Have You ever had a Panic Attack

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 9, 2003
Last night I was at home sitting at my computer desk watching Requiem for a Dream, when all of a sudden out of nowhere I felt the most terrifying feeling ever.. It felt like something really horrible was about to happen but I didn't know why...My heart was beating so fast that I didn't know what to do...so I hopped out of my chair and started pacing back in forth in the living room... My girlfriend was sitting on the couch watching TV while this was happening.. She didn't notice a thing until she seen me pacing back in forth.. She asked if I was Ok.. and I said No.. I grabbed my face but I couldn't feel my hands, they were both numb, I was taking deep breaths because I was so lightheaded. Still I didn't know what was happening.. I honestly thought I was going die.. My girl helped me to the couch, she said I was having an anxiety attack..she gave me some water and told me to think stop thinking about it (If I could).. I sat down for about 20 minutes before I got the feeling back in my hands......The barrage of symptoms lasted several seconds and then gradually faded with in an hour

What made it so frightening was that it just happened out the blue... and it was the first time it has ever happened to me and hopefully my last..

I was always thought an anxiety/panic attack was like feeling real nervous or anxious but no... the experience is so overwhelming and terrifying that you really believe you are going to die, or lose your mind..

Has anyone ever had to go through a Panic attack?? I hope not , but if so can you share..

Apr 25, 2002
www.buchosbar.com
Yeah, off and on for 10 years or so. The first time it happened I had no idea what was going on so I called 911 and got rushed to the hospital. I feel stupid for doing that now but I really thought I was dying. Its really infrequent now, maybe once a year, but it is a thumbs down getter for sure.

Aug 24, 2003
yes i have
except it was more than likely from laced weed

maybe that movie triggered something in you. that shit isnt a joke tho id actually justify getting something from a doc like low dosages of xanax or valium

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah man the shit sucks i get them every so often usually when i'm really really high, thats why i quit smoking dank for a long time. I started getting them after one time when i was on coke i seriously thought i was gonna die after that i never fucked with blow again. I hardly ever have them when i'm sober though i only got one sober once or twice and it was managable. unfourtunatly the only solution to them aside from medications that i refuse to take that i've found is drinking alcahol.

Feb 23, 2008
yea happened to me when i was lying in bed. heart started beating fast i couldn't move or talk but i was trying hard to get up, then i got real hot and felt weird after that. i though i was having a heart attack.
i was in a dreamy state and i guess i got stuck in it. crazy tho.

DVS ONE

Spanish Springs
Jun 21, 2003
Vista and Hubble
yeah the shit sucks.......happens to me every few months......good weed and chewys triggers it for me sometimes.....also stress and anxiety........im beggininning to control it now because i know what it its..... and i can calm myself down.......before i would just freak out and not know what the fuck was happening to me and i thought i was dying........lol sucks....

Apr 13, 2004
i have gotten that once but i have had many anxiety attacks that shit is horrible cuz your always gonna be thinkin "aww shit whens it gonna hit me again" i havent had one for a awhile but when i start to feel like that i just go grab some beers n that usually helps me out big time.

May 7, 2002
good news....they are managable
bad news....they never go away after your first one

ive had em since i was 17...i see a psychiatrist every two weeks for them now
Are you currently taking any meds? Or have you had any prescribed to you in the past?

Zoloft along with a low dose of Xanax has truly been a life-saver for me.

I gradually weened off the Xanax, and only take (.5mg) as a precaution (e.g., right before a midterm, job interview, etc) once every few weeks.

I haven't had a panic attack in the past 6 months or so. I always carry the Xanax with me everywhere I go, though. Just knowing I have it by my side prevents me from worrying/anticipating a panic attack. If I start to get that light-headed/hot feeling that usually precedes a panic attack, I take the Xanax, and within 10-20 minutes I'm cooler than a polar bear's toe nail. But like I've mentioned, I hardly have to actually TAKE it, just having it with me (as a just in-case sort of a thing) is enough.

To the original poster:

If you suffer another panic attack, please DO NOT WAIT and see a doctor. I waited too long, and developed Panic Attack Disorder (I suffered 1-4 full blown panic attacks per day for about 6months) and as a result developed a severe case of Social Phobia (which often goes hand-in-hand with Panic Attack Disorder).

It is possible you only suffered from one episode, and it will not happen again. However, I repeat if it happens again, please see a doctor and don't wait until it begins to take over your life!

Nov 24, 2003
nope, i dont think u can get it when u arent afraid of dying

LOL

That is like saying someone can control auto-immune disorders by changing their perspective.

Most panic attacks are not brought on by a particular fear of something but rather caused by a temporarily imbalance of hormones that isn't necessarily related to anything other than a neurological disorder that causes a body to release too many hormones at an unusual times.

Sep 9, 2003
Requiem for a Dream triggered my panic attack... What ever message was in that movie, I got it.. That movie will change your life forever.. I thought my soul was trying to leave my body, lol.. It sucks that they never go away after your first one. At least I will know how to handle it if it happens again.. lucky I didn't freak out as bad as I did, cause I was about to start running out my house..

Mar 26, 2005
www.geocities.com
Are you currently taking any meds? Or have you had any prescribed to you in the past?

yea, ive been switching between 50 and 100 mgs of zoloft for 2 years...ive had all the pain pills they give out for them...didnt do shit but just give me another drug to get addicted to lol...i quit smoking weed for a while too...ive been through the not wanting to go out faze.....panic attacks are NOT the biz.

best advice i can give ya is get prescribed zoloft and join zombie world with me.