Best LCD TVs out there!.wut do you recommend?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 9, 2008
Yea i'm listening to it right now without the tv speakers and it aint bad..but i usually only turn on the surround sound when i'm watchin movies..and the speakers on the tv are cool when working properly but i've never had a tv speakers do the weird shit this one does??

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
YEA THE SONY IM THINKING OF GETTING IS A BRAVIA,..I FIGURE ANYONE WOULD BE PIMPISH,..THE LG IS A LCD TV/COMPUTER MONITOR FOR ONLY $500 BRAND NEW BUT NO STAND!,...AND THE JVC IS DOPE WITH A BUILT ON IPOD DOCK STATION!,...BUT YEA,..DUNNO WHICH WAY TO GO YET!

Sep 29, 2003
damn, 3 pages and not one person mentioned Sharp....

I'm extremely satisfied with my Sharp. I did a lot of research before I purchased too....Sony is best for vibrant colors and Samsung is known for its deep blacks, Sharp is a nice mix right in the middle without the high end price. The high def picture is like watching the Monday Night Football in 3d...My only complaint is the volume isnt great but thats normal for most LCD's.......surround sound on the way for this years NFL.....

If I can remember correctly, the Sharp factory in Japan is run completely on solar power and boasts one of the largest (If not the largest; can't remember) solar panel systems in the world...

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
^^^...gotta ask urself if theres a reason why such a big screen is so cheap in price!,..plus its a plasma,...im koo wit all dat!

May 4, 2006
Check out Vizio's theyre pretty solid for the price. I picked up 42" 1080p for around 700 at costco. Not to mention they have a great return poilicy. THe picture quality is pretty decent too,.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I'm just trying to help you out I was skeptical about plasmas too before I did a little research. Take a look at the reviews on avsforum her is the "owners thread" for that tv:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1201183

It is their base model TV but Panasonic makes some of the best plasmas (Pioneer has the best but they stopped making them). Plasmas are always cheaper but they don't make smaller sizes I think the smallest is around 40". If you want to get a nicer Panasonic plasma they also had the S model for just under $1000 I think it might be the one with the anti glare screen but can't remember:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM210655236P?sid=I0084400010000100383&aff=Y#

I think Toshiba also makes decent plasmas but I have heard bad things about the Vizio plasmas and I am not sure about Samsung but if you go with Samsung you should just get an LCD or LED.

May 27, 2009
It's all about Philips with ambilight. Shit makes it much easier to watch in the dark. I've heard some people say the ambilight just distracts them, but I love that shit.

Jan 6, 2004
www.myspace.com
Phillips didnt have the part they needed to fix my lcd screen so looks like there sending me a brand new upgraded tv. Perfect timing on breaking 10 days before the warranty expired thank you costco. Brand new better TV for free, hella stoked on that.

Jun 5, 2004
I GOTTA SAMSUNG 34 INCH LCD.

MY HOUSE HAS COMCAST WITH ALL HD CHANNELS, ONDEMAND... IN THE LIVING ROOM.

MY BRO HAS A LIL 20 INCH BOX TV AND HE ONLY GETS LIKE 30 CHANNELS

BUT MY SAMSUNG GETS DTV, A WHOLE BUNCH OF CHANNELS. BASIC CABLE PLUS MORE. I GET SOME HD CHANNELS, HELLA WIERD. GOT MUSIC CHANNELS OF RADIO STATIONS, LIKE SPIKE TV IS CHANNEL 60-8. COMEDY CENTRAL IS CHANNEL 60-5. MOST SPORTS CHANNELS ARE 75-SOMETHIN.

SHIT IS DOPE THO BUT HOW AM I GETTIN DIRECT TV SHIT WHEN THA WHOLE HOUSE IS COMCAST?

Jun 5, 2004
Phillips didnt have the part they needed to fix my lcd screen so looks like there sending me a brand new upgraded tv. Perfect timing on breaking 10 days before the warranty expired thank you costco. Brand new better TV for free, hella stoked on that.
YUP, THATS Y WARRANTYS ARE THE SHIT.

ITS REALLY GONNA BE CHEAPER FOR THEM TO GIVE U SOME NEW SHIT THEN TO FIX UR OLD SHIT ANYWAYS

Jun 5, 2004
ALSO, STAY AWAY FROM VIZIO.

SONY BRAVIA IS THE BEST BUT HELLA EXPENSIVE. BUT FUCK WITH LG, SAMSUNG, AND PHILLIPS, IDK ABOUT PANASONIC.

AND PLASMAS HAVE BETTER PICTURE IMO, BUT THEY ONLY GONNA LAST LIKE A YEAR LOL