Game is the only tight MC from the West according to DMX

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
Rapper DMX, who recently finished 2 films and signed onto another was featured in a newspaper that just surfaced, where he opens up and doesn't hold back his tongue for his dislike for westcoast hip hop music. X made clear that he appreciated and respected the talent back in his native home in New York more than he did out in the west, where he currently resides. X claimed NY rappers talked about real issues and struggles, while westcoast music is about being laid back and lacking hardship. X mentioned The Game's name as a reference to a westcoast rapper that he could relate to due to his New York flavor. X said that he was able to respect him for that and couldn't really think of anyone else out west besides him that he could respect for that.

In a quote from Ventura County Star, X was reported as stating, "I don't like a lot of West Coast rappers. West Coast rap is too laid back, too focused on marijuana with all the blunts and lowriders. There's nothing honest. There's no trouble in it, you know? There's no hardship in it. Everyone in L.A. that raps has a lowrider and a fat blunt. Back here in New York, we're still walkin' and still smokin' dirt, you know? There's no hardship in their rap, there's nothin' to make you say, ‘I can relate to that."

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article173878.html

Stealth

May 8, 2002
He MIGHT be right about the topics to an extent. The west coast does talk about smokin L's. But to say they dont talk about hardship is bullshit. And to say that NY doesn't say some stupid ass stuff is bullshit too.

Either way, topics aside, who puts out better music? And besides...who the fuck is DMX to talk on that. He hasn't put out a completely solid album since "its dark and hell is hot".

Plus he must not have taken into account the "hip hop" artists from the west who would tear NY a new asshole as far as "content" - Zion I, Dilated, Murs, Del off the top of my head.

But whatever...that's just NY thinking NY is the shit.

Feb 5, 2005

I CAN SEE WHERE HIS VIEW COME'z FRUM....

1. HE'z AN EAST COAST RAPPER, SO U CANT EXPECT HIM TO KNO AZ MUCH ABOUT WESTCOAST RAP AZ YOUR TYPICAL WESTCOAST RAPPER OR FAN....

2. LOOK AT 90 % OF WESTCOAST RAPPER'z WHO ACTUALLY GET EXPOSURE ON A MAINSTREAM VIEW FOR PEOPLE TO SEE ( SNOOP, DAZ KURUPT, GAME, )...

MOSTLY ARTIST'z WIT LAID BAC STYLE'z OR RAP TOPIC'z LIKE DMX SPOKE OF...

MOST OF HUNGRY ARTIST'z FRUM WESTCOAST SOIL AINT GETTIN A BREAK...

MEANING ALOT OF THEM AINT GETTIN NO SPOTLIGHT LIKE MANY OF DA ARTIST'z DMX IZ PROLLY THINKIN OF...

- GEEzUz

Oct 16, 2002
Gilroy
man come on with the crackhead comments....just cuz someone smoked crack or smokes crack dont mean they can't express they feelin' towards something....x prolly ain't up on most the bay shit or the type of westcoast rappers i be listenin' to otherwise his opinion might be a lil diff...

but why some yall throw'n out disses like he said sum'n negative bout you....i dont knoooooow....

Feb 5, 2005
up2nogood said:
man come on with the crackhead comments....just cuz someone smoked crack or smokes crack dont mean they can't express they feelin' towards something

REAL TAWK !

IT'z FUNNY TO SEE SUMBODY SAY THAT SHIT, CUZ IT WOULD SURPRISE MOST OF THESE FOOL'z HOW MANY OF THEY FAVORITE RAPPER'z FUCC WIT IT...

& REGARDLESS OF WHUT DMX DID OR DOES WIT IT, HE ONE OF DA REALEST MC'z EVER TO TOUCH A MIC...

I DISAGREE WIT WHUT HE SAID, BUT I ALSO UNDERSTAND WHERE HE CAME FRUM WIT IT...

up2nogood said:
x prolly ain't up on most the bay shit or the type of westcoast rappers i be listenin' to otherwise his opinion might be a lil diff...
EXACTLY !!

- GEEzUz

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
he has a point alot of westcoast shit has no depth and cats still rappin bout lowriders, khakis, chucks, and same ass shit. Although Game does tend to do it too...

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
ESFCE said:
he has a point alot of westcoast shit has no depth and cats still rappin bout lowriders, khakis, chucks, and same ass shit. Although Game does tend to do it too...
Everyone raps about the same ol shit, west coast artist rap about g-shit, southern cats talk about ballin and cars, what's new.

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
i can understand everything he is saying...but to throw out game as one of the best putting it down here???
???
wtf is dude smoking?
the game is possibly one of the worst rappers imo ever to spit on the mic...is it me or does he try to come across as dre on his new album on some songs...my friend put ikn that new game album before it came out...i seriously asked him halfway through the first song if it was the new detox album..

the game is one biting ass name dropping shit talking no skills having wannabe no talent ass having sorry excuse for a artist.

dmx officially lost all credibility in my eyes

May 30, 2006
I aint even mad @ X cuz I'm almost certain that he was high when he said it. Plus he has the right 2 speak his opinion but...........

Subconciously he wasn't speaking on Westcoast hip hop, he was talking about Los Angeles. Everythinghe said about West Coast rap was are the exact same topics Game caters to on every song so he was contradicting everything he said. Like someone said before , look @ who on the west are getting all the exposure. And how iz he gonna speak on west coast hip hop in any kind of negative form when mothafuckaz in NY have adopted the west coast & southern slang & lifestyles & doing coon ass music like Chicken Noodle Soup?

VENOM

Sicc OG
Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
The West Coast don't talk about hardships????!!!!? This Nigga is outta his mind. The West Coast gave all these other niggas on these other coasts all the material they talking about now. Fucc that I'm always throwing up the W