Horrorcore Subculture

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
He is a legend and a giant influence on many but I don't really like half of his shit. He's too simple sometimes. Just not for me for the most part.
well look at the time frame he debuted in, when rap was still a little simple, he still came hard then alot of people back then and still to this day, he can rap harder then most people

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
well look at the time frame he debuted in, when rap was still a little simple, he still came hard then alot of people back then and still to this day, he can rap harder then most people
True. Esham has been around for a long time. His simple was off the chain back then. Listen to older rap albums. The simplicity is in most of it. It's all about the evolution of the music. Esham a lot different now than he was when he started.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
True. Esham has been around for a long time. His simple was off the chain back then. Listen to older rap albums. The simplicity is in most of it. It's all about the evolution of the music. Esham a lot different now than he was when he started.
And these days, his raps are a little more simpler because of his opld age, but with Natas, they find a way to help balance eachother out.

I still need some T-N-T and Mastamind albums, I tried listening to Dice, but I wasn't feelin him really.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
He's kind of like the E-40 of horrorcore for me. I understand his talent and respect him as a legend but never really liked their music. If that makes sense.
Naw Esham is way bigger of a influence, I know alot of people may kick me for saying this, but I see him as a Tupac like influence to horrorcore IMO. And this is comin from a big ass Pac fan.

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
Mac Dre > E-40.

He was greater than 40 is or will ever be.
Listen to Young Black Brotha. The skill level is phenonminal.
I give 40 credit, but only for Captain Save-A-Hoe. :)

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings, but I rather listen to almost anyone from the Bay except E-40.

Yuk, Messy, Nickatina, Mac Dre, Keak, Too Short, Dropknock, etc...

Tell me that ain't the shit.

---

These cuts are from Young Black Brotha. IMO it's everything I think of when I think dope rap album. The beats slap hard, the lyrics are clever, the flow is smooth. Probably one of the best albums if not the best I have ever heard rapwise.

This was while he was in County Jail in Fresno I think?

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
Mac Dre > E-40.

He was greater than 40 is or will ever be.
Listen to Young Black Brotha. The skill level is phenonminal.
I give 40 credit, but only for Captain Save-A-Hoe. :)

Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings, but I rather listen to almost anyone from the Bay except E-40.

Yuk, Messy, Nickatina, Mac Dre, Keak, Too Short, Dropknock, etc...

Tell me that ain't the shit.

I like all of them and 40 too bro, just because those guys are dope, don't mean ya got to hate 40, 40 got some good shit.

I understand if you don't like his music though, I haven't listen to anything he's done that went past 2004

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
I have the power to tell when someone listens to horrorcore. Usually they wear all black, they are high, they have a look on their face like, I'll quickly beat the shit out of you because my music is tough. And they share attributes of most heavy metal fans (I usually find fans of the music wearing Slayer shirts).

Do you believe horrorcore is a subculture or just a genre, and what do you do to support horrorcore artist (I constantly tell people to look up Mad Insanity and Mars or Brotha Lynch when I hand out/sell demos).
For me, honestly, I just wear whatever I have that's comfortable.
For example, right now, I'm rocking a white t-shirt, long blue jean shorts, and some etnies.

The few horrorcore artists that I do support [honestly, I don't listen to much horrorcore anymore], I will tell people about their work, where to check them out at, and, of course, I'll buy their CD's.

Oct 26, 2008
www.TenFortyFour.com
E-40 < Mac Dre
i think e-40 has some really good old shit tho. i still bump the mail man ep, in a major way, and tha hall of game. i love his old shit. and the click was dope too. i'll actually bump a few of the songs from ghetto report card too cuz some of that shit is funny as hell. "Give me head hoe!" haha. Mac Dre has way to many classics to not like him. Rapper Gone Bad is probably my favorite MD cd. all of his cds have good tracks on them tho.