HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ELPOLLITO

COUNTINCHINGADERA
Mar 15, 2010
ELCOLLINS
So my mouse just stopped working. I unplugged the usb but i keep getting a pop up saying device not recognized,nothings plugged in so i donno i turned it off but still nothing it wont work and pop up persists

May 31, 2006
im expericing a problem that ive approached from so many ways. so before i completely reformat & wipe out my computer, let me get everyones input!

i have an HP laptop with Windows Vista, runnin the latest version of Firefox. had this laptop for almost 2 years. had a few lil viruses here and there that i took care of. but this one is different. maybe it might not be a virus either. ok so here it is:

i can't open any downloaded files, and when i save them in my usual folder, they disappear. my AVG just expired. i tried to download several Anti Virus programs but everytime i do they disappear from my downloaded file folder.

so far i've tried regedit in the command prompt, system restore, and a gang of other tactics. it's killin me. other than that there's no signs of a virus or anything. no pops ups or different homepages. hope someone can help, thanks

Nov 20, 2006
Not really a problem with my computer, but does anyone know an external program that wll record your internet history? My little sister has been using my laptop and I have a feeling she's been talking with foos in their late 20s.

Mar 30, 2006
I've had a Compaq desktop for about 4 years. Recently, the 250gb hard drive reported a message that said it was almost full. A message popped up for a Windows Update on the right corner of the desktop next to the clock. I agreed to the update and it completely rebooted my computer to a fresh installation. It's the exact same way that I purchased it. All my files are gone. I never made a reboot disk because my internal CD burner gave out a few months back. All my family pictures, music files, video files, school work, projects, and resumes are gone. I recently purchased and installed anti-virus and super anti-spyware for it about 3 months ago. Any help with this will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Feb 21, 2003
ok i guess its my turn now..

so about 2 weeks ago, my computer stopped connecting to Yahoo IM, facebook, gmail, bank of the west, hotmail, etc..for whatever reason it wont connect to these sites and if it does, wont open the page after i put my information in..im running vista also

i did some poking around online and saw its something with the DNS servers of these sights, but im not sure what to change, if anything, in my computer

any help is much appreciated

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
ok i guess its my turn now..

so about 2 weeks ago, my computer stopped connecting to Yahoo IM, facebook, gmail, bank of the west, hotmail, etc..for whatever reason it wont connect to these sites and if it does, wont open the page after i put my information in..im running vista also

i did some poking around online and saw its something with the DNS servers of these sights, but im not sure what to change, if anything, in my computer

any help is much appreciated
reset your modem and if that doesn't help ring your ISP they should be able to help you.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
you try contacting the sites to see if they got advice?

from what i researched extensively is that maybe the cookies or some sort of adblocker is the source of the proplem..or not enough sand

Feb 21, 2003
thanks for the tips, actually all i did was just reset the advanced internet options back to default and it fixed the whole shit..

oh yeah, and FUCK ATT for wanting to charge me $60 to diagnose, and FUCK DELL for tryna charge me $50 to fix the shit..

and if you down with ATT/DELL, then FUCK YOU TOO (sorry, had to go tupac on this)

ELPOLLITO

COUNTINCHINGADERA
Mar 15, 2010
ELCOLLINS
So I tried to use my Web cam for Skype and it wouldn't work. Just got my laptop back and now I notice most of my media type stuff no longer works. My sounds play when they wants to, when I try to use Youtube, Tiny chat etc It only works half the time, the rest of the time it says Shock Wave error or something similar. Lastly when I'm on the Sicc I get a tab stating update java but when I try to it never works I get a windows error

I'm thinking of getting a newer copy of windows and just starting fresh don't know if that would do the trick

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
upgrading my PC for battlefield 3 and other DX 11 shit

geforce 560Ti 1gb
seagate 1tb HDD
gigabyte MB
8gig ram
windows 7
soundblaster X-Fi PCIe sound card w optical
intel core i5 2400 3.1ghz

picking up parts today and gonna install everything.

major upgrade for me, current video cards on their last legs, overheating badly.