Did Johanned Mehserle Shoot Oscar Grant in the back on accident

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
He killed him plain and simple. As a cop he should have had better judgement. Justice needs to be served and he needs to be charged with murder. I think this cop was thinking "fuck this nigger," I'm going to kill him if he continues to resist.

BTW, I'm curious to see what WHITE people or non-blacks think of this incident. Any youtube videos?
I'm white, and I think Mehserle is a cold piece of shit and needs to pay with the rest of his life.

If he meant to reach for his taser but pulled his gun on accident, he should go to prison for being an idiot and not knowing the difference...for being negligent. If he meant to reach for his gun, he should go to prison for being an idiot...and for murder.

We all know that dude belongs in prison for the rest of his life. I think it's a slap in the face that the judge tossed out a possible 1st degree conviction, so now we have to hope for that 2nd degree joint.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
How many times do people who murder people say it was an accident or I didn't mean to shoot them. More then half the time. This falls under this catagory. My cousins house was broken in to while he was sleeping n he got up n started dumpin. He chased dudes out the house n kept shootin. He accidentally shot a homeless person diggin in a trash can n killed him. To make a long story short after all the gang enhancments he was given a term of 57 to life which he is currently serving in pelican bay. He was 17 years old n has now spent 10 years in prison. So is it different for this guy cuz he's a cop.
A fucked up situation.

Nov 24, 2003
Because if he thought for a split second "I'm going to shoot this dude"...it's premeditated.

1st degree murder is usually defined by premeditation which requires actually planning the murder in advance and/or "laying in wait".

Dana Dane said:
I'm just wondering why people would think it was pre-meditated.
The law is defined by the particular judges interpretation of it. The judge hypothetically could have allowed 1st degree under HIS definition of premeditation.

I would have argued that it could have been 1st degree because it's certainly possible Mehserle went on the call with the intent to kill the suspect.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Then ALL murder (other than manslaughter) is pre-meditated. At some point, you say to yourself "i am going to shoot this person", EVEN if it is a split-second before it happens. You pull the trigger for a reason.
MANY, MANY people get convicted of 1st Degree murder without actually planning it or lying in wait. Just the simple fact that somebody has a weapon on them can be (and often is) considered premeditation. In this case, carrying a gun was a part of dudes job...which is probably why the judge tossed out the 1st Degree possibility.

Usually people who carry weapons plan on using them at some point (either for protection or to offend). Pulling the weapon usually sets those plans in stone, and using it seals the deal. That is considered premeditation which is why so many people get that sentence...even if they aren't stone cold killers.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'm hoping he is convicted of murder and gets prison time. I have doubts he'll serve time due to his get out of jail free card otherwise known as a badge. pirrone should be convicted of at least police brutality. I wanna hear the closing arguements

May 9, 2002
MANY, MANY people get convicted of 1st Degree murder without actually planning it or lying in wait. Just the simple fact that somebody has a weapon on them can be (and often is) considered premeditation. In this case, carrying a gun was a part of dudes job...which is probably why the judge tossed out the 1st Degree possibility.

Usually people who carry weapons plan on using them at some point (either for protection or to offend). Pulling the weapon usually sets those plans in stone, and using it seals the deal. That is considered premeditation which is why so many people get that sentence...even if they aren't stone cold killers.
You just proved my point and completely disregarded yours.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
No, I think the dude had every intention of using a weapon that night. Shitty part about it is, he was a cop...so he gets a pass apparently.

He pulled his taser one time, and supposedly pulled his gun on the train. The dude wanted to pull a trigger that night.
so you think he started his shift that night and said "I'm gonna kill someone today!"

uhhh... I really doubt that

and I'm not trying to defend dude... don't get me wrong, I think the guy is guilty and deserves time in prison... no doubt about that

but it's pretty hard to argue that it was premeditated based on the facts

of course he gets a pass to carry a weapon because he's a cop... carrying a weapon is part of his job, lol

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
so you think he started his shift that night and said "I'm gonna kill someone today!"

uhhh... I really doubt that

and I'm not trying to defend dude... don't get me wrong, I think the guy is guilty and deserves time in prison... no doubt about that

but it's pretty hard to argue that it was premeditated based on the facts

of course he gets a pass to carry a weapon because he's a cop... carrying a weapon is part of his job, lol
No, I don't think he started his shift wanting to shoot somebody. But, I do think he responded to that call wanting to shoot somebody. He was waving weapons around from jump street.

And I wasn't talking about him getting a pass to carry a weapon, I'm saying they gave him a pass on the premeditation based on the fact that he carries a weapon as part of his job...even though I believe he had every intention of popping somebody that night.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
That's a pretty broad assupmtion, Sydal. Usually I agree with you, but NO ONE but the cop himself knows what he 'planned on doing' last night. As stated before, I do not think that he left his house for his shift that night thinkin 'Im gonna shoot me a colored'.

I have been loathe to put this out there, but I know Johannes' family. His dad sails with my dad. I have never met Johannes though. I do not that they are a really nice family, strong values, no outward racist intentions. My dad's friend was actually the person who put up the money for his bail.

This situation has affected many lives, many families, and while I FIRMLY believe that he was wrong, and he should be held acountable for his actions, I laugh at premeditated.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Not once did he tell any of his fellow officers that he meant to reach for his taser...he said he thought Oscar was reaching for a gun...that's been stated over and over again. With that said, it's easy to believe that he did what he intended to do. He said he couldn't gain control of the arm that the other cop already clearly had control of. The entire defense is a fuckin' lie...plain and simple. And if it's a lie, that means they are trying to hide something by buttering it up.

I know plenty of nice families with strong values that raised kids who grew up to do some outrageous, fucked up shit. Good Family is not a defense. In fact, it is often people with good backgrounds that do dumb shit because they think they can get away with it.

I feel for his family, I really do...I feel for both families. But I can't feel for him. If it was an average joe that carried a gun to protect himself, he would get 1st degree murder almost every time REGARDLESS of intention. Because this dude is a cop, he doesn't have to worry about that charge. That, to me, is wrong.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think the fact that Oscar Grant was handcuffed on the ground should be enough to give him 2nd degree... but who knows if he'll actually get it

if Oscar Grant had been up and moving around, I think they'd easily be able to use the argument he accidentally grabbed his gun instead of his taser... the problem with that argument in this case, is why the fuck did you need to tase him anyways??

I haven't been paying a lot of attention to this case since it first happened... what does this jury look like? ummm, ethnically? not saying that's gonna make or break the outcome, but just curious

Nov 24, 2003
As stated before, I do not think that he left his house for his shift that night thinkin 'Im gonna shoot me a colored'.

You and I don't think that, but we can't know that.

That is the purpose of having juries; to debate if it's possible he left his house thinking that very thought.

Is that highly unlikely - sure.
is that impossible - no.

The judge should have allowed the jury the freedom to at the very least pursue that admittedly unlikely scenario,