Droop E Beat's

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 1, 2005
Is Droop E overrated? Are his beats really that tight? I've heard get on my hype. It was ok but alot of the other stuff I really wasn't feeling. Could it be because he's E-40's son why everybody's showing him love. I'm not hatin on him I just want to know what you think.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Droop-E is pretty sick to me, he kinda has the same sort of style as Ric Rock IMO. He shows hella promise, dude is still a youngster and is already putting out some real cool shit, wait till he really builds his chops up after a few years he'll really turn some heads.

Apr 20, 2005
droop-e is cool its just that his beats sound way too similiar. . .its not like rick rock where u can tell its a rick rock its just that ALOT of beats on the bay bridge comp sounded like the same beat IMO

May 29, 2002
MrFedEx503 said:
i like droop-e as well, i just dont think his production can hold up thru a entire cd.
I think the bay bridges comp proves it can hold up through an entire album.

Sure he has work to do and maybe a lot of his shit does sound similar, but 2 years ago everyone only knew him as e-40's son on the song on in a major way. you name someone who has gone as far as he has in that short amount of time, then maybe I'll buy into him being over rated. You cannot hold the fact that his father is e-40 and that he probably got a lot of lessons from rick rock against him.

Apr 5, 2005
I hear alot of noise. I don't hear music. I like that shit Mike Mosley and Sam Bostic used to do. That's music. Alot of beat makers aren't musically inclined. They know how to program a sequencer and put alot of drum patterns together and make noise. I ain't mad at Droop E but he might wanna start taking some music theory classes then he'll be the shit.

Mar 20, 2005
For being 17 he mos def got skiils.
I agree that his beats are more noise then melody and all kinda sound alike, not really my style but thats the type of beats sick wit it been coming with for the past few years (after in a major way) so thats the style he soaked up
but image when this kids like 25...
he got a big future ahead of him plus hes already in good just cause hes 40's son.

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
i like droop-e's beats like the other guy said him n turf talk make a good combo i like that go ignant song with tha mossie too

Oct 1, 2005
His Beats Seem to Me Like Most Other Producers. Some Are Good Some Are Straight Up Shit. My Real Question About Him Is Lyrically. 40s Had A Godzilla Ass Mansion On The Hill For Like 10 Years Now. Droop Is What, Like 17 Or 18? Are We Supposed To Believe Hes Been Doing All This Dirt? Dude Probably Hasnt Even Seen The Hood Since In A Major Way.

Sep 30, 2005
SSProductionz said:
For being 17 he mos def got skiils.
I agree that his beats are more noise then melody and all kinda sound alike, not really my style but thats the type of beats sick wit it been coming with for the past few years (after in a major way) so thats the style he soaked up
but image when this kids like 25...
he got a big future ahead of him plus hes already in good just cause hes 40's son.
In A Major Way came out in the mid 90s, Sick Wid 'It didn't start using that kind of beats since just a few years ago. Even up to The Mossie's second album, The Click's Money & Muscle, all that shit came out after 2000 and it didn't have those kind of beats at all. Not even ressembling.

Me personally, I don't feel his shit. The beats just really annoy me, especially when I compare it to those old Sam Bostic & Mike Mosley and Studio Ton beats that were so dope. I feel he ain't ready to be full on like that. I mean a few of his beats are cool for what they are, but many are straight up weak by any standards, more than normally acceptable. He's not really developped yet.