DJ QUIK : THE BOOK OF DAVID

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
For sure the album has grown on me. I still stand behind my opinion that Bizzy Bone (all of people) should not be on this album. Why not get Nipsey or Game or Jay Rock or anyone in your own backyard that has up and coming talent to shine on the records. Almost like Quik is saying they don't have enough talent or something.

Any case - album is definitely solid. I can bump it all the way through - which is always the sign of a great album. Still - maybe was expecting a bit more, especially cuz this is the last Quik we will hear for a couple years.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I didnt mind Bizzy so much on Across the Map, but his voice sort of annoyed me on Babylon. I love how Across the Map is a modern version of Everlasting Bass. Quik totally recreated that sound without it sounding like an old song. It was dope hearing Rodney O on there...

Feb 8, 2003
yo darkshadow i thought El debarge was the group not the dude. or is the the Group called "Debarge"???
El debarge is one dude solo artist he been solo since 1986. He used to be the lead singer along with his sister Bunny in they family debarge group before he went solo in 86 till now..

debarge group was EL, Bunny, James, Marty, Tommy. Then in 86 El and bunny left to go solo then the group did one last album(bad boys) with the remaining members and adding they older brother bobby as the lead singer taking el's place btw el & bobby sounds idnetical. the members for that album was Bobby(r.i.p), Tommy, Marty, James.

Heres El Debarge

Heres the group Debarge

heres Bobby he died of Aids in 95 from using dirty needles.

Bobby and EL sound identical and look alike. Alot people below thought El was singing on the song below but its Bobby when he was in the group Switch.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

El debarge is one dude solo artist he been solo since 1986. He used to be the lead singer along with his sister Bunny in they family debarge group before he went solo in 86 till now..

debarge group was EL, Bunny, James, Marty, Tommy. Then in 86 El and bunny left to go solo then the group did one last album(bad boys) with the remaining members and adding they older brother bobby as the lead singer taking el's place btw el & bobby sounds idnetical. the members for that album was Bobby(r.i.p), Tommy, Marty, James.

Heres El Debarge

Heres the group Debarge

heres Bobby he died of Aids in 95 from using dirty needles.

Bobby and EL sound identical and look alike. Alot people below thought El was singing on the song below but its Bobby when he was in the group Switch.

Good info. Where does Chico Debarge fit in?