AGE.

NOW I REALIZE THAT 75-80 IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 85-90+ BUT IN MY OPINION IT IS PRETTY CLOSE BEING THAT THEY ARE STILL YOUNG KIDS.

NOW BACK TO bONDS, I AM NOT KNOCKING WHAT HE IS. AND HE IS A GREAT PLAYER. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY A GREAT HITTER. BUT WHAT I AM CRITISIZING IS THAT HE GOT SO BIG AND SO STONG AT THE AGE OF 37. THAT JUST ISNT NORMAN AND DOESNT HAPPEN NATUALLY.

I HAVE READ IN PAST ARTICLES THAT STERIODS DO TWO THINGS.

1. THEY MAKE YOU STRONGER---BALLS GET HIT OUT THAT NORMALLY WOULDNT

2. THEY MAKE YOU FASTER----
A. QUICKER REFLEXES
1. MORE BAT SPEED WHICH ALSO LEADS TO BALLS GOING FARTHER
2. ALLOWS A PERSON TO WAIT BACK ON THE PITCHES LONGER (PITCH RECOGNITION)

Jun 18, 2004
Mcleanhatch said:
I MANAGE A 15u TRAVEL TEAM AND TO BE QUITE HONEST AT TIMES THEY DO STRUGGLE HITTING ANYTHING OVER 78mph.

BUT ON AN AVERAGE DAY THEY CAN HIT A GUY THROWING UP TO 80mph IF ALL HE IS THROWING IS FASTBALLS. NOW IF THE GUY HAS JUNK AND A +FASTBALL THEN THAT IS WHERE THEY BEGIN TO STRUGGLE AS I MENTIONED ABOVE.

NOW MIND YOU THESE ARE 14 YEARS OLD. THESES KIDS I MANAGE JUST BECAME FRESHMEN THIS YEA. THEY ARE ONLY PLAYING AS 15 YEAR OLDS BECAUSE WE ARE IN sEPTEMBER AND IN sEPTEMBER THEY HAVE TO GO BY NEXT YEARS AGE.

NOW I REALIZE THAT 75-80 IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 85-90+ BUT IN MY OPINION IT IS PRETTY CLOSE BEING THAT THEY ARE STILL YOUNG KIDS.

NOW BACK TO bONDS, I AM NOT KNOCKING WHAT HE IS. AND HE IS A GREAT PLAYER. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY A GREAT HITTER. BUT WHAT I AM CRITISIZING IS THAT HE GOT SO BIG AND SO STONG AT THE AGE OF 37. THAT JUST ISNT NORMAN AND DOESNT HAPPEN NATUALLY.

I HAVE READ IN PAST ARTICLES THAT STERIODS DO TWO THINGS.

1. THEY MAKE YOU STRONGER---BALLS GET HIT OUT THAT NORMALLY WOULDNT

2. THEY MAKE YOU FASTER----
A. QUICKER REFLEXES
1. MORE BAT SPEED WHICH ALSO LEADS TO BALLS GOING FARTHER
2. ALLOWS A PERSON TO WAIT BACK ON THE PITCHES LONGER (PITCH RECOGNITION)
Your fucking team sucks, and aint gonna win shit because their manager doesn't know shit about baseball.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Man...prove he is an asshole...and don't quote me some wannabe Rick Reilly hater of the year article about him, because that's one mans opinion...how do you, personally, know that he is an asshole?
Ok here's a few examples:

He wouldn't pose for a team picture for 2 years in a row. The reason? He explained it to reporters: "Do you like everyone you work with? Neither do I."

His locker room demands are like those of a rock star, while everyone has a regular locker he demands a huge area, a big ass TV, VCR, $3,000 black leather recliner, personal masseuse, etc.

There are countless other quotes from teammates/ex-teammates about his bad attitude. Why do you think there aren't commercials with Bonds in em like McGuire, Sosa, etc? Because he's an asshole and nobody wants him to promote their shit.

Those aren't sportswriter opinions, those are facts.

May 8, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Your fucking team sucks, and aint gonna win shit because their manager doesn't know shit about baseball.
sure they dont. hehe.

look

1. two of my players are already playing in Division 1 Varsity Baseball.
2. 4 of my players came off of a team that was ranked 3rd in northern california in Little League as 12 year olds. during the all star season they went 14-2. there only 2 losses were 1 to San Carlos National and the other was to eventual LL World Series West representative APTOS.

we are already 7-2-1 in tournament play. while playing against 2 defending 14U National Champions.

we defeated the 2004 Winter Season Super Series National Champions (Central Valley Rebels) last month score was 1-0, but then went on to lose to the defending 14U AAU National Champions (Starmaker Titans).

thats 1-1 against defending national champions. when we are not even taking these tournaments 100% seriously as most other baseball teams are. since 10 of my 12 players are playing HS football right now.

but then again what do i know.

sorry i hurt your feelings about your boyfriend Barry Bonds you fuckin fruitcake

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
Ok here's a few examples:

He wouldn't pose for a team picture for 2 years in a row. The reason? He explained it to reporters: "Do you like everyone you work with? Neither do I."

