***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Warriors Narrow Field to 4, Including Ellison & Mastrov

By Marcus Thompson
Friday, May 28th, 2010 at 1:56 pm in Uncategorized.

The field of 11 bidders have been dwindled down to four, and they will be informed that they made it to the final round on Tuesday. I’ve been told Larry Ellison is one of the finalists, and no one I’ve talked to has disputed that. But, of course he is a finalist. He’s Larry Ellison. Another finalist, I’ve learned, is Mark Mastrov, founder of 24-Hour Fitness.

The four final bidders were chosen based on their ability to close quickly, which includes having the finances ready and being approved by the NBA.

So what happens now?

* Over the next three to four weeks, the four finalists will get to dive into the Warriors data. That includes player salaries, naming right’s contracts, media deals, sponsorships, etc. Much of the stuff was outlined in the book they sent out before they accepted bids, but the finalists will have a chance to verify and look deeper. They will also get to interview management and tour the facilities.

* After that, the four finalists will submit binding bids, including a deposit. If one bidder jumps up significantly higher than everyone else, they will win the sweepstakes. If, say, two bids are close, they will get invited to another round.

* Once the winning bidder is identified, a purchase agreement will be signed, and the agreement will go to the NBA Board or approval.

It is feasible, technically, that the new owner can be identified by July 1, when the free agency period. That would be ideal since Golden State needs some renovations to be a legit playoff contender next season. Also, if the in-coming owner wants new management and/or a new head coach, getting an agreement before the free agency period begins, or even early in the period, would allow the Warriors to be in the running for some of the best available candidates while they are on the market.

Jan 5, 2006
You can't go wrong with either Ellison or Mastrov, but personally I think Ellison would be the best fit, after all Oracle Arena is named after his very own company.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
the old golden state unis we're cool, Postin your state on them were tight only team to do it. And the newer ones were nice too, real nice lettering. But these new ones might not have the glamour the others did but thats alright having the possibility of a great team is what matters to me, and the few other golden state fans.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
The Grizzlies are not trading for Monta Ellis, a source tells beat writer Ronald Tillery.
Monta stirred the pot last week when he bought a house (formerly belonging to Lorenzen Wright) in the Memphis area. Apparently, Ellis' wife is from Memphis. There was some talk about an O.J. Mayo for Ellis swap at the deadline this season, but the deal was reportedly never close to going down. Rumors will continue to swirl around Ellis this summer.

Jan 5, 2006
Well I think that was a fan mock up. But the one I posted is directly from the warriors.com As you can see i got lazzyy doing the rest of the challenges loll

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Sources: Randolph part of trade talks

By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com
Archive

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about a trade that would send forward Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the talks.

Anthony Randolph

A. Randolph

No trade is imminent, but the Timberwolves have strong interest in acquiring the 20-year-old Randolph. The Warriors, who own the sixth pick in this year's NBA draft, would like to move up to get a higher selection. Minnesota has the fourth pick.

The 6-10 Randolph, who left LSU after one season, played only 33 games last season, averaging 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

In December, ESPN.com reported that the Warriors had interest in dealing Randolph and that the team and representatives of Randolph had met to discuss concerns over Randolph's playing time. The team reportedly was unhappy with his maturity.

"If Golden State wants to trade Anthony, we're not opposed to that," his agent, Bill Duffy, said in December. "He hasn't asked for or demanded a trade, but if the Warriors feel it would be beneficial to them to trade him, we wouldn't be opposed to that at all."

Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case.

Minnesota is high on Randolph and has been monitoring his offseason workouts in Dallas, his hometown. Randolph, who weighed 210 pounds last season, has added 20 pounds of muscle, according to two sources.

The discussions between the two clubs took place last week when several teams, including the Warriors, sent representatives to Minnesota to watch 42 potential draft picks work out at the Timberwolves' practice facility.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Im not ready to give up on Randolph yet....No way..20 pounds of muscle? Sell the fuckin team already and get these dumb asses out.....Avery Jhonson would be a perfect coach for our team......Don Nelson needs to go...Im tired of not seeing a big man who can post up (which it looks like randolph is commiting himself to do) along with grabbing some boards.....I want this team to run an actual offense (besides that run and gun shit).......We need to snatch up Joe Jhonson......And see what we can get for Ellis.....

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
yeah i dont get why hes a scapegoat. Only on the warriors do fans want to blame someone who, at 24 years old, averaged 25 pts, 5 assists, 4 rebounds and 2 steals. I dunno if we need to get rid of anyone, actually. What we need is a fully healthy team. The warriors benefit from a run and gun, and what they really need is a veteran player to provide leadership, what we had in Baron, and then S-Jax, and getting that in free agency is tough. A bruiser down low would be good (i still say David lee, or even a disgruntled Brandon Bass) but they need to be able to run the floor.