***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
THEY FUCKIN DUMB, THEY SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL DRAFT DAY, COULD HAVE SEEN IS COUSINS FELL TO 6, TRADE COUSINS AND MAGGETI TO THE PISTONS FOR TAYSUAN PRINCE AND #7, BUT NO THEY TRADE HIM FOR SOME EXPIRING CONTRACTS THOSE REALLY HELP YOU WIN GAMES, AND YES THE PISTONS WOULD DO IT BECAUSE THEY REALLY WANT COUSINS

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
I dont see them trading away Ellis unless they know for sure they can get another BIG name player on the team. Ellis is a fan favorite and fans will be pissed if they give Ellis away without getting another big name player to replace him. If another Warrior is leaving, i'm betting Andris Biedrins is the next one to go. They were willing to trade Beidrins last year and Im sure they are still trying to get rid of him this year...especially if they are looking to draft a big man.

IF they do get rid of Monta, then I really hope they sign Lebron James. Lebron and Stephen Curry are buddies so there's a possibility he would think about joining the Warriors. Let's not forget that billionaire Larry Ellison could be the new owner of the Warriors and made an appearance at a Warriors game vs the Cavs. If Ellison becomes owner, he can offer James a max contract with Maggette/Biedrins/Ellis gone

what yall think? Lebron comin to the Bay?

Apr 25, 2002
THEY FUCKIN DUMB, THEY SHOULD HAVE WAITED TILL DRAFT DAY, COULD HAVE SEEN IS COUSINS FELL TO 6, TRADE COUSINS AND MAGGETI TO THE PISTONS FOR TAYSUAN PRINCE AND #7, BUT NO THEY TRADE HIM FOR SOME EXPIRING CONTRACTS THOSE REALLY HELP YOU WIN GAMES, AND YES THE PISTONS WOULD DO IT BECAUSE THEY REALLY WANT COUSINS
LOL....
Warriors will be much better without Maggette

Apr 25, 2002
IF they do get rid of Monta, then I really hope they sign Lebron James. Lebron and Stephen Curry are buddies so there's a possibility he would think about joining the Warriors. Let's not forget that billionaire Larry Ellison could be the new owner of the Warriors and made an appearance at a Warriors game vs the Cavs. If Ellison becomes owner, he can offer James a max contract with Maggette/Biedrins/Ellis gone

what yall think? Lebron comin to the Bay?
No way that happens. If they trade Ellis they would have to get back a player(s) with similar contract numbers unless the team trading for him had alot of cap space. In that situation dont you think that team would make a run at signing Lebron or another big name before trading for Ellis?

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
No way that happens. If they trade Ellis they would have to get back a player(s) with similar contract numbers unless the team trading for him had alot of cap space. In that situation dont you think that team would make a run at signing Lebron or another big name before trading for Ellis?
^^yeah i forgot about that haha. in that case, dump Ellis and Biedrins this year for expiring contracts and go after Kevin Durant in 2011.

Feb 15, 2003
I don't know how I feel about this trade yet.. Maggette is a solid player but I don't think he makes his teammates better... He was forced to play PF and even C at times in Golden State and he is a true SF... I think he may be a good fit for the Bucks

I just hope that we go after a big name player, hopefully a big man, yeah it would be crazy to bring lebron to GS but I just really really don't see that happenin... We need a solid big man PF/C beast.......

I guess we will be able to judge the result of this trade by seeing how the offseason unfolds and who we acquire...

If the warriors don't sign any big free agent then this trade was stupid....

Feb 15, 2003
^^yeah i forgot about that haha. in that case, dump Ellis and Biedrins this year for expiring contracts and go after Kevin Durant in 2011.
It would be dope to get Durant, but I'm sick of waitin or goin through "building" stages its time to fuckin win NOW....... Sign some players and make the team as good as you possibly can for this season........

With a few additions and a healthy squad I think we will have a solid team... Maggette is not a huge loss, I hope we now keep both Morrow and Reggie Williams.....