His locker room demands are like those of a rock star, while everyone has a regular locker he demands a huge area, a big ass TV, VCR, $3,000 black leather recliner, personal masseuse, etc.

There are countless other quotes from teammates/ex-teammates about his bad attitude. Why do you think there aren't commercials with Bonds in em like McGuire, Sosa, etc? Because he's an asshole and nobody wants him to promote their shit.

Those aren't sportswriter opinions, those are facts.
Who's commented? Jeff Kent AKA captain red ass? Look mayne, considering the man has the single season hr record, is the only man ever to go 500/500, is going to break the all time hr reacord, and is the only reason, until recently, that the giants even compete, I think he's earned a few extra perks...he does spots for Fox Sports all the time, for SBC park, he's got a Fila endorsement...just because he aint plastered all over billboards and TV doesn't mean he's an asshole. In his interview with Joe Morgan, Morgan asked him about his percieved aloofness, and he said that he has no time for anything else, that he has to "keep my game face on," so that he can't be distracted...I can respect that...all I'm sayin is you calling him an asshole is baseless.

Jun 18, 2004
Mcleanhatch said:
it makes everyhting about you faster.

why do you think all the track stars got caught with the same shit bonds is using
What shit is Bonds using? Did he fail a test? Oh, that's right your Mcleansnatch, the most full of shit person on this board...go shower with you baseball team cupcake.

Jun 18, 2004
Mcleanhatch said:
sure they dont. hehe.

look

1. two of my players are already playing in Division 1 Varsity Baseball.
2. 4 of my players came off of a team that was ranked 3rd in northern california in Little League as 12 year olds. during the all star season they went 14-2. there only 2 losses were 1 to San Carlos National and the other was to eventual LL World Series West representative APTOS.

we are already 7-2-1 in tournament play. while playing against 2 defending 14U National Champions.

we defeated the 2004 Winter Season Super Series National Champions (Central Valley Rebels) last month score was 1-0, but then went on to lose to the defending 14U AAU National Champions (Starmaker Titans).

thats 1-1 against defending national champions. when we are not even taking these tournaments 100% seriously as most other baseball teams are. since 10 of my 12 players are playing HS football right now.
Congratulations to your team...they are obviously having great success despite the ineptitude of their manager.

Apr 25, 2002
L Mac-a-docious said:
Who's commented? Jeff Kent AKA captain red ass? Look mayne, considering the man has the single season hr record, is the only man ever to go 500/500, is going to break the all time hr reacord, and is the only reason, until recently, that the giants even compete, I think he's earned a few extra perks...he does spots for Fox Sports all the time, for SBC park, he's got a Fila endorsement...just because he aint plastered all over billboards and TV doesn't mean he's an asshole. In his interview with Joe Morgan, Morgan asked him about his percieved aloofness, and he said that he has no time for anything else, that he has to "keep my game face on," so that he can't be distracted...I can respect that...all I'm sayin is you calling him an asshole is baseless.
You think Hank Aaron demanded to have extra space, a recliner and a TV? Baseball is a team game, nobody deserves "extra perks." Players "perks" are their salary, perform to a higher level, get higher pay. You shouldn't be making demands like that, and isolating yourself from the TEAM. And as far as the comments go, you don't even have to ask the Giants you can go back to the Pirates, just about every player on that team hated him. It's well documented and I'm sure you can find quotes if you try. Anyway, he's still an asshole, and you haven't said much to make me even consider changing my mind.

Jun 18, 2004
G-Dubb said:
You think Hank Aaron demanded to have extra space, a recliner and a TV? Baseball is a team game, nobody deserves "extra perks." Players "perks" are their salary, perform to a higher level, get higher pay. You shouldn't be making demands like that, and isolating yourself from the TEAM. And as far as the comments go, you don't even have to ask the Giants you can go back to the Pirates, just about every player on that team hated him. It's well documented and I'm sure you can find quotes if you try. Anyway, he's still an asshole, and you haven't said much to make me even consider changing my mind.
That's cool man...but you still haven't convinced me that you have a valid reason to think that...I said how do you, personally, know he's an asshole?