Gangsta Reese & Done Deal bootlegged

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
What I'll never understand is, why do people who are putting the bootlegs out say "oh we're just supporting you" even when the artists themselves are saying they don't want it to be done? Even if bootlegging made someone like Gangsta Reese go platinum, it shouldn't be bootlegged if he don't want it bootlegged... It's up to him and the people putting out the album how it should be promoted, not anybody else...

Apr 25, 2002
The fact of the matter is most of the folks who download the music are not going to buy the cd. They are gonna burn it and bump it. If folks were so interested in helping out an artist they would throw snippets on there instead of the whole dam CD, thats just common sense.

I hear everyone screaming support your bay area artists but then folks are so quick to download some music instead of just going to pick it up. Take it back to the old days where someone says a cd is bumpin and you just go pick that shit up on GP.

FUCKADOWNLOAD!

Apr 25, 2002
www.dugoutent.com
Zo Sicc - I think what JazzFan is pointing attention too is the FACT that this cat downloaded it, burned it and is now selling it. This not the same thing you said you did homie so I wouldn't take that as a shot to you unless that is in fact what you did. From what I understand & what you posted on an earlier thread was that you downloaded it and were now going to buy it from Reese. That is great to hear and that is what downloads should be used for...EXACTLY.

Unfortunately not all folks give a shyt and just burn it to disc and roll with it....I have family and friends like that and it fucken kills me. I just pitty the cat that is selling these bootlegs if and when he ever gets caught....cause not only is it cause for a real Ghetto ass whoopin but a BIG Felony as well....

Thanks for your honesty Zo....you have showed my camp and it's artist love so I know you speak from the heart.

PR.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Downloading I dont mind. Someone took actual UNITS to Music Trend in Hanford and sold to them. Took the money right out of our pocket. I called MT a few weeks after selling them REAL units and asked if they needed more. They said no, someone brought some in already and they bought more from him. I was the ONLY one with the units. THAT is bootlegging and it was happening to a lot more people than me.

Apr 25, 2002
not everybody who downloads doesn't go on to buy the actual cd. i download shit, but if the cd is still out and shit is knockin, please believe imma pick that shit up. especially the old shit. im always buyin old albums off of ebay and half.com. i might have the mp3s of the shit, but i'd rather have the original.

May 6, 2002
werd dugout. burning a cd and selling it for profit is something i am VERY against. take for example this:

most people will pay around $5 for cdr of a burned album. yet if you speak with an artist or company you can prob mass order albums from them at the price of $8 a unit, sell it for $12 and thats your $5 dollars right there.

people burning and selling cd's for their own profit should be stopped becuase making profit off other artists is completely wrong.

May 10, 2002
www.myspace.com
All points taken, respected.. The fact is, this is a reality we all have to deal with. On one side, the internet is the greatest thing to happen to us as independent artists and labels. We can literally spread our music across the globe without ever leaving the house....beautiful.... On the other side, you have people who abuse this techology by actually selling it and making a profit without the artist or label ever seeing a dime... In every industry, this is a reality. Whats the solution? We can't fight it, it's here! In the mid 90's a bay area artist could easily sell 20,000 units, now those artists will be lucky to sell 5,000....and the generation of artists here in the bay will be lucky to sell a 1000.... Why? It's not because of the internet it's becuase The game is flooded with garbage! So it's no wonder why you want to hear it first..If they like it, the majority of the people will buy it.

But hey, if you do download our songs, (As quoted from Big Von from Kmel when he was rappin with Dark Water Empire)
"I Don't give a fuck, just bump my shit!"

Peace.
Keep The UnderGround Alive!

Apr 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
YIP, I FOUND OUT A FEW PLACES WAS SELLIN MY SHIT, AND THEY DIDNT GET IT FROM CITY HALL OR ME.... AND THEY GOT THEM SOMEHOW AND WAS SELLIN MY SHIT..... I TOOK THE FUCCIN CD'S RIGHT OFF THE SHELF, AND I TOLD THEM, IF THEIR IS A PROBLEM, THEY CAN CALL MY LAWYER.... AND FLIPPED MY CARD ON THEIR COUNTER.... NEVER HEARD A THING FROM THEM..... THAT WAS JUST ONE PLACE...... I KNOW THEIR IS MORE!!!

ALSO, THEIR ARE THESE FAGS WHO TAKE GOOD SONGS OFF A FEW DIFFERENT ALBUMS, AND MAKE THEIR OWN LIL COMPILATION WITH ALL THESE FEATURES, AND COME TO FIND OUT, ITS ALL USED MATERIAL, THEY JUST TOOK OFF OTHER PEOPLES CD'S.... BASICALLY MADE A MIX CD, MADE A COVER AND PRESSES UP 1000 COPIES.... I SEE THIS A LOT IN MY LOCAL AREA, ONE DAY ACTUALLY AT THE CD WHERE HOUSE IN SUNNYVALE, I SAW 3 UNGLY LOOKIN CD'S WITH SOME FEATURES ON THEIR... COME TO FIND OUT, THEY WAS SONGS OFF MY SHIT.....

ITS COO TO LISTEN TO SHIT ON THE NET TO SEE IF THE ALBUM IS WORTH BUYIN, I DONT MIND THAT, I EVEN LIKE THE IDEA, AND I DONT MIND IF PEOPLE DOWN LOAD A SONG FROM SOME OLD HARD TO FIND SHIT... BUT WHEN YOU JUST BURNING A COPY OF A CD TO BUMP IN YOUR RIDE, CUZZ YOU BROKE, OR TOO LAZY TO PURCHASE, OR JUST CUZZ YOU KNOW YOU CAN BURN IT AND NOT GET IN TROUBLE..... WE ARTIST AND CEO'S WOULD LIKE TO KILL YOU!!!

Apr 26, 2002
www.abovetharestrecords.com
never been a snitch, but being an up and coming artist, I'm taking this serious.....one time down on Market...(SF), some albino cat (white hair, eyebrows, the whole nine)....approached me talking about I got all you need, from local to nationwide....I just walked right pass him......but he had a back pack full of cd-rs.......

Jul 9, 2002
ZoSicc said:

thats the dumbest shit i ever heard by the way. shows just how uneducated about the subject you are.

its funny you found out about it, guaranteed your ass is on there right now downloading everything you can...

if i find you say goodbye to the internet...

shit cant be stopped, i tried back in the day, but then i seen it couldn't be stopped, and what great support it can be used as. how downloading can help so many people hear new music, stuff that otherwise they never would have even been able to sample. helps artists reach new audiences. most will not agree with me because they're ignorance will not see past they're simple uneducated logic. go ahead, just know that i was once there, not knowing, and now am past that. and to you freethinking artists just know you got a fanbase out there supporting you beyond the normal dickriding siccness.net member, somebody whos out there actually pushing your art on new groups and fans. do we ask for credit? no. we get our satisfaction when you succeed. thats how it is and always has been, unrecognized. so what. but when persecuted, fuck that. jazzfan, you hit a personal note. i'd like you meet you. hit me on a pm. if your in cali, its on. woofin about shit you know nothing about. think before you speak. KNOW about what you speak.

you are ignorant, making threats on the internet.............
But I'm still going to pray for you!

Jul 9, 2002
ZoSicc said:
i find it an insult just because i download your shit you call it stealing.
You are stealing no matter how you slice it, you are supposed to go buy it when it drops, not download it before then.
I didnt download those cds because they are local cats and need the support.

I also find it funny that you are so hurt over something that doesnt involve you.
Hell its almost as if YOU were the one serving them was that you?