CM PUNKS RANT ON RAW TONIGHT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 3, 2006
I thought it was average at first but then the double raw taping and the outcome pretty much ruined the impact of the worked shoot imo. Coulda been handled way better. Just my two cents.
Sounds fair, I definitely did not like how they had to shoot this promor at a double raw taping also ...other than that the promo was the shit IMO

May 24, 2002
lol JBL said it best "CM Punk's promo-shoot or work? Who cares? When you are so good that you can put that doubt in viewers minds you have done your job very well"

I don't see how it was so "Overrated" Which other promo has been out in the WWE in this last decade that talked shit on everything that fans has been wanting to say to Vince themselves? Cena kiss ass, check, Hogan kiss ass, check, Dwayne being able to main event a WM without having to show up every wek, check, Johnny Ace being a Yes man to Vince, check, ..the list goes on and on...it was great
^this

Feb 10, 2006
i think this shoot is real for two reasons: he wants to make the contract work with wwe and stone cold steve austin. i remember a while back in an interview stone cold said he doesn't watch wwe no more and the best stuff was from the attitude era. i think he did the shoot with stone cold in mind because in that interview stone cold said that wwe needs to let the wrestlers develope their own character and they don't do that no more. vince is saying fuck it and might bring back the attitude era but differently. and if anything taking down his page hurts there website and he has no choice but to wrestle cena cuz he is still under contract. i think he was supposed to win but gave it away during the shoot. but he is still willing to sign back that's why he kept promo'ing himself as the best at everything

May 6, 2009
wrestlezone.com
Kurt Angle posted the following on his official Twitter account (@anglefoods1):

"CM Punk had classic promo last night. Good for Him. But if U ever say another word about Me again, Ur toast! If U don't believe Me, try Me!"

For those emailing this in - no, I do not know what Angle is talking about. I never heard Punk mention Angle at all.

WTF??? What is Angle talking about?

May 24, 2002
In bold is what I felt was going on

NoDQ.com > WWE > Backstage News on CM Punk's Promo, Contract & More
Posted by Amish Patel on 06/28/2011 at 06:21 PM

- Sources report that CM Punk’s entire promo at the end of RAW this week was improvised by Punk and not scripted. Nobody in the back knew what Punk was going to say until he said it live on RAW.

WWE officials told Punk to go out and say in his own words why he was leaving the company, why he wanted the WWE Title and why he wanted to leave with it in his possession. There was a discussion that when officials felt Punk was going too far, they would pull the plug on the segment and cut his mic.

It’s said that Punk was upset months ago when Triple H came back to feud with The Undertaker and while some of his comments on RAW towards Vince McMahon were well thought out to appear not as a shoot to the average viewer, most believe that Punk’s comments towards Triple H and John Laurinaitis were strictly a shoot.

Word also is that Punk had some notes for his speech jotted down on his wrist tape.

As far as his contract status, Punk’s deal apparently expires the second week of July but he signed an extension to work through Money in the Bank. Still with last night’s new storyline development, sources maintain that Punk is leaving at Money in the Bank.

May 6, 2009
wrestlezone.com

I knew it wouldn't be long until my email box was flooded with interpretations of Kurt Angle's tweets about CM Punk. Thanks to everyone who sent in the following "possible" meanings. Please, no more though. I imagine Kurt will explain himself at some point if he feels the need. Either way, enjoy:

Possible Meaning #1: "Kurt Angle was drunk and actually thinks he heard his name mentioned during Punk's promo" (sent in by Rebel222)

Possible Meanting #2: "I think [Kurt] took it personal (maybe he's talking in character on tweeter) that cm punk said he was the best wrestler in the world, angle we all know takes pride in being the best WRESTLER in the world, maybe that's what kurt is talking about, and who knows if he's challenging punk to come to tna when he says "TRY ME", in a possible dream match". (sent in by Carlos)

Possible (and most likely) Meaning #3: "I believe Angle was referring to an incident on twitter that took place a few months ago after he claimed that his twitter account had been hacked. After Angle made that claim, Punk tweeted something along the lines of "...saying your twitter account has been hacked is the 21st century code language for 'I'm a douchebag'"

So I'm pretty sure that comment from Punk is what Angle is reffering to. He was not suggesting that Punk mentioned him last night on RAW." (sent in by Matt and a slew of others)

