All This Touring..Worth It?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2005
JLMACN said:
Chamillionaire dropped (with PaulWall) Get Your Mind Correct in 2001
he dropped several mixtapes before his Major Label Release - Sound Of Revenge......Mixtape Messiah was one of those...it sold over 100,000 copies..
all his mixtapes im sure sold over 30-40K...

Chamillionaire done dropped his Major label debut...on his way to PLatinum status..
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tech N9ne
dropped Anghellic in 2000
Absolute Power in 2002
nothing ever since (unless you are including Vintage or whatever)

see what im getting at here??

Chamillionaire kept his name out there...and got himself signed..a PHAT contract..(he Executive Produced his album)...
Tech ...should have been droppin mixtapes or something..
to keep his buzz rollin..

This man knows what he's talking about...

My thoughts exactly...

I think Techs buzz has gone down so much that nobody besides us hardcore Tech fans are going to care about Everready...

If Tech put out a mixtape right after Madden 06...he would have already blown up...fuck waiting for an album that might never come out. Then when the album drops...hes selling like Cham is right now.

Apr 8, 2005
www.imizbiz.com
BigRawb said:
If Tech put out a mixtape right after Madden 06...he would have already blown up...fuck waiting for an album that might never come out..
First of all how can be sure about what would have happened? Second nobody forces you to wait for an album to be released.

Guys don't lose the meaning. To me maybe mixtapes kill discography. Besides, everybody makes mixtapes. Tech N9ne is not everybody. Not a random rapper. We love his stuff cause he is different. He ''always wanted to do something different''. And you like that. So how can you ask him to do the same thing like others do?

Oct 9, 2002
djvanilla said:
Tech N9ne is not everybody. Not a random rapper. We love his stuff cause he is different. He ''always wanted to do something different''.

yea... waiting 5 years for an album sure is different alright... i dont think i know any other artists that have tried this approach yet:rolleyes:

Jun 12, 2003
mizzouplaya said:
yea... waiting 5 years for an album sure is different alright... i dont think i know any other artists that have tried this approach yet:rolleyes:
True True. I've never really wanted to become a rap artist I like what im doing now but just incase I ever do decide to become one I guess I should announce that my album is droppin soon.

Dec 14, 2005
djvanilla said:
First of all how can be sure about what would have happened? Second nobody forces you to wait for an album to be released.

Guys don't lose the meaning. To me maybe mixtapes kill discography. Besides, everybody makes mixtapes. Tech N9ne is not everybody. Not a random rapper. We love his stuff cause he is different. He ''always wanted to do something different''. And you like that. So how can you ask him to do the same thing like others do?
Well first of all...I know for damn sure that Tech had a buzz off that Madden shit...and alot of people around these parts of the east coast was feeling that track, and also the track off of 25 to Life...if Tech hit em in the head with a straight fire mixtape with him and the strange music fam right after that...then I think that he would have blown...of course I cant say for SURE that he would have blown up, but what i do know for sure is that he has lost the interest of ALOT of people who digged him off those tracks. Its been almost a fucking year since Madden, like what 8..9 months since 25 to Life...

I mean come on, whos just going to wait around for an album thats taking way to long to come out if your not a hardcore tech fan? Not many...

The way I see it...he has to get on a couple more video games, or some other big time promotion right before Everready if he wants to go big...