Dragon Age: Origins

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2004
Anyone peep this game? Came out Nov. 3. Its made by the same people that did Mass Effect. The story is supposed to be 60-80 hours long and you can create dozens of different characters. I might have to cop this I love fantasy rpgs.

May 6, 2009
Shit's sitting in my mailbox from gamefly. Still havent walked down there to pick it up. I'll post what I think of it after I play it tonight.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I'm interested in it...I have a coupon for Best Buy for a $10 gift card if I get it within the next couple days. It's also gonna be on sale Black Friday for $40 at a couple places so far. I'm torn lol.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I been waitin for this for close to a year.. Just like i have with Demon Souls.. and when the time comes, i have the money, and everything ready, but i don't think im coppin jus yet.. So damned hooked on AION, shits been the only thing i practicly been playin.. Then again i dont have much time now with 2 jobs, fuuuuuuck.. But i'll cop eventually i'm sure..

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
I snagged up a Collector's Edition today from Best Buy and used the coupon I had to get a $10 giftcard. I won't be playin' it until Christmas though haha.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i bought it. been hesitant to start is because of modern warfare coming out. cant wait to start it though. all they had to say was its the spirtual successor to baldurs gate 2 and i was sold, that is probably my favorite rpg of all time. not to mention it has 100+ hours of gameplay, that is actually pretty rare these days. they said a quick playthrough is 60 hours, thats nuts

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
i bought it. been hesitant to start is because of modern warfare coming out. cant wait to start it though. all they had to say was its the spirtual successor to baldurs gate 2 and i was sold, that is probably my favorite rpg of all time. not to mention it has 100+ hours of gameplay, that is actually pretty rare these days. they said a quick playthrough is 60 hours, thats nuts
I'm glad mine is for Christmas...but it's gonna suck because I'm also getting Fallout 3 GOTY for Christmas...then late January I'm coppin' Mass Effect 2. Those three games will eat up all my time. I'll have to try to squeeze in time for Assassin's Creed 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 as well since I'll probably be gettin' both of those.

Jun 11, 2004
I copped it and been playin for grip last two days. Shits pretty dope. Its basically like mass effect, but with less awesome graphics, but WAY LONGER, in a fantasy setting. this game is the ultimate waste of time. I'm feelin it tho.

Jan 19, 2006
^^^ dont let that throw you off

Bioware is an intersting company.. BG 1&2 are some of the best RPGS ever made.....

KOTOR and their console efforts were a bit different. Some people liked them but to me it was garbage. Dragons age seems to be the game that fixes that (strategic combat etc...)

That said, I should have time to play this some time in 2012

May 13, 2002
^lol.

i beat the shit, i was a savage warrior, an i chose to rule with the queen for the ending.

but yeah shit was addiciting, i beat it in around 40 hours.

Jun 11, 2004
I was playin this game for a grip until my buddy told me about the gay Zevran romance scene that you can trigger if you get him to like you enough. Lookin back I remember he tried hitting on my character a few times but I thought i was just hella high and misunderstood or something. I'm tryin to figure out a way to kill him or at least boot him from my party. i'm kinda disturbed they decided to include something like that in this game.