DJ QUIK : THE BOOK OF DAVID

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2010
I'm sure the album is dope as most Quick albums are and I'll be checking it out for sure but 16 songs and there are 13 features... I hate shit like that. Not saying that it will take away from the album any, but whatever happened to solo albums where you had maybe 3-4 songs out of 16 with a feature or two on them?
Considering Quik is also actually a very capable MC who really shines with personal lyrics, the amount of guests is disappointing.

Apr 25, 2002
snoop, daz, and quik all just dropped and not a single mention of nate dogg? no love for nate? its displeasing to me
NATE DOGG died in the middle of MARCH. They turn in they're albums way in advance so that's why. He was down and out for a few years anyway so it wasn't anything new to his close folks or to the fans who kept there ears to the streets

Apr 20, 2005
daaam. everybody says this album is so great. its alright. there is nothing super about this album to me. saving my money.

Oct 6, 2008
Fuck it...

I thought it was weak..

Considering Quik's talent and catalogue this was disappointing.. the lyrics were bland, NOT personal or deep.. him rhyming "benevolent" and "relevant" was on some simple shit... the beats dragged too..

"Trauma" shit all over this....

On a good note, the jams with Cube, Suga Free & Kurupt were dope.. but for the most part it was a contrived, almost-forced, west coast album..

And doesn't BlaKKazz KK sound A LOT like AMG?

Fuck is that?

Feb 8, 2003
And doesn't BlaKKazz KK sound A LOT like AMG?

Fuck is that?

You know thats dude from 2nd II none dont you?

@EXPLicit cop this album or download a cd quality version burn it listen to it in the whip or system and soak it in this shit is crisp as hell and one his best albums since early 00s. this shit groovin he killed it with the beats and he flowing. This album gotta grow on u its summertime music.

i remember when rhytmlism first dropped mass people said it was soft & weak then after a while they was callin it a classic. Quik is ahead of his time

Nov 14, 2002
it was kind of strange to me at first listen cause that first song just really throw you off.those double snares and off timing kicks isnt what people want from quik.they want that "Nobody" sound all the way through the album. i just dont get why he dont give his core fans what they want.the quality is their and i like the album but i was hoping he said fuck mainstream and just made a whole old school dj quik sounding "way 2 funky/born and raised in compton 2k" type album.

Oct 6, 2008
You know thats dude from 2nd II none dont you?

@EXPLicit cop this album or download a cd quality version burn it listen to it in the whip or system and soak it in this shit is crisp as hell and one his best albums since early 00s. this shit groovin he killed it with the beats and he flowing. This album gotta grow on u its summertime music.

i remember when rhytmlism first dropped mass people said it was soft & weak then after a while they was callin it a classic. Quik is ahead of his time
I did bump it.. I sat and listened to the whole thing.. (no skipping) then I took it to the whip and bumped it.. The jam with Ice Cube and "Babylon" with Bizzy are my favorites.. and Kurupt spits a killer flow on "Flow For Sale".. I'm not saying I hate it entirely.. just disappointed...

My complaint is that the beats themselves, fail in comparison to his last album and the ones before it.. I agree that there are worse Quik joints than this.. but I listened to the whole thing and it was just missing something.. it didn't have a definitive Quik classic like the other ones had..

Even playing "Trauma" when you heard the joint with Jodeci it was over.. or on "Rhythm-al-ism" where you had TONS of classics.. As you stated before, you have to soak it in..

But if an album is that dope, you don't HAVE TO soak it in.. the joints are just there...

Oh.. and I didn't know that was the dude from 2nd II None.. got me on that.. but homie STILL sounds a lot like AMG.. just sayin'..

Feb 8, 2003
yall hella felt trauma? i hated that shit..i was done with quik after that one..

this shit brought me back despite weak shit like hydromatic and poppin...
i thought trauma was garbage too he was flowing and sounded like a bitch on that album not to mention it sounds outdated now and it sounded rush bc he was going to jail that year. This album sounds like he sat down and took his time.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
damn i liked trauma kinda alot. but whatever so far i got half way through book of david and im feeling certain songs but i aint done yet so we will see. Quik is my all time favorite Producer so i have a higher standered when it comes to his cd's......

Apr 20, 2005
this is a good cd to throw on during a bbq out at the park. i even listened to this with my Dr Dre headphones! and i still wasnt getting into it. i guess its alright but for Dj Quik "a legendary total packaged musician" its a bigg let down to me.

he should stop fucking around and give us them old kits he was using back then. safe & sound, Rhythm-al-ism, and balance & options. where them bass lines at?

May 11, 2002
This CD is amazing.

The beats are so clean and a breath of fresh air in 2011.

Fuck Dre.... Quik is a west coast legend and showing it with this release.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
After the first listen, half of this cd is do not want status. It's got a couple of good songs tho, but the misses are pretty offensive to the ears. He used a lot of sounds that just didn't sound good to me on some of those beats. I'll give it another spin tho to see if it grows on me.