Grand Theft Auto 5

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
because there will be DLC, those are the extra iterations like "GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas" or "GTA IV, Lost & Damned, the Gay thing"

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
Maybe this has already been covered....But shouldnt it just be called "GTA IV San Andreas" ? since id imagine its the same game engine, just in a different city. Thats how they been titled them so far. The actual number isnt change till the whole game is revamped
This was my initial thought but then i realised something. You had the GTA 1 series, containing the three cities and a GTA london. Then the engine changed to GTA2, but there wasn't a GTA2 series, just GTA2 as a stand alone game. Next we had the GTA3 series, with the 3 cities on the GTA3 engine. After this we got GTA4 which was a new engine but not a series, just like GTA2 it's one stand alone game.

Now we have GTA5 which is said to be a new direction for GTA and bigger than anything previous, so perhaps we will get a GTA5 series with a bunch of cities running on the new engine.

Or maybe I'm wrong and it's just gonna go GTA5, GTA6, GTA7 from now on...

Feb 14, 2006
I didnt know it was scheduled for release in the first place.
Anytime its mentioned by Rockstar is through interviews and its just recycled news about how it isnt San Andreas and how the map is bigger.

They did this with GTA IV. They announced it with a trailer in what, 2006? It took 2 years to release.

Feb 14, 2006
^^ i thought i read somewhere that they were aiming for a fourth quarter release in 2012 im probably wrong though.....fack.....
Oh i wasnt disagreeing with you. I just havent seen anything from Rockstar. A part of me wishes theyd stop showing trailers for games and then make us sit on it for years. Maybe when Max Payne 3 hits shelves theyll give us something.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
I told you all, we should have mob'd up and raided their HQ to force them to make this game faster, but nooooooo, you guys didn't wanna! so now we will die before it's released

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
I told you all, we should have mob'd up and raided their HQ to force them to make this game faster, but nooooooo, you guys didn't wanna! so now we will die before it's released
wtf you didn't tell me. i been down since day one let's do it then