HAVING COMPUTER ISSUES...VIRUSES,SPYWARE, ETC...INFO HERE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
Alright I fixed the problem I just reloaded XP to my computer. But what happened because of re installing XP I lost the drivers to my sound and my wireless router. Anyone know where I can download drivers?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
I have a problem with a floppy drive in one of my computers. I keep getting "The selected disk drive is not in use check to make sure a disk is inserted" message. I believe the problem may come from opening and saving word 2003 documents directly to and from the disk. The drive wont work when I use other disks,and when I right click on the drive when a floppy is inside it says the floppy has 0kb. I've looked at the floppy drive via the device manager,and I didn't see an exclamation point. I tried system restore and virus checks but it doesn't help.

Could this be something in the BIOS? Do I need to make some type of floppy boot disk? Any help is appreciated.

Dec 11, 2002
I have a fuckin' TROJAN virus on my PC... Trojan.Vundo.. Ive done all the shit its told me to do .. minus deleting registry files... dammit.. I know exactly where the main file is.. wont delete.. wont quarantine.. level of removal..? not easy, not medium.. its DIFFICULT.. what a bitch.

Jun 5, 2004
^had that bull shit, had to re format my computer. you gotta do it, cuz once u got trojan it goes downhill from there. just save any files you need and make sure you have startup disks for programs.

Dec 11, 2002
rose town ryda said:
^had that bull shit, had to re format my computer. you gotta do it, cuz once u got trojan it goes downhill from there. just save any files you need and make sure you have startup disks for programs.

Noooo... I have NO idea how to re-format this shit.. I mean for real.. my other computer started trippin'.. I just went and got a new one... lol.. but this set up is only a couple months old so thats not happenin' this time around..
Is it super hard to re-format...?

Apr 25, 2002
KALYN said:
I have a fuckin' TROJAN virus on my PC... Trojan.Vundo.. Ive done all the shit its told me to do .. minus deleting registry files... dammit.. I know exactly where the main file is.. wont delete.. wont quarantine.. level of removal..? not easy, not medium.. its DIFFICULT.. what a bitch.
Try both of these, they may help.
http://securityresponse.symantec.co...moval.tool.html

http://www.spywaredb.com/remove-win...o-522752trojan/

download the Spy Sweeper trial on there, they say its the best for this virus.

Dec 11, 2002
Thanks Kaoz.. I actually have a couple programs loaded on this PC (I just got it a couple months ago..) and Spy Sweeper is one of them.. I'm just going to run all of them right now, back to back and see if one of them will rid me of the virus.. weird thing is.. I think somethin' is goin' on.. because for days I got the "YOU HAVE A VIRUS" alert from Norton Anti-Virus and no matter what I did with Norton or the "Fix" tool they recommended I download.. the alert never left the screen... today when I turned on my PC.. it was gone..

May 1, 2003
BaSICCally said:
hey how do I return my computer to a certain saving point?

Hit the start menu , and click help and support. The blue icon with the question mark. Then choose system restore from the "Pick a Task" menu. But need to have a saved restore point to revert to. If you did not do this, some software will create a restore point for you when you install it, or the system will periodically create a "system restore" point for you. All of this is assuming that you use XP.

May 11, 2002
Thanks for the help but I didnt have a starting point to refer back to.

The reason I wanted to go back to a start over date is because I cant see videos any longer. I download the torrent and I can hear it playing but no video plays. Ive done everything I could think of, I redownloaded everything, from my torrent client to reinstalling XP. Any clues to what it might be?

May 1, 2003
sounds like you don't have the right video codec. You should be using Windows Media Player 10. You can get it for free at the MS site. The Media Player that is installed from the OS disk is outdated. You should be ok after that.

May 11, 2002
Alright what about this one. I got my sound to work, I had to download a codec, but now that it works I have subtitles on the movies I watch. Any idea on how to get those off?

Im using Winamp. Ill keep looking, just thought I would check if you knew. Thanks for your help.