Are U Prepared For a Home Invasion ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
Yeah, of course mistakes can be made but sometimes you don't have enough time to ask questions. No one in their right mind won't hear a stranger sneaking through the house without preparing themselves with a weapon or fight, of course they should at least look at what their shooting for a split second before they do.

There is also such a grey area in murdering someone in your house I highly doubt it matters 99% of the time man, after all you paint a scene of a stranger coming in your home most of the time with some kind of weapon, ends up killed, and all you can trust is the story of the witnesses who could be lying or covering up the story in their favor for all you know while a investigation would be observed by incompetent, gung ho cops that will be on your side 100%. How in the hell would anyone know if you "asked questions" or if the intruder was threatening? As far as family members suing you or mourning over their relative thats all irrelevant and they are ignorant for not even thinking about being on the receiving end. They either mourn over their family member spending time in prison for murdering the occupants of the house who refused to take action and you know how the other way goes. Well, if the family who owned the house gets murdered could they sue the intruders family in that case? Being put in this situation is automatically a lose/lose for everyone..

@SouthernComfort I'm not missing his point, endangering neighbors and possibly mistaking a intruder for a family member/other occupant of home can happen but family comes first. What was his encrypted point I missed? Using uneccesary weapons? Don't see what else you could be talking about.
the police and anybody involved in the legal process of a self defense shooting / homicide are afforded the luxury of 20/20 hind-sight. you obviously are not. every single aspect of what you've done will be questioned, twisted, ridiculed, you name it. have you ever gone through an accusatory police interrogation? it is one of the worst feelings on earth.

all i want to get across is if you plan to defend yourself with deadly force, know the self defense laws in your state as if your life depended on it, cause in some horrible situation / scenario, it would.

and think of how ridiculous it would be to shoot off an assault weapon in a residential area. not only that, but picture yourself sitting as the defendant in a court room, and the prosecutor pulls out this huge assault weapon, shocks the courtroom and says youre a cold blooded murdering menace to society psycho commando wanna-be. any citizen / juror / cop / lawyer / judge will look at that weapon, and see it as an offensive weapon, not the weapon of someone who wants to simply defend themselves. they might even falsely associate that weapon with a fully automatic machine gun.

Apr 2, 2010
the police and anybody involved in the legal process of a self defense shooting / homicide are afforded the luxury of 20/20 hind-sight. you obviously are not. every single aspect of what you've done will be questioned, twisted, ridiculed, you name it. have you ever gone through an accusatory police interrogation? it is one of the worst feelings on earth.

all i want to get across is if you plan to defend yourself with deadly force, know the self defense laws in your state as if your life depended on it, cause in some horrible situation / scenario, it would.

and think of how ridiculous it would be to shoot off an assault weapon in a residential area. not only that, but picture yourself sitting as the defendant in a court room, and the prosecutor pulls out this huge assault weapon, shocks the courtroom and says youre a cold blooded murdering menace to society psycho commando wanna-be. any citizen / juror / cop / lawyer / judge will look at that weapon, and see it as an offensive weapon, not the weapon of someone who wants to simply defend themselves. they might even falsely associate that weapon with a fully automatic machine gun.
Very true, I didn't co-sign the assualt rifles or other weapons that should be used on heavily armed soldiers only though, just the fact people need to defend themselves. (Even on the first page I said I can't believe the guy didn't mention a dog as being a good home defense as well as being great around the kids.)

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
In California, shooting an unarmed robber will land you in prison...you have to prove you thought your life was in danger.

Also, you can't shoot a robber in the back...and you can't lie in wait. So if you hear somebody breaking into your house, you can't duck in a corner with a shotgun and blow his face off as soon as you see it. You are also prohibited from shooting somebody who has not yet entered, or is leaving the house.

However, if you have a pistol and you empty the clip, it looks like you shot in a panic...which will make it easier for you to get off on any charges.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Emptying the clip makes it look like you shot in panic? That doesn't sound right lol.
If you pop one bullet into a dude and kill him, it looks premeditated. If you dump a clip into his chest, it looks more like "this dude was coming after me so I dumped the whole fuckin' thing into him".

This is what cops told mothers in my neighborhood when I was a kid.

Apr 21, 2011
In California, shooting an unarmed robber will land you in prison...you have to prove you thought your life was in danger.

Also, you can't shoot a robber in the back...and you can't lie in wait. So if you hear somebody breaking into your house, you can't duck in a corner with a shotgun and blow his face off as soon as you see it. You are also prohibited from shooting somebody who has not yet entered, or is leaving the house.

However, if you have a pistol and you empty the clip, it looks like you shot in a panic...which will make it easier for you to get off on any charges.
If someone came to my house and broke in in the middle of the night and tried something with me, it will be all bad for them period. But u say im suppose to let someone who I did not invite over break and enter my home and kill me???? That sound retarded AF

Jan 7, 2004
Seems like a lot are missing the point a few are making. If someone is unarmed in your house and once they see you, they try to book it and leave and you shoot them, then yeah that's not going to look good for you. Now if they try to engage with you in some sort of manner or it is obvious they have a weapon and are not trying to flee then okay, you have a case.

Most people will agree that anyone that is unwanted in your house would/should get it, but the law does not always see it that way, that's all.

Apr 21, 2011
Im not talking about a unarmed man in the kitchen making a sandwhich. i see on the news all the time: home invasion one person dead. What else am I to expect? U all dum ass just keep assumin that man broke in ur house to help u do spring cleaning iim goin byy what I see in the news

Apr 11, 2008
WWW.PLEASEATSOMESHIT.COM
hollow point rounds are perfectly legal in cali...same as hydrashok

its simple, think before you shoot....there has to be the immediate threat to the lives of yourself or family members to justify the shooting..but im sure others can speak on the subject better than I can.
You cant shoot a fool in the back who was running out of your house to get away, or didnt pose a grave danger.... and shooting an unarmed attacker who isnt a 6'9" angry samoan on meth may very well catch you a case.

Aug 14, 2009
Fillmoe
california does not have a self defense law. and the laws are fucked up cuz people do not exercise their right to vote.

the most logical thing to do in a given situation just so happens to be wrong in accordance of the law. this is just showing you how much the american government loves to fuck you