Conan is out, won't do show following Leno

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
No, but they did promise him the show 5 years ago and are now ripping the rug right out from under him. That is NBC's bad 100%. They KNEW what they were getting.
THE WAY NBC HANDLED IT HAS BEEN REAL BAD, BUT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS DUDE, THAT SHIT IS AMAZES ME, THIS FOOL IS WALKING AWAY WITH OVER $20 MILLION TO DO A PRETTY SHITTY JOB.

May 9, 2002
THE WAY NBC HANDLED IT HAS BEEN REAL BAD, BUT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE THAT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS DUDE, THAT SHIT IS AMAZES ME, THIS FOOL IS WALKING AWAY WITH OVER $20 MILLION TO DO A PRETTY SHITTY JOB.
I feel "sorry" for him becuase he is doing what he LOVES to do, and NBC is shitting on him for that. Conan has worked his ASS off to get this gig, that NBC GAVE him, and now they are YANKING his dream away.

Life is more than money. Conan is lucky that he gets paid a lot of money , to do what he LOVES to do. How many people can SAY that? A very small percentage.

I feel "sorry" for him becuase he is doing what he LOVES to do, and NBC is shitting on him for that. Conan has worked his ASS off to get this gig, that NBC GAVE him, and now they are YANKING his dream away.

Life is more than money. Conan is lucky that he gets paid a lot of money , to do what he LOVES to do. How many people can SAY that? A very small percentage.
IM SORRY BUT BOO HOO FOR CONAN, SO HE CANT DO HIS "LIFES DREAM". I AM SURE THE $30 MIL WILL HELP DRY HIS TEARS.

Thats great, but its irrelevant to the point that most people in this thread are making.
THE POINT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE A FEW MINUTES AGO WAS ABOUT HOW IT WAS THIS MANS LIFES DREAM TO HOST THE SHOW BLAH BLAH BLAH. I DONT KNOW WHAT LINE OF WORK YOUR IN, BUT IN MOST LINES OF WORK IF YOU DONT PRODUCE, YOU ARE SHOWN THE DOOR, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR FUCKIN LIFE DREAM IS. IN THIS CASE, THIS JERKOFF WALKS OFF WITH $33 MIL (JUST VERIFIED IT) FOR DOING A SHITTY JOB. MOST ORDINARY PEOPLE WHO DO A SHITTY JOB ARE GIVEN A WEEK OR TWO OF SEVERANCE MAX.

May 9, 2002
THE POINT THAT YOU WERE TRYING TO MAKE A FEW MINUTES AGO WAS ABOUT HOW IT WAS THIS MANS LIFES DREAM TO HOST THE SHOW BLAH BLAH BLAH. I DONT KNOW WHAT LINE OF WORK YOUR IN, BUT IN MOST LINES OF WORK IF YOU DONT PRODUCE, YOU ARE SHOWN THE DOOR, REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR FUCKIN LIFE DREAM IS. IN THIS CASE, THIS JERKOFF WALKS OFF WITH $33 MIL (JUST VERIFIED IT) FOR DOING A SHITTY JOB. MOST ORDINARY PEOPLE WHO DO A SHITTY JOB ARE GIVEN A WEEK OR TWO OF SEVERANCE MAX.
The point of the ENTIRE thread was that NBC FUCKED Conan out of a job THEY promised him. They KNEW who Conan was and his brand of comedy, yet they MADE the decision to put him in that position. And that is Conan's fault? How? Please explain that to me. Maybe NBC needs to fire their scouting department or maybe they should have hired different writers. Again, that's THEIR fault.

Bottom line, NBC screwed him over. Period. The end. Why this is even being debated is just baffling.

The point of the ENTIRE thread was that NBC FUCKED Conan out of a job THEY promised him. They KNEW who Conan was and his brand of comedy, yet they MADE the decision to put him in that position. And that is Conan's fault? How? Please explain that to me. Maybe NBC needs to fire their scouting department or maybe they should have hired different writers. Again, that's THEIR fault.

Bottom line, NBC screwed him over. Period. The end. Why this is even being debated is just baffling.
NETWORKS PUT SHOWS ON TV ALL THE TIME WITH PROVEN STARS, THAT DONT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL. CONAN SUCKED ASS IN RATINGS SO HE GOT THAT AX, WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? DO YOU GOT SOME SORTA EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO THIS DUDE? THE CONSTANT POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE IS CONAN GOT SCREWED, IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO SCREW HIM THEY WOULD KICK HIM OUT ON HIS ASS BECAUSE HE BROKE HIS CONTRACT AND NOT GIVE HIM A PENNY.

May 9, 2002
NETWORKS PUT SHOWS ON TV ALL THE TIME WITH PROVEN STARS, THAT DONT MEAN THEY ARE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL.
THen doesnt that FALL on the shoulders of the network? Again, they KNEW what they were getting into.

