HBO: Game of Thrones

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
What? No way, especially since its been widely accepted that this is what's going to happen in the books. It would be a travesty if he doesn't come back and would be bad storytelling by GRRM to spend all this fucking time building up Jon, dropping massive hints about his true parentage throughout the series, just so that he dies?
That is my favorite part of the show. They build up characters and create an arc where you can't believe with all the time invested the character would be killed, and then boom they're dead.

Way back when GRRM met with the writers for HBO, part of the test to see if the writers actually knew their shit, was GRRM asked them directly who is Jon Snows parents? They answered and GRRM was satisfied with their answer. You don't go through all of this just so he dies, imo, when there is a much bigger picture, something the writers have known about from the start. (One of the writers literally wore a shirt that said "R+L=J")
Fair but the show can and has deviated from the books and the books haven't even gotten to the point you are suggesting is a forgone conclusion.

That's part of becoming a bad ass assassin though isn't it? I doubt she stays blind, I think they clearly are training her at instinctive fighting or whatever, and teaching her to let go of her past. I'm sure at some point she'll rejoin with the Starks, but only after she becomes a bad ass assassin!
Right but if she truly gives up her past then she wouldn't care about vengeance or joining up with the Starks.

I hope you are right about the blindness.

I just assumed they killed them off camera. Minor thing to worry about imo, people, mostly white people lol, go crazy seeing dogs die! Rape, incest, murder, hey that's cool, show a dog die and there is hell to pay! My bet is editing cut out dog slaughter.
Who killed them? Brienne was occupied by the guys on horses, same for Podrick, Sansa was sitting under the tree, and Theon was standing in place until he grabbed a sword and killed one of the soldiers.

All I am saying is Sansa should have lost a hand or something. The ferocious dogs just magically ran away.