Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Some information for everyone who has been anticipating this movie.

The trailer is here!

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/2...aints-day/videos/boonsaints2_trlr_090209.html

http://www.trailerspy.com/trailer/5198/Boondock-Saints-2-All-Saints-Day-Red-Band-Trailer-HD

Poster "teaser" from Comic-Con.

The film has been completed and is scheduled to hit theaters Halloween weekend. So a little over two months left to go.

The trailer was supposed to come out yesterday but unfortunately it got pushed back. The new release date is tomorrow (9/19) so when that happens I will update this post with the official trailer. Or you can just go to ign.com which is the website that it will debut on.

From Troy Duffy's twitter account: "Everyone! Troy Duffy here. I got to the bottom of it today. Trailer in 2 days (IGN.com). The movie hits theaters...HOLLOWEEN WEEKEND!!!"

Cast (pretty much everyone but Defoe is returning:
Sean Patrick Flanery as Connor McManus
Norman Reedus as Murphy McManus
Julie Benz as Eunice Bloom
Clifton Collins, Jr. as Romeo
David Della Rocco as David Della Rocco
Billy Connolly as Noah 'Il Duce' McManus
David Ferry as Detective Dolly
Brian Mahoney as Detective Duffy
Peter Fonda as The Roman
Judd Nelson as Concezio Yakavetta
Bob Marley as Detective Greenly
Sweeney MacArthur as Jacob McManus

From an interview with Duffy regarding the plot:
Warning; may possibly contain spoilers.

"You kind of wonder what has happened to the brothers... They have been living way back in the valleys of Ireland with their father on a family run sheep farm, way beyond the reach of technology or men. Way out there. It's been sort of a bucolic existence, hard working pioneer-esque type stuff. They have long hair and beards, and stuff like that. You get the sense that they've been hibernating to come back. And there is an event that transpires in Boston. A priest murdered in a church and the body is rigged to make it look like the Saints did it. The one guy that the brothers and father have contact with is Il Duce's brother. So he gets the first notion of this, puts his jeep in gear and tells the brothers what happened. And without even thinking of it the boys are up and out of there ... they cut their hair, digg up their rosaries, strap on their guns, and they're gone! And Dad has to stay back because something is wrong with him, and you can tell he doesn't have much time left. So when the brothers smuggle themselves back to the US, back to Boston, in a very understandable way. And one of the guys they meet along the way is a Hispanic American named Romeo. And Romeo ends up becoming like the third brother or saint, fourth I guess if you're gonna consider Billy. He's a lot more of a bad ass than Rocco was. But his comedy is that he wants to be a lot more a part of this. So there is a lot of humor that comes from that. He's hopefully going to be played by a friend of mine named Clifton Collins, who was in Capote and Frankie Flowers in Traffic."

"When they land they basically start killing everything that they think is responsible for that priest's death. And Romeo has a connection to the Hispanic underground in Boston, which over the last ten years has become pretty exceptional. That is how they are finding their information this time, instead of from Rocco in the first one. So, we've got some great set pieces, some big gun play and new types of stunts. But, right off the bat, we have the same three detectives back. And they are confronted ... because Williem is not going to be in the second one... He is dead right off the top, and his protege, she is named Unis Bloom, she is a George peach. She's got that doc holiday accent, super super sexy. So she's the one going after the saints and now working with these three officers. And she's FBI. Now immediately, the cops from the first film, they were all in on it. They helped the saints at the end of the day, they crossed over to the dark side. And they don't know if she knows or not. That's something we play with throughout the film. There is no love interest by the way. A lot of people hear there is going to be a female lead in Boondock and think there is going to be some kind of love interest... don't worry about that... That's not happening. It's a way to throw a curb-ball at the audience." ... "So for my money, you can't just give them everything they loved from the first one. You have to give them a new story. She is that new story. She is one hell of a firecracker. She starts going with the cops, and this helps preserve something I loved about Boondocks 1, and fans have remarked about. Billy's character Il Duce is the third act. He blasts the story wide open. And because we're keeping him in Ireland, he gets to do the same thing here. He comes back in the third act. The brothers, everything you think is going on, isn't going on. Here's the guy that did this. And it ends up being an old guy who has a connection to Billy. And you sort of figure out where this has all been going. And we go into a period flashback and we explain how Il Duce got to be Il Duce." ... "all the way to the point where he makes the first version of that leather vest."

"Rocco is actually coming back in a dream sequence, so you will see Roc."

Feel free to add anything regarding this movie.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Rocco made the first movie, that guy needs to be in more movies. Not really anticipating a sequel though could never top the original. They would be better off making a video game or a comic book series

Nov 7, 2006
liked the 1st so i might wait till i can download in good quality to see this one. im from boston aswell so i might get free tickets to the opening from where i work. i always do for movies filmed in the boston or newyork area for some reason haha

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
The fact it took so long to make lowers my expectations for how good this will be.
Or they took their time to make it dope cause the first one was so good they didn't want it to be shitty.

Or, it in fact will be a shitty movie.

I'll probably check it out. I liked the first one. But if the 2nd one sucks, it'll ruin my experience of liking the first one, knowing there's a sequel that sucks.

It better be fucking good.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Rocco made the first movie, that guy needs to be in more movies. Not really anticipating a sequel though could never top the original. They would be better off making a video game or a comic book series
Most sequels never top the original movie. I do agree though, this movie is amazing and as much as I love this movie I don't think a sequel is the right idea. Oh well. I know I'll end up goin to the theater n watching it lol.

Mar 18, 2003
Unlike you I did like the first one (not as much as most people though) but I really don't have any desire to see this at all.
Just take it all with a grain of salt. I really have no expectations. And unlike some of you I only saw this movie for the first time a couple of years ago so a sequel to me is not such a terrible idea. I can imagine If I had seen it 8-9 years ago and it's not until 2009 that is one being filmed. It might not appeal to me the same as it does now.