CONAN SUCKED ASS IN RATINGS SO HE GOT THAT AX, WHY IS THAT SO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?
Hyperbole aside, who ISNT understanding "that"? "That" is not in question here..how is THAT hard for YOU to understand?

DO YOU GOT SOME SORTA EMOTIONAL CONNECTION TO THIS DUDE?
No, but you have some sort of disconnect of reality. All you have done in this thread is argue for the sake of arguing. You keep trying to point out something that is NOT there, and adding your own quibbles to prolong the debate. Why? Do you NEED to be right about something that is neither HERE nor THERE?

THE CONSTANT POINT YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE IS CONAN GOT SCREWED
Who let Captain Obvious in the room?

IF THEY REALLY WANTED TO SCREW HIM THEY WOULD KICK HIM OUT ON HIS ASS BECAUSE HE BROKE HIS CONTRACT AND NOT GIVE HIM A PENNY.
How did HE break his contract? If that were the case, being as NBC probably has some of the best lawyers in the WORLD, dont you think that would have DONE that by now? YOu nor I KNOW what his contract states, so cut the crap.

Point of this thread: NBC screwed Conan. All other points, especially the ones you keep bringing forth, are MOOT and IRRELEVANT.

But, I am sure you will find something to argue, so by all means, make me a crystal ball reader....

THen doesnt that FALL on the shoulders of the network? Again, they KNEW what they were getting into.

Hyperbole aside, who ISNT understanding "that"? "That" is not in question here..how is THAT hard for YOU to understand?

No, but you have some sort of disconnect of reality. All you have done in this thread is argue for the sake of arguing. You keep trying to point out something that is NOT there, and adding your own quibbles to prolong the debate. Why? Do you NEED to be right about something that is neither HERE nor THERE?

Who let Captain Obvious in the room?

How did HE break his contract? If that were the case, being as NBC probably has some of the best lawyers in the WORLD, dont you think that would have DONE that by now? YOu nor I KNOW what his contract states, so cut the crap.

Point of this thread: NBC screwed Conan. All other points, especially the ones you keep bringing forth, are MOOT and IRRELEVANT.

But, I am sure you will find something to argue, so by all means, make me a crystal ball reader....
FROM WHAT SOURCES INDICATE, THE CONTRACT STATES THAT HE COULD BE MOVED BACK 30 MINUTES BY THE NETWORK WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL. ANY IMBECILE (YOU) WHO SITS HERE AND CRIES HIS EYES OUT OVER AN OVERRATED COMEDIAN/TALK SHOW HOST WHO UNDERPERFORMED IN RATINGS, AND THEN WAS COMPENSATED WITH $33 MILLION IS OUT OF THEIR MIND. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IF NBC WANTED TO SCREW HIM THEY WOULD OF SHOWN HIM THE DOOR AND NOT GIVEN HIM A PENNY. I AM SURE SOMEBODY IN THE NBC OFFICES WILL BE SHITCANNED FOR THE IDEA OF PUTTING THIS GUY AT 11:35.

May 9, 2002
And right on queue...

FROM WHAT SOURCES INDICATE
What "sources"?

THE CONTRACT STATES THAT HE COULD BE MOVED BACK 30 MINUTES BY THE NETWORK WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL.
Then why didnt they?

ANY IMBECILE (YOU) WHO SITS HERE AND CRIES HIS EYES OUT OVER AN OVERRATED COMEDIAN/TALK SHOW HOST WHO UNDERPERFORMED IN RATINGS, AND THEN WAS COMPENSATED WITH $33 MILLION IS OUT OF THEIR MIND.
Mmmmm....ad hominem...its yummy, isnt it?

And he obviously wasnt overrated enough to be offered THE TONIGHT SHOW, right? At least that is what NBC thought. So go after them, not those who watch the show.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, IF NBC WANTED TO SCREW HIM THEY WOULD OF SHOWN HIM THE DOOR AND NOT GIVEN HIM A PENNY.
So why didnt they?

[quiote]I AM SURE SOMEBODY IN THE NBC OFFICES WILL BE SHITCANNED FOR THE IDEA OF PUTTING THIS GUY AT 11:35.[/QUOTE]

YOu mean Jeff Zucker, the CEO of NBC? I think he will fine...

May 9, 2002
AS FOR WHY DIDNT THEY MOVE HIM BACK, THEY ASKED HIM TO, HE REFUSED
Yet, you posted this not but a few posts up:

THE CONTRACT STATES THAT HE COULD BE MOVED BACK 30 MINUTES BY THE NETWORK WITHOUT HIS APPROVAL.
Did you NOT write that? If so, way to contradict yourself.

FYI, Letterman and Leno both have "time-slot" protection in their contracts, something Conan most likely has.

YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT CORPORATE AMERICA IF YOU THINK THE CEO WILL TAKE THE HIT FOR THIS. THERE WILL BE SOME OTHER FALL GUY, WHO LEAVES WITH A GOLDEN PARACHUTE MUCH LIKE CONAN DID.
Maybe, maybe not. You nor I know WHAT will happen.