anyone ever been to a live wwe event?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^^ alright cool guess im gonna have to buy sum tickets then and check it this shit out
Definitely check it out. I wrote a paper on the experience of a wrestling event for college because there's so much to see and do at the shows. Be yourself, and get loud if you want to. As silly as it sounds(maybe even a little redneck of me), wrestling events and monster truck races will be something I share with my kids because they have a lot of depth.

Feb 21, 2003
ive been to 6, all in san jose..

-June 99 house show (Chyna popped her top, got to see the funbags a few years before all you fuckers lol)
-September 2000 house show, Austin appeared (even though he wasn't back on tv yet)
-May 2001 RAW when HHH tore his quad in front of me (we were sitting 5th row behind JR n paul heyman)
-SummerSlam 2001
-SmackDown March 2003, last tv show before WrestleMania 19 and we sat 2nd Row
-July 2003 house show (main event was first ever HHH vs Goldberg)

Jan 31, 2006
I used to go to events all the time.

Countless Raw's and Smackdowns, Three WCW SuperBrawls at the Cow Palace, 2 Royal Rumbles (Sacramento and San Jose), Summerslam (San Jose), No Way Out (Cow Palace) and random house shows.

Live events are pretty damn fun. Its a trip to hear how loud it is when someone gets a Ric Flair chop to the chest, or if someone gets ripped in the head with a chair. And the pyro is always fun. Don't know if I would go to an even now, but back then, nothing was better than wearing the Legion of Doom shoulder pads and watching the Royal Rumble...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I used to got to a gang of events as a kid with my uncle,i was at the Royal Rumble like 99 i think when shawn michaels had a casket match against undertaker and kane first slid through and choke slammed him into the casket.My favorite one i've been to was a in your house event where the main event was a fatal four way between the rock stone cold the undertaker and HHH back in the glory day of wrestling when they had stars and showmanship

Nov 10, 2006
Been to many events going back to the 80's. It's a lot more expensive now, even then it used to be just a few years ago; it wasn't that long ago that front row for Raw/Smackdown was only 40.00 a ticket, and now it's something like 80.00 a ticket. In the early 90's when Ric Flair was WWF champ and Piper was IC champ, front row to see them Main Event against each other at a house show was only 14.00.

I went to one at the cow palace when i was a kid, now that i'm grown up i can never make my way to a show because all my friends think wrestling is stupid and i don't want to go by myself lol. I guess when i have kids i'm gonna have to brainwash them into liking wrestling so i can have someone to go with. haha
It's harder to do now that the ticket prices are so much more now, but if money if ever in abundance for you, one of your friends would go for free I bet, as anyone I've ever taken over the years, always wanted to go after experiencing a live event.

May 16, 2002
been to so many i cant even count. went to royal rumble 93 in sac. i remember seeing giant gonzalez in person...fuckin dude was a beast!!

some of my most memorable ones that i went too were the raw in like 2000 when angle brought out the milk truck and raw in 98 when hhh was stripped of the ic belt and owen hart got it.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
I've been to Wrestlemania in L.A.,Raw 3 times,Smackdown 3 times,Summer Slam in San Jose,Royal Rumble in San Jose.. I used to be into it,now my son is really into it I took him to the Great American Bash,and ECW taping,gonna take him to the one next month in Oakland.. Good family bonding.... different live with out hearing Jim Ross,And The King

Nov 14, 2002
I've been to a bunch and had a great time no matter where I was. It's different without the commentating, but I always have fun.

I think its 2 funny the people in the crowd...worth the price of admission......I was sittin next to a family(dad/mom, 2 young sons 5-10).....the dad was the hardcore and he kept referring to HBK as a cocksmoker and was really loud and obnoxious...the mom looked really embarassed, but it was too late....she was out of her element...what a role model
Yeah that's true also. Yelling shit at the guys is half the fun.

Oct 3, 2006
just got back from the fresno smackdown show...off the hook christian is back he had a loud ass pop...shit imma post up pics soon...and thanks to all of yall that recommended me goin esp lds ..that shit was fun as hell lol

Nov 14, 2002
This is some corny shit, but some of the best times I've had have been doing the overnight wait for tickets outside the venue. I've only done it twice but you see the same people every time, and at least in NY they're cool as hell. People are drinkin' and smokin' but being respectful and shit... If you're hungry there's always someone that's goin' to McDonalds or some shit and they don't mind pickin' shit up or you just comin' for the ride.

Never saw a single cop either.

Too bad WWE only comes to NY when it's fucking freezing out and you have to wait in that, but if you're not with your girl it's easy to find a broad to keep you warm.

It's a good place to get some promo done also. I handed out Tech N9ne samplers at the both of them and met some cool ICP fans, which for the most part, I didn't know existed.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I second that. ^ I waited in line for tickets to the Lesnar vs. Undertaker No Way Out show, and it was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had.