Davina in the studio with Philthy Rich, Cellski & Dem Hoodstarz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
I don't think radiostationrep is hating on her...

what he's trying to say that she has the talent to blow up and make it outside of the bay area....

I kinda agree with him in a way though, once she decides to expand her career as a musician, I'm sure she can further up her singing skills..

Jan 12, 2006

what he's trying to say that she has the talent to blow up and make it outside of the bay area....

I kinda agree with him in a way though, once she decides to expand her career as a musician, I'm sure she can further up her singing skills..
you can say the same thing for most of the artist is the bay area though. Nothing new just hate coming out of that cats mouth. Every artist i know caters to a specific audience. A specific audience that is growing by the day.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
RSR aint hating nor is he trolling, nor does he oppose northern music, he just sees the potential in Davina and he feels she is not utilizing it like she said. Sometimes you guys gotta think outside the box, and just because a person has a difference of opinion doesnt make them a hater. #thanku.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Hate? Please explain to me where there is hate in this thread, or atleast where I hated on Davina?

More like dissapointment in her progress, no hate.
I was just kidding bro I know its just all a matter of opinion and I agree with you to a point. Im just glad shes working with more artists outside the Homeboy rap genre. the rappers shes been rappin with lately have a big following and she can tap into their fan base so I think its a good move but hey thats just my opinion

Dec 2, 2006

Thank you.
RSR aint hating nor is he trolling, nor does he oppose northern music, he just sees the potential in Davina and he feels she is not utilizing it like she said. Sometimes you guys gotta think outside the box, and just because a person has a difference of opinion doesnt make them a hater. #thanku.
Thank you.
I was just kidding bro I know its just all a matter of opinion and I agree with you to a point. Im just glad shes working with more artists outside the Homeboy rap genre. the rappers shes been rappin with lately have a big following and she can tap into their fan base so I think its a good move but hey thats just my opinion
How can I tell though Reck? It is good, no worries. The last thing I am doing is hating on Davina.

With that said, get out your notebook, I am going to lace your boots one
time.

To clarify my point like some pointed out already, I feel Davina is capable of so much more as a female vocalist/artist. The latin market is there for her. I am talking nationwide, not just Northern California and the Bay Area. With that being said, some of the artists she is now working with are Bay Area household names, no doubt or question there. My point is that she is bigger than that overall. No knock to those artists, but outside of the Bay, are any pushing units? Are having these artists going to appeal to the little hoodrats of the Bay Area that support her, and make more go out and buy her album? Maybe a couple. Are many guys, minus reck of course, going out and buying a Davina album? Maybe some, but not many, regardless of her features. It is just the way it is. The majority of her sales are latina/whatina females.

If it was me, and I am just saying, I would go get a Baby Bash feature off top. A Frankie J maybe, Pitbull etc., depending on what the budget allows of course. You know the type of cats the hoodrats in her target market go to bed playing with themselves thinking about. Some latin artists, but not over do it with the features. That is just the music. You get the picture....

I wouldn't be content with a few hundred sales, and nickel and diming the rest either. If music is what you do, why not give yourself the best opportunity to shine? It starts with your mind. You define the music, it does not define you....

The term hater is just another way for some to wave the white flag and give no explanation to their opinion. I may have been a hater at one time in my life, but have absolutely nothing to be mad about now. Fuck a "hater...."lol

Dec 13, 2006
so basically yall saying she shouldnt be networking with philthy and hoodstars she should just stick to making songs with latinos only thats hella dumb

Dec 2, 2006
so basically yall saying she shouldnt be networking with philthy and hoodstars she should just stick to making songs with latinos only thats hella dumb
I am not saying who she should or shouldn't be networking with. I am saying if she wants to push more records, she should stick with her target market/people and expand on that.