commercial vs. gangsta/other

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
Cool Nutz said:

Good music is good music, and that is all that matters.

B]

real shit...i listen to at least 3 maybe 4 styles of music, not to mention there different sub genre's... I like dope music that ranges from SADE, KUMBIA KINGS, JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE, EMINEM, ORIGINAL GETO BOYZ & NWA, CREED, 2 PAC, to a classic IMP or CLICK album, to a KORY D BLUNT SESSION or COOL NUTZ HARSH GAME to a E-DAWG DROP TOP, to the classic album like SWASS.

If its dope, its dope...if it aint it just aint... ]

ICE T POWER was a classic...so was KID N PLAY 2 HYPE

4T7

Sicc OG
Jul 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
Bullet said:
JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
Damnnnn Homie!..lol..I though this was the siccness?

I cant stand mainstream now a days it was better back in the day in my opinion, I mean some beats are heated but...it's more about a lifestyle wit gangsta lyriks...I know gangsta shit will never die off...the mainstream will just change through out time, I think there will be another gangsta generation soon kuz there's alota talent popin' up in the youth all over.

gangsta shit fell off kuz it's to MUCH for t.v. that's why mtv can't even fuck wit it,,

Oct 8, 2002
www.eastsideriderz.com
i don't dig justin timberlake cuz he a preety boy, i dig it cuz the production is dope, and dued can sing...at the end of the day his album is solid. the new joint with blackalicious is preety hot as well. its good to see people who are really on top selling big records switch up and make a record that has some real life that everyone can feel. people like britney spears don't get no love cuz she aint saying shit, at least timberlake made his hot commercial records and then made a song that meant something. either way it cant be denied dued can sing, and his production is solid. Every person i named above are people who i think made hot records... and in almost every case a lot of people agree...gangsta shit is coming back to the forefront, 50 cent is the one that got it going again and brought it back to radio. the funny thing is that i aint feeling his record really at all. Eminem is rapping circles around him which in my thoughts takes away from credibility everybody thinks he has. obie trice to me has a far better record than 50 but that is just my thought on the subject.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Bullet said:
i don't dig justin timberlake cuz he a preety boy, i dig it cuz the production is dope, and dued can sing...at the end of the day his album is solid. the new joint with blackalicious is preety hot as well. its good to see people who are really on top selling big records switch up and make a record that has some real life that everyone can feel. people like britney spears don't get no love cuz she aint saying shit, at least timberlake made his hot commercial records and then made a song that meant something. either way it cant be denied dued can sing, and his production is solid. Every person i named above are people who i think made hot records... and in almost every case a lot of people agree...gangsta shit is coming back to the forefront, 50 cent is the one that got it going again and brought it back to radio. the funny thing is that i aint feeling his record really at all. Eminem is rapping circles around him which in my thoughts takes away from credibility everybody thinks he has. obie trice to me has a far better record than 50 but that is just my thought on the subject.
but can you believe Reebok made a deal with a psycho?

Feb 17, 2003
Music is just music to me.... There are some artists thats labled as gangsta rappers that dont allways make "gangtsta rap" like "Gangsta nutt" then theres artist like wycleff and shit that be tryin to come hella hard sometimes but nobody says hes a gangsta rapper. I think that theses two genres of music are just kind of hard to establish as seprate things. But In the end of shit rap music is different than regge or classical music so genres are still importain for catigorizing music. Whatever floats ya boat type shit. _Nutty_

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
LOL....He said Justin Timberlake.....Oh wow....To each his own, Bullet, I respect your opinion, but that's a little outlandish bro! lol :)

May 4, 2002
Its funny how the hip hop world hated Justin Timberfake when he was with Nsuck but now that he switched his style to a wanna be hip hop singer, everybody jumped on his dick like Brittany Spears

Commercial or Gangsta, me I personally prefer Hip Hop,

But Commercial music is whats gonna put Seattle on the rap/Hip hop map

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I don't think that all of the "hip-hop" world likes Justin Timberlake....Cause dude is a fuckin clown...He's just another gimmik that the industry put forth....But that's just my opinion....

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
If i see one more person say "the mainstream sucks now, it used to be good", i swear, i am gonna fly off the handle and stab somebody with a spatula.

Think about your high school when you were in it......now, think about how your high school is now....its a whole lot shittier to you, isn't it? ...Think about it.

Run DMC, im sorry...but when i look back objectively, these cats were ass on the mic, and didn't really rap about nothin...nowhere NEAR what other underground cats were rapping about back then. Yet, people are dick riders...so they'll never admit that the mainstream, if anything, was WACK back then too...

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
^^That's cause "commercial" is what is "cool" to the mainstream. That doesn't mean it's "good." And I'm not saying that the commercial style artists in the NW aren't tight, I'm just sayin that the only reason it's gonna be a commercial artist is cause that's what people are comfortable with....

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Everyone can make all the commercial tracks they want for their album....it wont even matter if you cant get love in your own backyard...and the only thing you gonna get from copying 50 cent, ja rule, Eminem is people saying you're a carbon copy instead of real

I've still got my money on a MOVEMENT making it happen. Someone taking that All-Star team idea, and finding a whole group of investors to make it happen.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
^^^^i think 151 should be involved with the beginning of the movement. i think he has what it takes and hes associated with WCM which is a bigger connect than most of the rappers in the NW.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
151 is pretty filthy....if there ever was an "all star team" he would definately have to be on it....

Dec 18, 2002
tadou said:
Fuck that, good music is good music BECAUSE it can be defined. Its just like if you was datin some bomb ass chick...you wouldn't just describe how she's nice, and has a great personality.....you'd mention the race, hair color, skin color, height, build--all that shit.

All this rhetoric, sayin it just to be sayin it and because you think its what everyone else wants to hear....is cool and all...but it aint gonna get shit accomplished.
EXACTLY

certain artists are considered legends for a reason, because theyre music is ART and people saw it for the art of spittin it was and RECOGNIZED somethin, a song aint good if its LISTENABLE its good if its FEEL-ABLE, can you get something from the song, what is makin this rapper lay down words like this.

When season of the SICC came out, no lynch wasnt a cannibal but his words on death struck a cord in our minds because most ppl have an inclination to be interested in death, so when he started rappin about nuts and guts and dead bodies, i know for a FACT that everyone feelin his shit PICTURED IN THEIR HEAD dead bodies and guts and shit and it made the cd A FUCKING CLASSICC!

Listenable track - COMMERCIAL, THROW AWAY, WONT MATTER IN A YEAR

Artistic track - LEGENDARY, PART OF A TIGHT ASS ALBUM, PEOPLE WILL BUMP IT FOR HELLA AND PROBLY ACTUALLY BUY THE ALBUM

Apr 14, 2003
yo... any of yall cats look at the siccness, and not just the boards???
i listened to that interview wit ice cube and the thing he was talkin about was somebody changing tha game. come wit somethin different. thats what has to be done, but i think it also has to be commercial and its gotta get radio play everywhere. is everyones ultimate goal to stay underground?
i dont think so.

think about it

Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Its my personal goal to make the underground 'commercial' and put as much of the mainstream as i can out of business.

If Lil Flip sold over 100k copies of Leprechaun WITHOUT a major deal...why SHOULDN't someone be able to eventually hit 200 or 300 or even 500k?

Apr 14, 2003
yeah for sure.. man u see Lil Flip... he still aint mainstream and all that shit man but look at his style.. i dont know if leprechaun was the same as Undaground Legend but it was all ballin and clothes and hoez and homies and shit,