Eats your words!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Nice try, but it's neither. I have been watching, as I do every year, and "you're hating" is always the default response when people don't like what others are saying.
ok... we'll just agree to disagree I guess

I honestly feel like the team has improved slightly... not nearly as much as I would have liked... and not as much as the Niners have improved

but it is what it is... I respect your opinion for the most part... and I'll respect it here... but I just don't agree with you in this case

Apr 25, 2002
It's cool. We won't always agree, especially when it comes to our respective teams.

It makes sense for you to see something in your team that I don't for the simple fact that you're LOOKING for it. You WANT to see that improvement so you're going to notice ever little thing to prove to yourself that they are improving. I do the same with my team. Fpr instance, I KNOW that our improvement is much bigger than one game. The record doesn't prove that, but I know where we've improved because I've been watching very closely and I'm looking for those improvements. You're doing the same with your team.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
They finished with the same exact record as last year and made no strides outside of the trio of games they pulled out of their asses. They look no better going into this offseason than they did after the 2008 season. Benching Russell was a good decision, but overall the team is still in the same position it was last year and the year before it. They are dysfunctional as usual. Of course, raider fans will see improvement like always, but what's new?
lol... why is it the Raiders can't just win games... but they only win because they "pull them out of their asses" ????

maybe we were just the better team on those days... and proved that we have potential to be a good team

"potential" is the key word there... consistency is what the team lacks... they obviously don't play their best football week in and week out

proven by the fact that we beat Philly, Cinci, Pittsburgh, and Denver... had 2 close games against San Diego and a close game against Baltimore yet we lose to Cleveland, Washington, and KC

come on man... is it that hard to give the Raiders SOME type of props?

Dec 2, 2006
Now tell me what the fuck that has to do with what I said. You're looking for a chance to take shots wherever you can. You shouldn't even have quoted me because your response had absolutely nothing to do with anything I said.

As for us not making the playoffs.. AT LEAST WE'RE STILL IN THE HUNT TOWARDS THE END OF THE YEAR. That means we actually have a chance, unlike your teaml. One game, one step at a time. We are taking those steps, no matter how small. Your team isn't moving an inch. That's the truth.
like i said, some settle for crumbs. take your little moral victory and be happy. almost does not mean shit. until you actually make the playoffs you guys aint really doing shit.you guys were supposed to be in the playoffs a few years ago, remember? yeah, the raiders as a team are being held back by one man and one man only. we arent as far off as you think. but tell yourself whatever you want.

coming from a niner fan, i just have to LOL though.

Apr 25, 2002
lol... why is it the Raiders can't just win games... but they only win because they "pull them out of their asses"

maybe we were just the better team on those days... and proved that we have potential to be a good team

"potential" is the key word there... consistency is what the team lacks... they obviously don't play there best football week in and week out

proven by the fact that we beat Philly, Cinci, Pittsburgh, and Denver... had 2 close games against San Diego and a close game against Baltimore

come on man... is it that hard to give the Raiders SOME type of props?
The reason I said they pulled them out of their asses is because it's the truth. Look at it without your raider goggles and tell me that you truthfully believe they would win against those 3 teams again if they played 5 more times.

And I already gave them props in each of those gameday threads. Whether it was pulled out of their asses or not, they still won and they still got their props. But now it's time to look at the reality of things. The raiders are near the bottom of the league. Bottom-dwelling teams don't beat playoff teams because they are the better team, they win because they pull one out of their asses.

Apr 25, 2002
like i said, some settle for crumbs.
I always laugh at people like you. If the two teams traded positions, there would be none of this "settle for crumbs" talk. But I didn't expect anything more from you.

Settling for crumbs >>>> settling for nothing at all, like you are forced to do.

Not to mention we're "settling for crumbs" over our performance last year, which shits on the raiders this year. Our "crumby" progress makes our team a hell of a lot better than yours.

Apr 25, 2002
This might come back to bite me in the ass, but, post up some of the ridiculous claims you heard this off-season, that have proven to be otherwise!

The Bold was true lol
I dont regret my quote at all. Vernon Davis had a great year but I dont think he's much better than Miller even though he had a better season.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
The reason I said they pulled them out of their asses is because it's the truth. Look at it without your raider goggles and tell me that you truthfully believe they would win against those 3 teams again if they played 5 more times.

