C. Ronaldo vs Leo Messi

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Thats a hard debate and it could be debated from both sides forever. Let me start by saying I am a huge Messi fan and I hate Ronaldo. Ok, I don't hate him, but his diving, whining, and selfishness with the ball are three reasons among many why I wouldn't want him on my team.

But with that being said, you simply can't overlook what the guy has done in the past two years. CL winners, EPL winners, Carling Cup winners, Club World Cup winners, etc etc. Ronaldo won the golden ball (most presigeous award in europe) among many other personal accolades.

Leo Messi on the other hand, didn't win anything last year. RM won La Liga. Barca was knocked out of CL by Man U. I don't even think Messi scored the most goals in La Liga (but I could be wrong). BUT - to me, a lot of that stuff is besides the point. CR7 fans always say "well Messi didn't win anything" and of course thats true, but neither did countless other STARS. When Messi is on the field, he is the most exciting player to watch no matter who Barca is playing. His dribbling, passing, finishing, are all flawless. When Messi is off the field, Barca's attack looks lost. When Ronaldo is off the field, Man U still looks fine. Messi is ESSENTIAL to a Barca team which many people think is currently the best team in the world.

And to top it off, I have never seen the guy take a blatant dive. He gets fouled more then anyone I have ever seen, and he tries his best to stay on his feet at all times.

Ronaldo is a NOTORIOUS diver. Ronaldo has no loyalty to his club as he showed last summer. Ronaldo is arrogant, cocky, etc. These are all things which give him a huge black eye IMO and while I recognize he is probably the best player in the world ON THE FIELD, I think you have to factor shit like this in when making a decision.

Did I mention Leo Messi is 21 years old????

MESSI = Best in the world

Aug 9, 2006
you gotta give Ronaldo his props because of all the hardware he has this young in his career...hes had an outstanding supporting cast and scored a shit load of goals for a winger...that being said i like messi just cuz...

there is no end to the debate...because C Ronalod is almost like A-Rod or D Jeter....you ethier love him to death or hate em to death....i dont have much of a bias's towards anyone but i just like messi more

Jul 6, 2008
i like messi, just cuz for his size dude dribbling skills are sicc. dude bobs and weaves htru obstacles, and his ball control is insane. he just makes this happen, its almost like magic. i mean even if he doesnt get the goal, it just a joy to watch him on how he gets to the net. plain and simple dude is fun to watch. he's like a miata or small convertabile.

Sep 4, 2002
i like messi, just cuz for his size dude dribbling skills are sicc. dude bobs and weaves htru obstacles, and his ball control is insane. he just makes this happen, its almost like magic. i mean even if he doesnt get the goal, it just a joy to watch him on how he gets to the net. plain and simple dude is fun to watch. he's like a miata or small convertabile.
for his size? he is 5 foot 7

May 19, 2005
messi>ronaldo

not by alot
messi is more consistent,and more of a play maker
ronaldo jus had an insane year last year and pretty good one this year

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Messi all day. He doesn't have the flashy moves but he's so much more effective. CR7 has taken the most shots in the CL, yet Messi is the top-scorer being 33rd or something like that in shots taken.

I am a huge fan of doing tricks (to the extent that I myself can't play at all if I don't do them) and I think it actually helps a lot because of the element of surprise a well placed and time trick brings, but it has to be done in the flow of the game and with the purpose of helping your team and not mere showboating.

That's why it is what Messi does is so amazing - because he does the expected (running with the ball at the defenders) and yet no one seems to be able to stop him.

Apr 25, 2002
My one big problem with Messi is what you saw today.... he can't play against Premier League teams, meaning he will never be a factor in the late stages of the CL. He has the game against Man U to prove me wrong and I really hope he does.

Jul 6, 2008
My one big problem with Messi is what you saw today.... he can't play against Premier League teams, meaning he will never be a factor in the late stages of the CL. He has the game against Man U to prove me wrong and I really hope he does.
well that is what i meant about size, he maybe 5-7, but his stature and build makes him get knocked down and pushed around easier.

but its his build and skills that allows him to be agile and move around the field like he does.

just record taht manu vs barca game if you going to work.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
IMO, Ronaldo only looks good because he's got Rooney and Tevez recovering for him. He can't carry a team, as it's obvious when he plays for his country.

He's a crybaby, cocky, flashy and a lot of the shit that people jock him for on the field are things he only does to show off and it doesn't necessarily win anyone games.

Messi is younger, quicker, has more heart, has the destiny of becoming the next Maradona on his shoulders...

The guy is the best player in the world IMO and is getting better. I'd like to see him develop his right foot more because he plays too much with his left, but he's fuckin awesome to watch.

Would you guys say these two are the best players in the world right now? Who else should be in this conversation?

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com

He's one of the better and more complete strikers in the world, but I wouldn't put him in the same list with guys who create the opportunities for goals instead of just finishing them. He's a savage though...

fuck you haters.. talk all the shit you want..
the guy who comes up with the massive goals and insane free kicks
on a club who actually WINS awards..

C R 7
Yeah, massive goals and insane free kicks when he doesn't have to worry about playing defense, he's got Rooney and Tevez running all over the fucking plays recovering balls that HE should be, and all he worries about is when he has the ball.

Sorry pal, he's not a complete player and cannot carry a team. On Man U, he stands out. Watch a game when he plays for Portugal and see if he "dominates"...

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
you cant blame ronaldo because his team is better than Barce..
Of course not, I'm just saying when he's not on a team like Man U (Portugal), he doesn't look as dominant and he CANT carry a team.

Messi could carry a team, as he's done with Barca. Ronaldo hasn't carried shit, he's just getting lots of opportunities to look good with Man U while others do the dirty work for him...