E-40 - The Ball Street Journal album discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2008
im at a delima: quinns beats were nowhere near as hard as 40's, but 40 had some watered down pop shit that kinda killed his shit its kinda close lol

fuck dat i changed my mind earl stevens came harder

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
all in all this album is well rounded. somethang for everone. Shit I like about the cd the next person might hate and shit the next person might love, I hate. Thats to be expected when you are on a national level. Got to give 40 props for putting this together like that.
Hes grown and is expanding to other regions so Im not mad at the commercial sounding stuff. The R&B hooks may not be for me but you get to Mobb shit "Tell it Like It Is" or "Alcoholism" thats going to be blarin out my speakers....

Feb 2, 2006
40 IS the bay outside of the bay and he is repping it right so i support. who the fuck else can fill his shoes? nobody right now.

this album is made for slap i had "tell it like it is" on repeat in the car this morning. step your speakers up buy some 12s or something. some of the bars he was saying rang with so much truth i saw people jumping a little when i pulled up lol. thats how u know its that fiya fiya hahahaha

whole album slaps the sound is new and fresh i gotta say its the best album of 08 fo sho. if u dont believe me turn yoru beat down then and just listen to lyrics and tell me if anyone can spit like that. i do agree there is a litle too much singing but he kinda tricked peopel with the singles what if parents buy that for there kids they think they buying some more cookie cut mainstream music and then they hear straight gangsta d boy hustlin ass shit they kid gon start getting ideas ahaha im proud of the bay mane we are your favorite rappers favorite rappers

Jan 6, 2006
album should do 100k + range or more first week. mgrc did like 98k first week and still went gold with steady sales. cant wait to cop this on monday. bay album of the year for sure. alil something for everybody on here, from the mainstream joints to the mobb shit, it's well rounded, diverse. sounds like it's gonna be in the top 10 hiphop albums of 08.

May 8, 2008
album should do 100k + range or more first week. mgrc did like 98k first week and still went gold with steady sales. cant wait to cop this on monday. bay album of the year for sure. alil something for everybody on here, from the mainstream joints to the mobb shit, it's well rounded, diverse. sounds like it's gonna be in the top 10 hiphop albums of 08.
Are you talking about nationwide, or just the Bay?

Nov 1, 2005
hot hot album. see what he did here kids? put 3-4 radio joints on here, but took up the whole damn cd, 19 tracks. take off those tracks, and u still got urself a 60 minute album thats fuckin tight.

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
I aint listened to the Quinn yet but lets keep it real....this new 40 is on BLAP! i mean one listen is all it took for me to jump on here and co/sign that this is one of the hardest albums of the year....if you dont like this and you claim to be a bay rap fan YOU ARE TRIPPIN!

Feb 15, 2008
UGGGGGH HE CAME JUS AS HARD AS MY GHETTO REPORT CARD, THIS IS GONA BE ANOTHER BAY CLASSIC, YOU GONA BE HEARING THIS ALBUM SLAPPIN AT ALL THE PARTYYS SHYT SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPP!!!!!... WHO GOT THE PRODUCTION CREDITS??!????
The cd jacket will have the credits!! album in stores everywhere Monday November 24th buy your self a copy or 2.

Jun 27, 2005
wow...not even feeling earl?
I'm probably not being completely fair. I only skimmed through it, but Pray For Me the only song on there that made me actually want to listen to it and that has more to do with Bosko than it does 40. I'll give it a couple listens but it gave a terrible first impression.