And I already gave them props in each of those gameday threads. Whether it was pulled out of their asses or not, they still won and they still got their props. But now it's time to look at the reality of things. The raiders are near the bottom of the league. Bottom-dwelling teams don't beat playoff teams because they are the better team, they win because they pull one out of their asses.
if we played those teams 5 more times would we win against them? maybe... we wouldn't win the majority of the games... but there's no saying we wouldn't win ANY of them

I never said we were better than those teams... I said we were the better team on THAT DAY... the Raiders did what had to be done to get the W

I said the team lacks consistency... and showed potential this season... it's not only Raiders fans who have been saying the team is improved the second part of the season... I've seen a lot of media people talking about how the Raiders are a dangerous team and are improving, etc etc...

now the moves made int he off season are gonna have a lot to do with the continued improvement of the Raiders... we all know Al Davis can make some horrible decisions... and can set the team back... but I'm just gonna sit back and wait and see what he does before I decide how we will look next season

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
raider fans pick them 2 win every week then when u call them out they say, ''i just picked em cuz im a fan, i wudnt hav picked em in my pick em league.'' then when they win a game once every 3 weeks they quote their prediction like they r genious. lol

Feb 21, 2006
this thread is comedy. Bay Area football has been so atrocious for the last 7 years that we argue about who sucks less. What both teams need are elite QB's

Dec 2, 2006
I always laugh at people like you. If the two teams traded positions, there would be none of this "settle for crumbs" talk. But I didn't expect anything more from you.

Settling for crumbs >>>> settling for nothing at all, like you are forced to do.

Not to mention we're "settling for crumbs" over our performance last year, which shits on the raiders this year. Our "crumby" progress makes our team a hell of a lot better than yours.
and i laugh at people like you. the type that settle for moral victories instead of real ones. when you make the playoffs, then i would say there is progress being made. until then you are at the bottom of the barrell as you say with the raiders. that is the TRUTH NO MATTER WHAT YOU TELL YOURSELF!

Apr 25, 2002
raider fans pick them 2 win every week then when u call them out they say, ''i just picked em cuz im a fan, i wudnt hav picked em in my pick em league.'' then when they win a game once every 3 weeks they quote their prediction like they r genious. lol
It's funny because I pick against my team whenever I think they will lose and I pick for the raiders whenever I think they have a chance to win, but I still get labeled a hater because they don't like when I say anything negative about their team. If you look through the Niner News Thread, you'll see me saying negative things about the Niners and some of their individual players and of course it's all good, but if I do the same to the raiders I am a hater. Why can I keep it real about my own team but not theirs?

It's cool though.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I must have missed those reports.
You must have... I've seen it being said on ESPN and NFL Network

for example... talking about the Ravens going into Oakland week 17, there were analysts saying that it won't be an easy game for the Ravens because the Raiders are a dangerous team, and play well against better opponents, that they shouldn't mark the game down as a W, etc. etc.

and guess what? we almost won the game... had Charlie Frye (who had a great first half btw) stayed in the game, there is a good chance we would have won... Jamarcus Russell's 2 turnovers killed us

anyways... just saying... the Raiders have gained some respect this season

Apr 25, 2002
and i laugh at people like you. the type that settle for moral victories instead of real ones. when you make the playoffs, then i would say there is progress being made. until then you are at the bottom of the barrell as you say with the raiders. that is the TRUTH NO MATTER WHAT YOU TELL YOURSELF!
I don't think you understand what the word "progress" actually means. When you move in the right direction, as we are, you get closer to your goal. In case you haven't figured it out, not every team does a 180 in a single season like the Saints did a few years ago or the Dolphins last year. MOST teams make progress, get a little better and then reach their goals.

Then again, I'm talking to a guy who settles for no progress whatsoever and instead tries to shoot down the progress of another team. I get it.

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. Nice chatting with you.

Dec 2, 2006
I don't think you understand what the word "progress" actually means. When you move in the right direction, as we are, you get closer to your goal. In case you haven't figured it out, not every team does a 180 in a single season like the Saints did a few years ago or the Dolphins last year. MOST teams make progress, get a little better and then reach their goals.

Then again, I'm talking to a guy who settles for no progress whatsoever and instead tries to shoot down the progress of another team. I get it.

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. Nice chatting with you.
i dont understand what progress means, huh?

keep reaching. you have no idea what i know and dont know about progress, lol.

now get back to work son. us big boys come out to play when its dark...

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
lol fooz are too stuck on the fanaticism they blind. "What does we were in the hunt" mean to a retard?

Offseason moves can make and break a team, but cancers like the raiders have as players paralyze team chemistry and can't be fixed unless the cancers are waived.

The cancer that is JR isn't leaving anytime soon. In fact any players associated with JR I wouldn't trust and should be waived also.

The Niners are in the right path, if you think otherwise you are a retard just like that guy that said Miller is better than VD.

I don't hate the raiders cuz they cali too but there fans make it easy to despise the team. Shit don't matter to me also because we aren't even in the same conference. We NFC.

I'm still waiting for the day its 49ers vs Raiders in the superbowl. That will be the day of reckoning. (Al Davis will have to die first before that shit happens though)

I'll give it to the raiders they did play their hearts out against the tough teams, but those teams were really underestimating the Raiders because of media bashing specially when those 2 receivers ran into each other.

In conclusion any team can improve vastly if they make the right decisions in the offseason and with the salary cap being terminated. That opens it up for teams with skrill to make big moves without restrictions, Packer fans are fucked. Good thing we Didn't overspend and maintained. 1994 season here we come I see some big signings like we had that year.