Feb 10, 2006
but that's what i'm saying, if he did sign an extension til money in the bank then he rally is planning on leaving especially if ROH did get a tv deal. let's say he does go to TNA, the reality is that TNA has made changes to where they can attract more of an audience that if cm punk is to go than they can compete. bottom line is that all that work doesn't just get shutdown to look fake to the loyal viewer.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
but that's what i'm saying, if he did sign an extension til money in the bank then he rally is planning on leaving especially if ROH did get a tv deal. let's say he does go to TNA, the reality is that TNA has made changes to where they can attract more of an audience that if cm punk is to go than they can compete. bottom line is that all that work doesn't just get shutdown to look fake to the loyal viewer.
It would be a step backwards money wise like someone else mentioned if he went to roh or tna. Tna wouldn't know what to do with punk. Roh ain't ready yet. Seems like roh knows how to put good ppvs together, they just need more money behind them.
Be nuts if vinnie mac let him win it and leave with the belt and he does end up on another promotion. That's when id mark out for real lol.

May 6, 2009
I go for meaning number 3 lol
That would be a good match. Angle vs punk.
Yeah, I would just hate to see Punk go to TNA. I used to think it wasn't that bad, but it's gotten unbearable to watch. Like 100 storylines at once and some just stop all of a sudden with no explanation.

I think Punk resigned and the whole thing is just an angle, as far as him leaving. I mean, would Vince really just let him walk? I think Punk got paid and he's gonna stay.

Feb 10, 2006
vince has let some of the best walk away. Hogan being one of them. Once he went NWA wwf(at the time) was getting fucked up the ass. punk hasn't even reached that status at all and now he is the hottest shit in all of wrestling. it's a promo bit that was real

May 24, 2002
It would be a step backwards money wise like someone else mentioned if he went to roh or tna. Tna wouldn't know what to do with punk. Roh ain't ready yet. Seems like roh knows how to put good ppvs together, they just need more money behind them.
Be nuts if vinnie mac let him win it and leave with the belt and he does end up on another promotion. That's when id mark out for real lol.
Like I said before if he goes anywhere it will be New Japan.... assuming they want him.

New Japan is the only one who will pay him well and I dont think punk even wants to go to TNA

Jan 18, 2006
TNA will never be able to compete, anybody that thinks that needs to really get there head out there ass. CM Punk going there would totally ruin his career. I honestly dont think WWE fucked this up at all, it caught everyones attention more then anything else has in years besides maybe the Rocks comeback months ago. Everyone is entitled to there opinion on this, theres nothing bad about saying it wasnt that great or whatever.

Nov 14, 2002
I'm definitely more excited about this angle than the Rock one... Especially because I don't understand why they would announce a main event a year ahead. I think they knew it was stupid then, and they might be working on a way to change/fix it now.

Who knows...

Feb 8, 2003
first off i hate pop corn second i dont sit indian style. and third im not facinated with wrestling like i was as a kid only reason i still watch the bullshit is bc i watch it with my son he luvs it its called being a parent spending time with my kids something you wouldnt know about bastard.

no for the rest of your mumbo jumbo nobody trying to be cool u just a cm punk groupie. i dont gotta impress nobody on this site who the fuk is anybody on here anyway. if u really knew me like some on this site do then you would know im a real azz nigga thats outspoken keeps it real and i speak my mind no matter what. this cm punk promo shit is overrated on the net im not saying he sucked im saying yall giving him more credit then what it deserved he didnt say shit that we dont already know and it was fake promo bc if it was real he wouldve talked about beniot, screwjob, owen, steroids, xfl and left the building etc. that shit was 100 percent work. vince tellz them in these type angles like these to go out there and push buttons but dont over do it i seen him on them behind the scene footage say it. this is nothing different from wat austin, the rock, triple h, hbk, hawk, piper, bret has done

Feb 8, 2003
vince has let some of the best walk away. Hogan being one of them. Once he went NWA wwf(at the time) was getting fucked up the ass. punk hasn't even reached that status at all and now he is the hottest shit in all of wrestling. it's a promo bit that was real
hogan wants to comeback to wwe after this tna shit done. he said in interview that he still wants to do another wrestlemania against stone cold after he done with tna