Home Theater Experiece

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
After 2 broken 42" Panny's I got a good deal on a TC-P46ST30 straight from Panasonic with a reliable deliver service!

It required slightly larger screws for the mount that I didn't have so it's not wall mounted yet.

Before:

After:

What a difference 3 years makes in technology. The picture quality is far superior to my $1,400 Samsung at half the price and bigger!

Mar 18, 2003

My 42" Samsung Plasma 720, nothing too fancy. But the way I acquired this television is awesome. I'm a maintenance engineer by trade, so long story short I love to fix stuff. I have some friends that are managers at In-Shape Health Clubs and sometimes I do work for them. My friend called me and told me one of there dozen or so flat screens literally went up in smoke and he wanted me to "get rid of it". I absolutely could not help but crack it open to have a look inside. I found 1 10A fused popped and 2 capacitors that melted. So I bought the fuse and both capacitors for less than $20. I replaced the fuse and soldered both capacitors back onto the circuit board. Put it all back together and fired it up. It's been working great for over a year now.

Since then I've been craigslisting broken TV's, PS3's, X-Box's, etc. as a means of flipping them, Haha. I've never gone through with it because I'm just too lazy.

Cool story!

Mar 18, 2003
Random question for anyone who feels like giving me their opinion. It involves the above mentioned television.

I split up with my gf about 6 months ago and I left that TV on the wall mainly cause I didn't want my son to not have a TV to watch cartoons on when he was over there. This past Christmas her dad bought her a 32 Vizio which was going to replace mine but her lazy ass has yet to buy a wall mount for it. I know Vizio TV's are cheap sets and not something you'd want to have as your main television but considering the4 circumstances and the fact that I haven't had my plasma in 6 months I'm contemplating telling her to just give me the Vizio and call it even. So considering the situation, which would you rather have:

5-6 year old, repaired 42" 720p Samsung PLASMA

OR

Brand New VIZIO 32" LCD 1080p

I just want to be done with it but I don't want to walk away with a shit TV. This will be going in my room and not in a living room.

Thoughts?