Did Fabolous ruin the e40 - automatic song?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ur opion

• Yes...he is eastcoast and dosent belong in that song

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • No....he was straight gangsta like 40 and fit well in that

Votes: 25 55.6%

• Total voters
S

senatorOFdaYAE

Cantankerous said:
"F-A-Beezy F-A-Sheezy, bustas hate me cuz I effed they breezy"

That's how it goes.../\

thanks for correcting me...but bustas is not on the album version..and your right hate me not getting mad at me same thing tho...

Jun 6, 2002
Pimperoni said:
. . . i'm open to new shit, but the labels on here talk way too much shit about "check this site for our new cd it's so heated"

everytime that shit blows . . .

Also tight in that video is how Fabo scenes cut back n forth from him wearing A's gear & Giants gear, too cold.

He may be a scrawny kid who mouth is more gangster than his heart, I don't know him but that's the impression I get from him. But it's not about that it's about does he have skills and the answer is yes, he does and my opinion is he didn't ruin that song, he really set the tone for that song and actually made it better.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I think its coo how fabolous gave it up for the Bay. He showed a lot of respect for our slang and style. The same cant be said for Camron, Puffy and everyone else that has bitten our slang and style.

Jun 6, 2002
playa RY said:
I think its coo how fabolous gave it up for the Bay. He showed a lot of respect for our slang and style. The same cant be said for Camron, Puffy and everyone else that has bitten our slang and style.

Man I happened to catch a little bit of Snoop new video (for brothaman soundtrack):

Snoop says in his rap "...but IT'S NOTHING TO A BOSS...."

^then I turned my tv off after I heard that

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.sinacal.com
Yall need to listen to 40's verses closely... he lyrics and delivery is real dope... That verse where he ends it with "Magazine street hustler man" was tuff...

Im feeling the song... E-40 ripped it... Fab gave it a nice feel but didnt outshine E-40...

May 9, 2002
FAB IS WEAK HE COULDNT FUCK WIT 40 ON HIS BEST DAY HE RAMBLES HIS LYRICS LIKE A FUCKIN RETARD I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY 40 WANTED TO FUCK WIT HIM THE SONG WOULD OF BEEN 10 TIMES HARDER IF IT WAS ONLY 40 ON THERE

Sneak

Sicc OG
May 11, 2002
DID HE RUIN THE TRACK? HELLA NAW IF ANYTHING HE GOT IT MORE EXPOSURE THAN E-40 COULD EVER DO, THE VID IS ON BET AND SHIT. FAB DONE SHOWN THE MAINSTREAM WHO E-40 IS.

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.sinacal.com
Sneak said:
DID HE RUIN THE TRACK? HELLA NAW IF ANYTHING HE GOT IT MORE EXPOSURE THAN E-40 COULD EVER DO, THE VID IS ON BET AND SHIT. FAB DONE SHOWN THE MAINSTREAM WHO E-40 IS.
E-40's been getting airplay on BET for years... before Fab was even in the Rap Game... Fab didnt introduce E-40...

If Fab's feature gets E-40 on MTV daily then he introduced E-40 to the mainstream... till then he hasnt done anything...

Apr 25, 2002
Re: Re: in all honesty..........

Pimperoni said:
if you wanna say that "e-40 didn't come with it on this song" why don't you yourself as an artist go back in the booth and try to come up with something 1/2 as good
This mentality is some of the stupidest shit I keep seeing on here. You don't have to be an E-40 to critique E-40. You don't even have to be a rapper. It's not about whether or not somebody can do it better, it's whether or not people felt like E-40 did or didn't do it. It's not a matter of 'Can EDJ do it better?', it's a matter of 'did 40 do it good enough to make me put some money down?'... Get that straight. Anybody who listens to music has the right to be judgemental about what they are hearing, regardless if they do music themselves. And when you make your music available to the public, you leave yourself to be judged....even by people who don't do what you do.

You must think that every sports announcer who has never played sports has no right to be doing that job either right?

Sneak

Sicc OG
May 11, 2002
94401 said:

E-40's been getting airplay on BET for years... before Fab was even in the Rap Game... Fab didnt introduce E-40...

If Fab's feature gets E-40 on MTV daily then he introduced E-40 to the mainstream... till then he hasnt done anything...

Ive never seen a e-40 video on BET except for when they play old school or flashback type of things. Ive seen the Automatic video almost everyday on the bassment and rap city. Also it was on 106th and park thats straight main stream and it gotta be more play than 40's ever had.

Apr 25, 2002
I thought 40 came tighter than a lot of the shit he's done lately, but Fabolous came tighter... Even with the stupid lines (did he really just say "I stay focused while feedin so I don't choke while I'm eatin?!?!) he killed it with "I get money on the grind, so if you your mind on my money, I'll put some money on your mind..."

"Slow down my spits so you squares can understand it..." I wish he'd do that more often I think he sounds a lot better that way...

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
I'm not a fan of Fab's, but I wouldn't say he ruined the track. He actually pulled some sick lines off. I also think 40 came through with some vicious shit. Listen to that first verse from Water again.

My favorite piece from Fab on the track: "...I'm gettin' ticked off again/ Y'all must like ridin' in long black Caddies that they stick coffins in..."

Gone,
Doxx

Apr 25, 2002
I've only seen the video once and that was on 106 & Park. I happened to be talking to someone who was watching it and told me it came on.

I downloaded a vcd of it from the internet though. Watched it a few times. It's decent. Like I said, I like it but 40 could have done a lot better in my opinion.