Fucked up Childhoods

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2007
How many of yall had a fucked up childhood and how do you think that effected the person you are today. Do you think your up bringing made you a better parent to your kids or fucked up your life.

I was thinking about this because I have my kids just about every weekend and also during the week. I don't drink at all during the week but I tend to make up for it on Friday and Saterday night. I wish I can just have my kids during the week so they wont be exposed to seeing me drinking on the weekends. We do go out and have fun me the kids and my brother and friends. We do some fun shit almost every weekend like Peer 39, Movies, Beach, Bowling etc... I wonder if them being exposed to me and my friends drinking around them is negativley effecting them. They have fun but I wonder if its subliminaly fucking them up some how. We don't get out of line with em its just that since I have them on my "party time" during the week I'm worried they are going to get the impression that's all I do.

I had a fucked up childhood, my mother and her boyfriends exposed me to a lot of shit when I was a kid. My mother was a heroin addict and her boyfriends growing up were dope dealers. My parents were always in and out of jail and our house use to get raided etc... I use to see my mom shooting dope or my other family members doing hella drugs all the time and I know it fucked me up for a while. I was going down the wrong path because of all the shit I was exposed to but thankfully I met my BM and became a father etc...

I don't want my kids to be negativly effected by what I expose them too, I keep them far away from the shit I've seen but still I'm worried them seeing me, my brother, friends always partying/drinking when they see us could be a bad influence. The problem is that's the only time I get to do it cuz its my weekends. If I had them during the week more they would see a different dad more often.

Sep 24, 2007
^I show em the hood, I take em around Oakland and Richmond all the time.....lol

They live with they're mom in Sacramento now but I take em all around the bay. We were in SF on Saterday and my little one was busting break dance moves on the street, people were giving him money.

Sep 24, 2007
^The thing is its not like I'm getting waisted around them, its more like EVERY time they visit we're drinking beers and going out having fun.

I don't get enough buisness time in raising them cuz they go to school in Sacramento. I just don't want them growing up thinking all they're dad does is take us out, drink beer with his friends and has fun.

Feb 1, 2006
^The thing is its not like I'm getting waisted around them, its more like EVERY time they visit we're drinking beers and going out having fun.

I don't get enough buisness time in raising them cuz they go to school in Sacramento. I just don't want them growing up thinking all they're dad does is take us out, drink beer with his friends and has fun.
then stop goin out and downing coronas with your homies when you have your kids. it's supposed to be about what your kids want, not you goin out havin a good time and bringin em along, right?

Sep 24, 2007
@ 650Beezy: Your right about that, its just hard to juggle having a personal life, a job and kids you feel me. I try to combine them to fit it all in and now I'm starting to think its not a good idea.

You think its bad that they see they're dad and his friends / uncle always drinking beer and partying? They get dicipline at home during the week but its like party time when they come to my house and now they getting older they might be picking up some bad traits from us on the weekends.

Feb 1, 2006
@ 650Beezy: Your right about that, its just hard to juggle having a personal life, a job and kids you feel me. I try to combine them to fit it all in and now I'm starting to think its not a good idea.

You think its bad that they see they're dad and his friends / uncle always drinking beer and partying? They get dicipline at home during the week but its like party time when they come to my house and now they getting older they might be picking up some bad traits from us on the weekends.
i duno exactly what youre doin but kids are hella impressionable and they learn habits and mannerisms and all that shit from whoever they're around the most. they duno what u do during the week so yea they prolly just think what u do on the weekend is what u always do.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Interesting thread....I was meeting up with my boy last night to get some fire and one of our other homey's was there with his 3 year old son while we were blowin blunts in the room. I felt like an asshole for doing it. The kid is gonna end up just like his dad, sellin drugs and gettin arrested etc....

My childhood wasn't perfect....by ANY means....i don't think i saw my dad for 5 years or so after my parents got divorced....

regardless of ALL the bad shit that's happened to me, and there is A LOT of bad shit......I'm a BETTER person today becuase I understand how actions effect people and that something I do can change someone's life FOREVER for better or worse depending on the choice that I make....

Live and learn. Or just DIE. Cause if you ain't learning you ain't progressin...and that's the point of LIFE ON EARTH.