Have You ever had a Panic Attack

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I'm just playing devils advocate... I know when you have them there scary as shit.

I remember my 1st panic attack was in the old drive through movies near rwc and belmont... stumbling around in the rain thinken I was gonna die... I think this was 10th grade

Dec 29, 2008
i don't understand how cannabis could cause a panic attack. Not trying to belittle your panic attacks. I've been smoking cannabis for 15 years and never even knew something like that could ever happen until reading this thread. Are you guys sure you're not just blaming it on the trees?

May 7, 2002
most EVERYONE always says "drugs" triggered my anxiety attack... that's a easy fix, don't want panic attacks change what your body consumes... and a lot of it is mental, you can check yourself most times.

The difference is there's are some people out and about while sober can get panic attacks. Those people are the ones that have the problem. Not the person who gets really high, gets paranoid, gets buzzing in his ears and thinks he gonna die from a heart attack

Oh ok, I misunderstood your statement. My bad! That makes sense!

May 7, 2002
If you experience bouts of extreme paranoia when smoking, it's possible to have a panic attack.
Marijuana increases levels of dopamine. Increased levels of dopamine are associated with paranoia (Paranoid Schizophrenia, for example).

I'm not sure how they trigger panic attacks. I used to smoke weed, and would get paranoid when smoking too. Never have I experienced a panic attack while high though.

Dec 29, 2008
its not so much the drug, but rather in your mind you're like "oh shit, ive never felt like this before.. damn im gonna die!"
how does one go from feeling high to feeling like they're gonna die? It sounds like a lot of you have had this experience. Can you enlighten me how this happens?

Jan 5, 2006
ive never experienced it with drugs like weed, i dont smoke.. just occasionally drink and pop pills.

alcohol only experienced it like once or twice after the buzz wearing off.

Its more like you feel your heart beating faster, a cold flush, chest tightnening, harder to breathe.. when you combine all these feelings you either think youre having a heart attack or you're gonna die.

Jan 31, 2008
Please refrain from posting ignorance.

As far as the argument, on whether panic attacks are caused by psychological issues or neurological issues:

It is pretty much a combination of both! Nature AND nurture. The two go hand in hand. Built up stress/fear overtime (conditioning), may cause you to become more fearful/paranoid, as a result your autonomic nervous system begins to produce more stress related hormones (e.g., cortisol), your fright or flight reflex is increased, and you arn't able to come down as you normally would, and instead are always alert. Your serotonin levels decrease, and so on and so on.

It could also work the other way around. For example, as a result of substance abuse/vitamin depletion, your hormone levels are thrown out of whack, which results in you becoming more fearful/paranoid, and more prone to anxiety/mood disorders.

would you agree a vitamin depletion and such are still dependant on the (conditioned) satisfaction level of ones assertions/beliefs that keep him in check?

im saying that even the level of certainty that one needs in order to be satisfied is as well a subsconscious conditioning of the mind. Therefore it could all be bypassed on the level of consciousness.

an analogy: i could want more until it reaches my approval standards, or i can adjust my approval standards and be just as satisfied with little.

Dec 29, 2008
really?

the only time I have got them is when I was high, & it usually comes from Sativa highs for me, ...I cant fuck with Trainwreck or it is game over.

My good friend cant smoke weed no more, & she was my smokin buddy for yeeeeeears.

they got her on all sorts of meds now.
thats funny you mention sativas

i mostly smoke indicas

May 16, 2002
i started haven em about 3 years ago. it doesnt happen often now and it always sucks, but each time you learn how to manage it better.

Mar 22, 2006
www.pinkdolphinclothing.com
lately shits been fucked up and I think thats why i get that feeling when I blaze up. It makes me think about all the negative. Im not working right now and my money is pretty much gone. When I had a job and shit was good I didnt get these feelings. I need to step my life up.