HBO: Game of Thrones

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Halfway through book 3, it's a really good series. The show followed book 1 pretty close, I'm definitely looking forward to season 2.
nice..i am halfway thru 3 too. 2 and half more books to go (so far). The series is incredible. I cannot wait for the next season. I felt book book 2 (Clash of Kings) was better than Game of Thrones.

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah this is clearly one of those things where it only gets better the further you go. So far my favorite story lines are Tyrion, Arya, and Jon. Bran's looks like it's going to get really good in the future and of course Dany's is going to be cool to see when the show picks up again.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Just watch out for book 4. He ended up having to split book 4 in half and he only focuses on the stuff going on around Kings Landing. It doesn't have Bran, Jon Snow, Tyrion or Danaerys. It's really a struggle to finish. But book 5 makes it all worth it.

Sep 12, 2005
Good to know I guess. A couple of my friends finished book 5 and when I was telling them how addictive this book series is..but how drawn out it is, they said "you don't even know!" I guess that's what they meant by that haha.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
When you look at pictures of George RR Martin, it really makes you wonder if he's gonna live long enough to write all 7. Guy is a prime candidate for type 2 diabetes and a heart attack.

I'm about to write him some fan mail asking him to keep his ass alive till he finishes the series.

Nov 7, 2006
Game Of Thrones

anybody else fuck with this show? i just got into it and it;s pretty sick. its like spartica but with better acting and story. usually lord of the rings type shit isnt my cup of tea but this show is pretty awesome so far. season 2 starts in april i think.

Mar 18, 2003
All I know is iMDB has it as one of 3 shows (Arrested Developement, Breaking Bad) that are tied for being the 3rd highest rated show of all time, behind Planet Earth and The Wire. I find it terribly hard to believe it's that good BUT I am very tempted to watch it nonetheless. Sparticus is cool but the CGI is terrible. Is Game of Thrones any better in that department?

Nov 7, 2006
All I know is iMDB has it as one of 3 shows (Arrested Developement, Breaking Bad) that are tied for being the 3rd highest rated show of all time, behind Planet Earth and The Wire. I find it terribly hard to believe it's that good BUT I am very tempted to watch it nonetheless. Sparticus is cool but the CGI is terrible. Is Game of Thrones any better in that department?
yes it's alot better. i dont even like sparticus really but it reminds of what sparticus could've been like.
there is a thread on this show already, and this show definitely lives up to the hype.
yeah just saw it now lol, i searched "thrones" and couldnt find it for some reason. this is my last post in this thread.

Dec 9, 2005
Didn't realize there was a thread for this until today.

Next to Breaking Bad, this is my favorite show on TV. Hated waiting so long for the new season, and am tempted to read the books, but the show is so sick, that it's almost like I don't want to spoil it.

I want a direwolf for my birthday.

Dec 9, 2005
For those of you who have read or are reading the books: Does it somewhat spoil watching the show, knowing what's going to happen?

I really do wanna grab the books, cause I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Nov 7, 2006
Just finished up the season tonight. I was very pleased with it. i ordered it on blu-ray too so i might go back and rewatch them before april 1st. kinda pissed i didnt get to see Drogo fuck some southerners up, he died in kind of a bitch way so i can see why his crew dipped on him.