Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 28, 2006
XxtraMannish said:
no it is not. evolution does not say that there is no god.
we are all humans. so we are susepctable to anything. so your whole argument that religion is the ultimate reason why we are unable to attain peace, than your clearly wrong and totally denying all other variables, including human flaw.

Jun 27, 2005
jon21 said:
we are all humans. so we are susepctable to anything. so your whole argument that religion is the ultimate reason why we are unable to attain peace, than your clearly wrong and totally denying all other variables, including human flaw.
I never made that argument.

Aug 28, 2006
XxtraMannish said:
^^^And regarding Pope John Paul's support of evolution theory?
lol...man, the church is corrupted. if the pope supports the evolution theory thats his choice. not mine. but if you can show me the logic connection between the two, then i will support it. until then i'll keep my peace.

Jun 27, 2005
jon21 said:
but it clearly implies
well, so far, from what I can tell, you are very adept at seeing things that aren't there. You have so far in this thread attributed two different things to me that i have never said, so you seeing that does not surprise me.

Jun 27, 2005
jon21 said:
lol...man, the church is corrupted. if the pope supports the evolution theory thats his choice. not mine. but if you can show me the logic connection between the two, then i will support it. until then i'll keep my peace.
so could it be then, that the Bible is also corrupted? (the document that you claim refutes even the remote possibility of evolution)

Aug 28, 2006
XxtraMannish said:
so you concede that believing or not believing in God is not a choice?
no, because after you know god exist, you then have a choice in believing what he says or not. although it would be stupid not to believe if he indeed exist.

Mar 9, 2005
jon, you're a nugget.

2-0-Sixx said it best when he stated;

2-0-Sixx said:
No wars have ever been launched in the name of Atheism. There is no Atheism doctrine or "Atheist bible" that instructs people to kill the believers. There are no Atheist fanatics that bomb buildings or declare a war of terror.
If wars are started and people murdered, and those perpetrators are athiests, why would you assume that athiesm is the cause of these terrible acts? The same can be said about any fictional character - I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster. If I start a war, does that mean I started that war BECAUSE I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster? If you answer yes, you're a dumb shit. Change the words 'flying spaghetti monster' for 'God' and you get the point.

Jun 27, 2005
jon21 said:
yes, thats why i look at what the intentions of the bible are. and the intention is not corrupted
how can you know that if you know the Bible may be corrupted? Wouldnt the entire point of corrupting it in the first place be to corrupt the intent?

Mar 9, 2005
jon21 said:
no, because after you know god exist, you then have a choice in believing what he says or not. although it would be stupid not to believe if he indeed exist.
Anyone who claims that they KNOW God exists is full of shit.

Aug 28, 2006
XxtraMannish said:
show me where I said that killers only come from religions.
"that does not mean any mass murders are a result of atheism"
you didnt, but if you deny that killers dont stem from atheism than you are being a hypocrite, because they can stem from anything.

Jun 27, 2005
jon21 said:
"that does not mean any mass murders are a result of atheism"
you didnt, but if you deny that killers dont stem from atheism than you are being a hypocrite, because they can stem from anything.
I know. Too bad for your whole point about me being a hypocrite.

Aug 28, 2006
Hutch said:
jon, you're a nugget.

2-0-Sixx said it best when he stated;

If wars are started and people murdered, and those perpetrators are athiests, why would you assume that athiesm is the cause of these terrible acts? The same can be said about any fictional character - I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster. If I start a war, does that mean I started that war BECAUSE I don't believe in the flying spaghetti monster? If you answer yes, you're a dumb shit. Change the words 'flying spaghetti monster' for 'God' and you get the point.
no, but you cant say anything about that other than a war was started. you dont know why. but it is possible that the war was started from the hatred of such a god. therefore you being atheist and not liking my believes can lead you to a war can it not?

Aug 28, 2006
XxtraMannish said:
how can you know that if you know the Bible may be corrupted? Wouldnt the entire point of corrupting it in the first place be to corrupt the intent?
how can the intent to love be corrupted? what evils stem from love with self control.