Home Theater Experiece

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2006
Those are actually both great deals....I have an LG too, not as good as those but have had no problems so far with mine. Only gripe I can really make is that the stand is a little flimsy and the sound isn't that great but you can't really expect much from TV speakers.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
When my brother and my dad and me went to best buy, we were planning to get a 52" sony HDNA but some guy from geek squad said sony was buying samsung's monitors all this and that, and there werent anymore tv's in stock of the sony that my pops liked that cost about $2200 if im correct (this was last year not this year), and there was a 52" samsung 1080p that cost $2800 so at the end he gave us the samsung at the sony price and we took it home and saved some money.

anyway here a few shots.....

Feb 14, 2004
Right now, I have a Philips 47'' Class 1080p LCD HDTV, Dish Network HD(200 channel package), and an XBOX 360 with the HD cords hooked up. I can't find my digi cam to take pics of my setup, but that's what I have for now. No surround sound yet.

Jul 25, 2007
cant wait to get my projector. my boy got one in his house in 1080p and shit is sick to watch movies and Modern Warfare 2. something similar to this but I think its a 200" screen.

May 9, 2002
thats a helluva setup. How you like it so far?
Before I calibrated it, I was not to happy with it. I ran the Audessey calibration last night and it sounds awesome now.

My bedroom is average to small, and with the bed and night stands, it creates a lot of peaks and nulls for sound to carry, particularly low frequency...so the sub was boomy and not very loud. Sounds excellent now.

Dec 4, 2005
this is me and my roomies set up at our apt. i got a 37" vizio in my room with my xbox. i'll post the set up at my parents place when i go home for thanksgiving.
50" samsung lcd
samsung blu ray
comast box
onkyo receiver
infiniti speakers/sub. got another infiniti on the right side but it was too far to get in one pic.
monster cables connecting the speakers and monster hdmi cables for the blu ray and cable box

planning to upgrade on the sound system during black friday

Oct 20, 2008
Before I calibrated it, I was not to happy with it. I ran the Audessey calibration last night and it sounds awesome now.

My bedroom is average to small, and with the bed and night stands, it creates a lot of peaks and nulls for sound to carry, particularly low frequency...so the sub was boomy and not very loud. Sounds excellent now.
Nice, Ive heard good things about those speakers so far.

I got a sony reciever that is pretty old but does the job nicely and two 12" KLH floor speakers, then I got the KLH 5" two way speakers for highs. The TV is a 42" samsung LCD HD. I got the PS3 hooked up as well and a Sony CD player to match the reciever. Its not to bad, im about due for some upgrades though.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
Much cleaner install now, but still have to do some cable management.

Marantz NR1501 Receiver, Pinnacle QP9 speaker bar, Pinnacle AC 100 sub, Polk rears, Roku XD|S, Samsung LCD, and a broken clock.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
i just upgraded my shit.. two cerwin vega ve 15's for the fronts (mainly for the stereo music), a new marantz receiver, cerwin vega center, a cerwin vega 1400 amp for the floorstanding fronts they push 400 watts through each speaker = slap, PS3, 47" phillips lcd, directv receiver, and a cd player..

ill post a pic tomorrow. my room aint really set up for 5.1 so i just run the 3.0. the two 15 inch fronts provide plent of bass. i'll add rears and a sub when i move. but for now this system is more than enough for me. Im more into sound for music than tv/movie/vid games so i kinda set this us as such

Sep 25, 2005
I got this shit called the buttkicker. You put it under your couch and it hooks up to your subwoofer and when you hit low frequencies it triggers the buttkicker. Its like a huge rumble pack for your couch. Shit is pretty intense for gaming, lol i had to disconnevt it cuz i thought it was gonna bust my couch. They use them in imax theaters. Its like $300 pretty funny toy.