If Lebron Continues To Struggle, Will He Get Labeled The Peyton Manning of the NBA ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
If Lebron James continues to have his ups and downs in the playoffs, have some great games, but then also have horrible down games, and then has such a nonchalant attitude about why his play isnt up to par and about his leadership role, do you think he will start to get the doubters and get the label of the great player who can't win the big game or can't win the championship? Similar to Peyton Manning, who may be fundamentally the smartest player in Football, but he has that bad rap that he can't win the big game. Even though he has won a Super Bowl, he still has that rap that he struggles in the playoffs, especially in this past season.

What's your opinion ?

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Nope....He will get energized when he goes and plays for Hov and the billionare.....There he will set shit off..

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
He really is a piece of shit if he blames his team, or his elbow
he already said his elbow is fine

and it is his teams fault

obviously he played like shit last night... but his team doesn't help him for shit

that was one of very few bad games he's played... if he isn't putting up close to 40 points in a playoff game, they aren't winning

I think that was possibly Lebron's last game in Cleveland as a Cavalier

unless they pull out a win in Boston... and that's only happening if he goes off in Boston... it's a one man show over there, he has to do everything himself

Aug 9, 2006
he already said his elbow is fine

and it is his teams fault

obviously he played like shit last night... but his team doesn't help him for shit

that was one of very few bad games he's played... if he isn't putting up close to 40 points in a playoff game, they aren't winning

I think that was possibly Lebron's last game in Cleveland as a Cavalier

unless they pull out a win in Boston... and that's only happening if he goes off in Boston... it's a one man show over there, he has to do everything himself
yeah he was the sole reason they had the best record in the whole association :hurt: ......

i hate peyton but lebron doesnt deserve to be in the same sentence....peyton is one of the best ever, with 1 title....

lebron was crowned because of his athletic ability...not every1 has the "clutchness" in them

May 2, 2002
cavs will win in 7, just watcch
I know you are a Cavs fan like me...but dude...let's be real.

If they can't show up for a game like that...especially Lebron? I don't know man...I hate Kobe with a passion...but I don't see him not showing up like that.

I was listening to Rome this morning and he said something about maybe Lebron isn't wired to win the same way Bird, MJ, Kobe etc. are...and maybe he's right.

Maybe he just enjoys being an entertainer and trying to be the richest man ever.

May 9, 2002
No, it's HIS fault.

He is the MVP, the face of the NBA, and the best player....If his team gets blown out by 32 points...

it's HIS fault.
This is the most ridiculous shit I have seen in here in some time.

Even though b-ball is more "single player" than ANY other team sport, ONE MAN can not take on 5....he will lose 10 out of 10 times. To say it is ENTIRELY his fault is absolutely ASININE.

LeBron has been CURSED with a crappy team for years and even as he approaches his best years b-ball wise, he STILL needs some help. He can ONLY do so much as ONE PERSON.

Mar 16, 2005
This is the most ridiculous shit I have seen in here in some time.

Even though b-ball is more "single player" than ANY other team sport, ONE MAN can not take on 5....he will lose 10 out of 10 times. To say it is ENTIRELY his fault is absolutely ASININE.

LeBron has been CURSED with a crappy team for years and even as he approaches his best years b-ball wise, he STILL needs some help. He can ONLY do so much as ONE PERSON.
this may be true, but in his quest to be a billionaire as a player he will always be a 1 man team because it will force teams to break bank for hima nd go cheap at rest of positions.

Mar 16, 2005
I know you are a Cavs fan like me...but dude...let's be real.

If they can't show up for a game like that...especially Lebron? I don't know man...I hate Kobe with a passion...but I don't see him not showing up like that.

I was listening to Rome this morning and he said something about maybe Lebron isn't wired to win the same way Bird, MJ, Kobe etc. are...and maybe he's right.

Maybe he just enjoys being an entertainer and trying to be the richest man ever.
thank you, about time a real cleveland fan sees reality, and not those of us liking kobe better as haters. Thats what I said in the thread where I posted why not to compare them. kobe has drive, will, intensity...lebron has game.

Mar 16, 2005
Agreed, but that is an external variable that he CANNOT control.
but he can control..settle for less be a team player more then on court. it happens all the time players take less to get better as a team. Elway did it, Manning did it, etc... Seems weird true leaders understand that but some great players dont..AI, Tomlinson, Keyshaun.

Being elite is more then what you do on the floor.

Aug 9, 2006
every1 was perfectly fine with lebrons team when they won the regular season and were crowned champs before the "2nd" season started...

of course the super star wont be blamed, its always going to be his "teams fault"....but if jordan and kobe kept putting up 3 for 14 shooting peformances, in the BIGGEST games of the season.....we all would be lookin at those dudes A LOT differently.