Conan is out, won't do show following Leno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 7, 2003
yeah conan is way better then anyone on the late night circuit. its faulty they did him dirty. jay leno signed that contract 6 years ago to give the show to conan, he should of never signed that shit. also nbc was wrong to let leno go when he was in his prime. leno could still do what he did for another 3 years then have conan move up. conan already had his niche at that time slot and his crowd.

sucks now he gone i guess im following conan around where ever he goes.

and daily show and colbert suck donkey dick

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
yeah conan is way better then anyone on the late night circuit. its faulty they did him dirty. jay leno signed that contract 6 years ago to give the show to conan, he should of never signed that shit. also nbc was wrong to let leno go when he was in his prime. leno could still do what he did for another 3 years then have conan move up. conan already had his niche at that time slot and his crowd.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
H lashed his NBC bosses night after night. Then he put his show up for sale on Craigslist. Now Conan O’Brien has reportedly been given leave to take his late-night act elsewhere, along with a bulging cherub.

After an acrimonious week-long slanging match following NBC’s decision to bump O’Brien’s Tonight Show back a half-hour to make room for struggling colleague Jay Leno, a détente has been reached, the Daily Beast reported.

NBC executives have been convinced that O’Brien cannot be convinced to stay (and, apparently, they genuinely did want him to). And they’ve also been talked out of the revenge tactic of paying O’Brien out but forcing him to sit on the TV sidelines for the next three years.

Now they’ll give him a large-is payout (amount to be determined) and allow him to move his show to another broadcaster. Reports continue to surface linking O’Brien with Fox, the network graveyard for late night (see Chase, Chevy; and Hall, Arsenic).

O’Brien’s latest stunt was posting ad on L.A. Craigslist hawking his “barely-used late night talk show.”

“This is a chance of a lifetime to own your very own late night talk show,” the ad boasted. “Guaranteed to last for up to seven months!!”

The ad has been up intermittently. Craigslist keeps pulling it down. Team Conan keeps putting it back up.

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...51158--conan-puts-show-for-sale-on-craigslist

May 2, 2002
This guys getting 30 million from NBC for doing NOTHING and you guys are feeling sorry for this fucking faggot? fuck conan and fuck jay leno. all that shits corny as fuck.

30 mil for doing nothing. aint that some shit

May 2, 2002

May 9, 2002
This guys getting 30 million from NBC for doing NOTHING and you guys are feeling sorry for this fucking faggot? fuck conan and fuck jay leno. all that shits corny as fuck.

30 mil for doing nothing. aint that some shit
I feel sorry that he got dicked around, just like i would anyone. Im happy that he is getting paid that much for doing nothing. Cant hate that, can you?

May 2, 2002
Not hating that.. I just cant feel sorry for people who have that much money.

I find myself doing that with professional athletes who screw up games.. always forgetting that they're driving home in their bently to their mansion.

Sep 29, 2003
I believe it's for real, although the ratings have seen a surge since this came to light. I think it was somethin that was pitched to Conan 'hush hush' and he turned it into a public fiasco for NBC, all the power to him. Fuck NBC and fuck jay leno...

Sep 29, 2003
Looks like a resolution is in place....what a fuckin fiasco. NBC did Conan dirty, and Leno is a fuckin snake. Why cant the dude just step aside and let Conan take the reigns? It seems like their relationship was phony.....

The late-night nightmare is almost over. Conan O’Brien is leaving NBC and receiving a payout—and he’ll be free to appear on another network before his contract expires, Kim Masters reports.

The NBC-Leno-Conan war is close to ending, according to a knowledgeable source. According to the outlines of a settlement, Conan O'Brien will leave NBC and the network will make an as-yet unspecified payment. The comedian will be free to appear elsewhere on television well before his contract expires, despite earlier threats from NBC that it would prevent him from working anywhere else.

There is still opportunity for the negotiation to fall apart, but clearly, at this point it is in NBC's interest to put an end to this dismal episode.

It seems that Ron Meyer, the affable chief of the Universal film studio, played a key role in bringing the parties together when they were at an impasse and talks had broken down. Meyer is a former agent whose industry relationships run deep and wide. And of course, he has lots of negotiating experience.

According to the source, the resolution to the epic and highly public battle came down primarily to the size of the check that NBC would write to O'Brien. That amount remains shrouded in mystery for now, and no doubt the parties will have to agree to confidentiality as part of the deal.

According to a knowledgeable insider, NBC Universal started out sincerely hoping that it would be able to keep O'Brien on NBC in a 12:05 a.m. slot behind Leno, who is to be reinstated at 11:35 p.m. Part of the resolution was getting executives there to understand that the plan simply was unrealistic.

At that point, with late-night comics across the television landscape piling on night after night—and with Leno being increasingly vilified and undoubtedly chafing at the public lashing he was getting—it was obvious that the situation had to be resolved.

It remains unclear where O'Brien might go next. The most obvious place is Fox, but top executives at the company have been scrupulous about avoiding any appearance that they tried to lure O'Brien there while his relationship with NBC remained unresolved. Should Fox go forward with a late-night show with O'Brien now, it will take months before he would be ready to go on the air.

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...nans-exit-confirmed/?cid=sexybeast:mainpromo1

UPDATE: The Wrap reports that NBC will pay Conan $30 million to in a deal that could be announced "as early as Friday." Conan's agent Leslee Dart denies that figure.

The Daily Beast's Kim Masters reports that Conan O'Brien will exit NBC with a large payout and no noncompete clause in a deal negotiated by Universal President Ron Meyer:

According to the outlines of a settlement, Conan O'Brien will leave NBC and the network will make an as-yet unspecified payment. The comedian will be free to appear elsewhere on television well before his contract expires, despite earlier threats from NBC that it would prevent him from working anywhere else.
Masters' report follows Nikki Finke's report Thursday afternoon that Meyer had been negotiating a deal with Team Conan for days:

Universal Studios President/COO Ron Meyer was secretly drafted during this NBC late night crisis to negotiate a settlement between the network and Team Conan after O'Brien and his reps were threatened by NBC Universal chief Jeff Zucker (see below). "Ron is a former agent, one of the biggest in Hollywood. He could get this done, so NBC used him," a source just told me. "No one would talk to each other, and they talked to Ron. He got everybody to talk to everybody." The deal as sketched puts Jay Leno back hosting The Tonight Show, and Conan O'Brien exiting with a lot of money. But there are still some terms to be worked out -- which is why there hasn't been any announcement yet. But I'm warned that "anything can happen" now that Meyer did his duty, and NBC is back in charge. I can tell you there are definitely people around NBC Universal boss Jeff Zucker who want to keep Conan in place at The Tonight Show. "But Zucker is digging in his heels because of the bad press. He's being stubborn," a Team Conan insider just told me.
Previously, Zucker had reportedly threatened to enforce O'Brien's contract and keep him off the air for 3.5 years until his contract ran out.

People.com reported Thursday that Conan would likely not host any new "Tonight Show" episodes after January 22.

TMZ reported Thursday that Leno and NBC had struck a deal for him to return as host of the "Tonight Show."

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/01/15/conan-obrien-leaving-nbc_n_424508.html

anyone else?