Chargers release Tomlinson

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
SAN DIEGO (AP)—LaDainian Tomlinson(notes) has been released by the San Diego Chargers, ending a brilliant nine-year run in which he became one of the NFL’s greatest running backs.

The move has been expected since the end of the season. Tomlinson had 730 yards on 223 carries for an average of 3.3 yards per carry, all career lows.

Tomlinson was due a $2 million bonus in early March.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...-chargers-tomlinsonreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns

Dec 30, 2003
SAN DIEGO (AP)—LaDainian Tomlinson(notes) has been released by the San Diego Chargers, ending a brilliant nine-year run in which he became one of the NFL’s greatest running backs.

The move has been expected since the end of the season. Tomlinson had 730 yards on 223 carries for an average of 3.3 yards per carry, all career lows.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...-chargers-tomlinsonreleased&prov=ap&type=lgns
Damn i wonder where he is gonna end up

Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
i think he wants to go to the saints. former chargers qb there. but idk if the saints would make that move.. another place he can go to is minn or nyj, minn jus released taylor and may want LT to mentor AP. and nyj is thinkin about releasin thomas jones and LT behind a jets o-line wuld b dangerous n my opnion.

Oct 23, 2009
So 9 years and he's tossed aside now. You gotta give him credit for helping build that team from mediocre to consistent playoff team. Hate him or like him, he deserves a ring for all the work he's put in. I think NE will pick him up since Maroney always gets hurt.

Sep 29, 2003

that article must have been written by a chargers fan.....LT is a sour puss whiner and never performed for his team when it mattered the most........

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Dubb i have to disagree with you..twice..

LT still has it and i think he has a few good years left. You really havent seen him at full strength, full potential because hey our o-line aint the greatest, and he aint gettin the holes like he used to do.

And that leads to another reason why he has been playing on a mediocre level: his dissatisfaction with the chargers as an organization and with some of the players. he was dead on with his criticism. Should he have kept his comments to himself? Maybe. But the nigga was 100% right! LT can come off like a baby at times, and when he is in a pissy mood he wont play at his full level. Seen that shit many times. However, he will be missed and he was the face of San Diego sports for years. Thanks LT for playin hard brotha!