ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
85 games at home unbeaten woot woot

and anelka what a fuckwit missed right infront, ffs..
He let the ball pass behind him, you can still score from this position, even if you get caught unprepared as him, but it requires a some more improvisation and skills than what he posseses...

Anyway, Man Utd lost the two points IMO, you just can't expect scoring one goal and then defending it for 70 minutes against Chelsea at their own stadium to be a successful strategy

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Not at all, just 1 win this season...

But I liked how they played the first 20-25 minutes, things were clicking, even without Christiano Ronaldo

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
they have to played 1 game more

plus they usually start slow and in the end win it

I would be worried if the table looks the same in a month from now, right now it's too early

Sep 4, 2002
^~~~~~~~~~YOURE ONE OF THOSE GUYS WHO FEEL BECKHAM'S MOVE TO THE MLS WAS BRILLIANT AND GOOD FOR "soccer"
It was good for MLS you dip shit. so yes it was good for major league 'soccer'.

I can't help but thinking your implying that I think its great for football in general all over the world . No one thinks that, and that point is really stupid to make. it is good for american soccer that he came over, the mls is expanding in teams every year till 2011. so the MLS is doing something right, and I'm sure beckham had something to do with that.

and once we ditch the salary cap on our teams, we can start keeping our young american talents in the MLS, but until it gets even more popular then it is now, we are gonna have to settle with this salary cap shit with one exception to one player.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
It was good for MLS you dip shit. so yes it was good for major league 'soccer'.

I can't help but thinking your implying that I think its great for football in general all over the world . No one thinks that, and that point is really stupid to make. it is good for american soccer that he came over, the mls is expanding in teams every year till 2011. so the MLS is doing something right, and I'm sure beckham had something to do with that.

and once we ditch the salary cap on our teams, we can start keeping our young american talents in the MLS, but until it gets even more popular then it is now, we are gonna have to settle with this salary cap shit with one exception to one player.
There aren't that many american talents to be kept in MLS

Your problems are two:

1. Soccer is a game for schools and colleges and not for the street. This game has to be learned on the street, when you're very young, 3-10 years old; you have to have mastered the basics by and only then you go and play organized football to learn the tactics. If you don't have the street/beach/footsal training, you typically lack the skills, improvisation and primal football instincts, needed to make it in the real game. No matter how physical the games becomes, athleticism is something that can come from outside, having skills and being able to read the game always come from inside, i.e, everybody can start running fast after going through the necessary training, nobody can start making Ronaldinho's no-look passes if he doesn't have it in him.

BTW, Western Europe has begun to experience exactly the same problem - fewer and fewer children play the game on the street and the consequences are already seen.

The same thing applies to basketball, but with opposite signs - the US players learn the game on the street and that's where their advantage in terms of skills comes from. I am sure nobody teaches windmill dunks and streetball dribbles in college or in high school, and basketball in Europe is a mostly indoor game

2. For some reason, americans simply don't understand the game. This is related to number two, but I think it also comes from the nature of baseball and american football, which are a lot more static and/or tactical games compared to football. I have played with people who play college soccer and who are supposedly good. All they do is mindless running around the pitch, playing rough, often dirty defense and even if they make some well organized play, it is always something standard. No improvisation, no tricks, no surprising moves, passes, no spark of a genius at all. If this does not change, they will never reach the level of Brazil and Argentina