***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
WHY THE FUCK DOES EVERY1 WANNA TRADE ELLIS
Because he's a potential cancer. A lil bit of Stephen Jackson rubbed onto him. Curry is our real future. Yes you can start these 2 in the back court but Monta already proved being a bitch, bitching about us drafting a PG but we will get killed on the defensive end in the long run. Thats a SMALL back court. Get rid of Monta while he still has some value.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Because he's a potential cancer. A lil bit of Stephen Jackson rubbed onto him. Curry is our real future. Yes you can start these 2 in the back court but Monta already proved being a bitch, bitching about us drafting a PG but we will get killed on the defensive end in the long run. Thats a SMALL back court. Get rid of Monta while he still has some value.
yeah he did bitch about it at first... but soon after the season started he shut the fuck up and was fine

he didn't bitch or complain all season... just went out there and played... played very well for that matter

I'm all for trading Ellis if it's a trade that's actually worth it (Chris Bosh or somebody like that)

but I don't think we should trade him for a few bullshit players to sit on our bench, Stephen Jackson was really a cancer, we had to get rid of him... Ellis is not... not at this point in time at least

Ellis is hown that he can improve every year... if we ship him off somewhere without getting a great player in return, and he gets off next season... we'll be kicking ourselves in the ass

like dubbc415 said.... we might not need to make any drastic changes

let's see what we can do with a new coach and a healthy team... with an actual center on the court for most of the season... if we don't drastic improvements... then we can try to clean house

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
@ DubbC415...Will the run and gun type offense get us anywhere close to a championship? The suns run and have better players than we do but still always come up short (and they dont play defense either). I do agree with a bass or lee signing though...I want a brusing beastin up big man....

Monta is a decent player and has put up nice numbers...But at the 2 i prefer a sharp shooter who has some height and can play some D.....

Curry is gonna be setting people up for open shots and from the looks of it...Will be able to run an offense efficiantly....Curry needs a big man who can get to the post and a sharpshooter waiting for a pass at the 3 point line.....

You can say thats morrow....But morrow has cement feet on defense and reaches to much.....Morrow needs some work on the defensive side......

Without defense and a big man who can get down on the block...We will be nothing more than an exicting team to watch

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
DUDE IF YOUR NOT THE LAKERS CELTICS OR SPURS YOU AINT WINNIN A CHAMPIONSHIP, ALL WE CAN HOPE FOR IS TO BE COMPETITIVE AGAIN AND GET TO HE PLAYOFFS THATS OUR CHAMPION SHIP IN THIS NBA ANYWAYS, BUT AS SOON AS THE NBA GETS OFF THIS FAVORITISM BULLSHIT THEN WE CAN THINK ABOUT A RING, UNTIL THEN MONTA GONNA BE LIGHTIN IT UP FUCK WHAT U THINK

Jan 18, 2006
Monta has good value right now and is no longer needed to run the offense so therefore it would be better to trade him cuz hes to small to be a shooting guard imo and once Curry took over the offense anyone notice Montas ppg went way down.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Monta has good value right now and is no longer needed to run the offense so therefore it would be better to trade him cuz hes to small to be a shooting guard imo and once Curry took over the offense anyone notice Montas ppg went way down.
if Monta is too small to be a shooting guard... what do you think will happen with him?

you don't think another team would wanna use him as a shooting guard? you think he'll just end up a bench player?

he's better at a 2 spot than a PG IMO

and his ppg went down because he didn't have to carry the team the way he did before... Curry stepped it up and put up some nice numbers... which took pressure off Monta

doesn't change the fact that he's a great scorer

Jan 18, 2006
at the same why not trade him for a good big, other wack teams would want him just cuz hes a good scorer but in no way does he help our offense for the future. Hes like a McGrady or Dwayne Wade but smaller and wasnt even good enough to run our offense cuz he was a score first type player

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The Warriors and Timberwolves have reportedly discussed a trade that would send Anthony Randolph to Minnesota for the Wolves' #4 pick and "maybe" Al Jefferson or Kevin Love.
Warriors GM Larry Riley wasn't giving many clues: "My position all along on Randolph is that we aren't trading him unless there is a really good player on the other end ... Every time my phone starts ringing, people start asking about him. What does that tell you? I'm not rushing to make any rash decisions. But it's my job to listen."

Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has formed a partnership with four limited partners of the Warriors in an effort to purchase the team from current owner Chris Cohan.
According to the report by CSNBayArea.com, "Ellison's motives are unclear ... though speculation is he would get inside access to determine the true value of the franchise." Ellison isn't yet a lock to buy the team, but he certainly seems like the most likely candidate.

Dec 2, 2006
I do not think we can keep Ellis and Curry. The reason being, we will continue to get killed on the boards and get pushed around by the bigger physical teams. We have played small ball too long. It does not work on the NBA level. The proof is in the pudding.

Keep Curry, shop Ellis.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
at the same why not trade him for a good big, other wack teams would want him just cuz hes a good scorer but in no way does he help our offense for the future. Hes like a McGrady or Dwayne Wade but smaller and wasnt even good enough to run our offense cuz he was a score first type player
like I said, I'm all for trading Ellis for a legit big man... but I just don't think we have to get rid of him like some people are saying

I don't want the team to trade Ellis for nothing, like we did with S Jax... I was okay with it in that situation, because he was a cancer to the team

if we don't get a legit offer for Ellis, then keep him

I think it can work with 2 small guards... if we can get Biedrins playing like he was 2 seasons ago... and get a legit big man at PF... I think we could be okay

last year the Warriors took small ball to the extreme... playing with 5 fucking guards on the court half the season... obviously that's not gonna work... but 2 smaller guards could work, if you ask me

Aug 7, 2003
if we can get swap pick and get al jefferson for anthony randolph, we should do that move 2 weeks ago...
except al jefferson would be expensive with biedrnis and turiaf. that'd be like 30 mill a year for 3 centers. not a good idea. plus he is expensive by himself.

and to previous posts, no one with a legit top 15 power forward would give them up for monta ellis. ellis is a elite tier 2 scorer but those are wayy easier to find then stud PF's.

kevin love would fit the warriors better. he's a little faster. can rebound and send the outlet pass out. plus he has added a 3 point shot to his game this season.

Aug 7, 2003
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison has formed a partnership with the Golden State Warriors' four limited partners in an effort to purchase the team from Chris Cohan, according to multiple sources.

Michael Marks, Jim Davidson, John Thompson and Fred Harman own a 20 percent stake in the Warriors, which was acquired in 2004 to bolster Cohan's cash position. They have no say in day-to-day operation of the team.

Now Ellison has aligned himself with the foursome, though his motives are unclear. Ellison could not be reached for comment and the limited partners were asked to sign non-disclosure agreements.

One league source with knowledge of the situation speculated that Ellison is making the move in order to have insider information about the organization that will enable him to make a better determination of its true value while maintaining controlling interest once he gets the team in an open bid sale that has been whittled to four potential buyers.

"It is one more brilliant move by a shrewd negotiator," the source said.

The sale of the team is being brokered by Sal Galatioto, who could not be reached for comment for this story.

But one source who has been tracking the sale pointed out that Ellison sold $1.3 billion worth of Oracle stock on the same day that Galatioto sent out books to all potential buyers.

Galatioto and Cohan informed the four bidders this past week that they had made the cut and will be given access to the Warriors' financial records and business relationships.

What is unclear about Ellison's relationship with the four limited partners is what that would potentially mean for the ultimate sale.

For instance, would Ellison give Cohan only 80 percent of the final sales price and allow the limited partners to keep their 20 percent stake, thus reducing Ellison's initial cash payment and potentially Cohan's capital gains hit?

Or would Cohan require a 100 percent payment for fear that he is not optimizing his sales potential because of the limited partners' involvement with Ellison?

"They could structure the sale as easily or as complicated as they want," one source said.

Lets go Ellison!!

Edit: a link with some tim kawakami opinons on this "supergroup"

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...ors-super-group-could-all-but-seal-this-deal/

Aug 7, 2003
from Marc Spears of Yahoo Twitter

Minny has coveted GStates' Randolph since USA Hoops scrimmage. Draft day trade possible, but Randolph curious about life w/Ellison as owner.

this was posted at like 5:15pm today, probably after that ellison super group news

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Randolph for Al Jefferson sounds damn good...But i really wanna see what Randolph can do with that extra 20 pounds of muscle...Randolphs not even close to reaching his potential yet and Al Jefferson is beasting out right now....
I really want Wes Jhonson from Syracuse..Our front office has to make something happen....

Apr 25, 2002
Randolph will be better on D and rebounding than Al Jefferson. Only thing Jefferson would give the W's is a big man that can score in the post, seems great until he gets doubled teamed every time he has the ball and doesn't pass out to open shooters.