Android phone discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
So I decided to hold off on upgrading for a little bit but I was bored with my S2 so I started looking at different launchers, and after checking a couple out I came across Smart launcher and I fucking love this app!!! Most launchers just look like a variation of stock android this was the only one I found that took a different approach.

Below is a quick demo of the free version, but you can do alot more than he shows, one main thing he doesnt show is that you can set it up to open any app when you slide up, down, left or right ( pro adds two finger swiping and double tapping ) it makes short cuts super easy. You can change themes and icons etc... You have to get the pro version for widget support but if you dont use any then its no loss.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I need a new phone.

I have metro and my phone screen shattered. I'm having some trouble deciding on which phone is best. I'm not super knowledgeable about phones, and phone technology. I want a phone with 4G and wifi, mostly all I do is text and email, I also use instagram and Netflix. I don't really play any games or run lots of apps, and I don't really need a fancy phone. Im looking to spend <$200.

I'm looking at the LG Optimus F3, LG Optimus L9, and the Kyocera Hydro XTRM. The only big difference I see between the F3 and L9 is the screen size. Is there something else to them that I don't see? The Kyocera interests me because its claims of being waterproof and the shock-resistant screen, and at work I'm subject to splashes and drops. The internals on all 3 look similar to me. What do I need to know? Are there other phones that fit the bill I don't know about? What would siccness do?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
since the new android update about a week ago i cant add .m4a files to my phone anymore. it of course asks if i want to convert and copy them, and it used to do that just fine, it now starts to convert and copy and then stops like halfway thru converting the album, telling me it doesnt support the file type anymore.

anyone else having a problem or experience this before? most albums nowadays are in .m4a because people use itunes, but thats an apple program of course so android doesnt have that.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
now its no longer copying music files at all, regardless of type. it starts to do it, then slows down and eventually says that the device has stopped responding. the phone is still being charged while its doing it, and is still recognized on my computer, but the copying of the files never ends up going all the way thru. any recommendations on what i should do?

Apr 25, 2002
now its no longer copying music files at all, regardless of type. it starts to do it, then slows down and eventually says that the device has stopped responding. the phone is still being charged while its doing it, and is still recognized on my computer, but the copying of the files never ends up going all the way thru. any recommendations on what i should do?
try a new USB cable

Props: DubbC415
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Picked up the S4 yesterday from best buy, like the phone alot more than my S2 but not so thrilled with the amount of bloatware in the phone. If the moto X had a 5 inch screen I would have picked that up as I like what Google has done with Motorola, but that phone is just to small. If the Nexus 5 was picked up by ATT I might have grabbed that instead too, but im cool off paying $350 for a phone its not that serious to me. But on the flip side I do see and would like a more pure android phone too, let me add the shit I want on my phone. It is what it is I guess...

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Picked up the S4 yesterday from best buy, like the phone alot more than my S2 but not so thrilled with the amount of bloatware in the phone. If the moto X had a 5 inch screen I would have picked that up as I like what Google has done with Motorola, but that phone is just to small. If the Nexus 5 was picked up by ATT I might have grabbed that instead too, but im cool off paying $350 for a phone its not that serious to me. But on the flip side I do see and would like a more pure android phone too, let me add the shit I want on my phone. It is what it is I guess...
did you pay for the phone? because its free at best buy

Samsung GS4 114738 - Best Buy

Sep 23, 2006
So I decided to hold off on upgrading for a little bit but I was bored with my S2 so I started looking at different launchers, and after checking a couple out I came across Smart launcher and I fucking love this app!!! Most launchers just look like a variation of stock android this was the only one I found that took a different approach.

Below is a quick demo of the free version, but you can do alot more than he shows, one main thing he doesnt show is that you can set it up to open any app when you slide up, down, left or right ( pro adds two finger swiping and double tapping ) it makes short cuts super easy. You can change themes and icons etc... You have to get the pro version for widget support but if you dont use any then its no loss.

Good lookin, downloaded that shit yesterday loving it so far.. did you download the pro version?

Nov 18, 2010
At first I liked pure android better but now I like samsung version more, mainly for the toggles and a lot of features you need to root and install a ROM to get. And I hate how the stability of ROMs always seems to go after a few months. Speaking of stability 4.3 is buggy as hell compared to 4.2.2.