Jan 5, 2006
Lakers have $$, but just wait til Ellison buys the team.. we will be a force to be wreckoned with in the western conference.. soon as we get a new owner and fix all the front office issues and all that big name players will want to come here and play

Warriors will win a championship in 2014 after 2-3 years of getting into the playoffs.

Jan 18, 2006
not feeling the trade at the moment, to me maggette played above and beyond expectations last season with half the team injured. Like others said let's see what we get this offseason, hopefully with this new owner there be some good signings/trades right away. I'm gonna be pissed if we don't pick up a scorer like Maggette

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Maggette averaged the most points in the league for a player who averaged under 30 minutes a game. Thats what we're giving up, the ultimate bench player. A ball hog at times but he shot an insane fg percentage last year. Im glad we're freeing up the small forward position but we absorbed 2 huge final year contracts also.

Apr 25, 2002
I'm gonna be pissed if we don't pick up a scorer like Maggette
Yes because the Warriors ranked 2nd in scoring. Scoring is cleary a problem, who needs rebounding and defense:cheeky:

They wont be able to sign any big name free agents right away. Gadz contract doesn't come off the books until after next season and Bell the season after.

This trade does free up some space to resign Morrow and saves us from paying "the ultimate bench player" a quarter of the teams salary for the next 3 seasons.

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
The Warriors, Disappearing Before Your Very Eyes
Written by: Ray Ratto 6/22/10

Based on last year's salaries and what mid-level second-round picks sign for these days, the Warriors did not cash in by moving Corey Maggette and the 44th pick to Milwaukee for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric. Gadzuric's contract expires after this coming year, while Bell's has one more to run.

Suspecting the Warriors of the worst possible motives, though, is a fairly Pavlovian response in these parts, and if they're not going to make money on the deal, maybe they're just trying to take their pick at No. 6, do a quick slap-and-tickle with the media and then go home early. After all, even at the current glacial pace of sale negotiations, the current management can't care that much about Bell, Gadzuric or No. 44. Or No. 6, for that matter.

That is why people who worry that somehow this deal might harm the Warriors are kind of missing the point. The Warriors are harmed with or without any of the principals involved. It is a historically ghastly team run by short-timers, so their motivations won't be yours.

It is probably unfair to say that the current regime doesn't give a damn, but the size of the damn they do give can be questioned. Having collected a quick $2 million from Portland in the trade that dropped them to No. 44, the Warriors may be uninspired by what awaits them in the second round, or uninspired in general. Many people called this a draft that has five impact players (the Warriors, of course, are picking sixth), and have also called in a deep draft for bargain hunters.

But when the only bargain you want is a hefty price on your belongings, the draft couldn't be less interesting. In fact, it's conceivable that the Warriors may just move No. 6 and opt out altogether.

That they haven't yet means we still have to pay attention to their "plans" for the future, starting at Thursday's draft, while waiting to see what their real future will be. It's kind of like being on hold for months, afraid to hang up and lose one's place while suspecting that the call may never be answered.

In the meantime, the logo is still neato-keen.

Posted By: Ray Ratto (Email) | June 22 2010 at 03:54 PM

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
YEP LOOKS LIKE EVERYONES GETTIN TRADED, AND IT LOOKS AS IF THE TWO PLAYERS THAT COULD FALL TO THE WARRIORS, JOHNSON AND COUSINS ARE GONNA GO TO THE NETS AND KINGS, WHILE WE WILL PROBABLY TRADE OUR PICK AND ELLIS FOR EXPIRING CONTRACTS, FUCK THE GOLDEN STATE EXPIRING CONTRATERS

Jun 22, 2007
The Warriors are talking to a number of teams about potential trades and it looks like the No. 6 pick in the draft is up for grabs. The cost, however is high. The Warriors want whoever takes the pick to take on the contract of Monta Ellis as part of the deal. If the Warriors keep the pick, they're deciding between Greg Monroe and Ekpe Udoh. My source continues to support what I wrote Tuesday night -- Udoh has the edge.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17022/wednesday-night-draft-chatter