All This Touring..Worth It?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 14, 2005
To be completly honest I don't know if all this touring that Tech is doing is really worth it. I mean yeah, it's a great thing that he loves to perform in hundreds of cities in a year...it shows alot of respect for his fans. I also know that it does give him exposure, but I think it would be in Tech best interest to start doing mixtapes, and getting on other credible artists cd's.

It has been proven that mixtapes get your name out there in a big way. I mean, how many people who HAVENT heard of Tech are going to show up at a show in their city? My guess is not that many, if any...a lot more people are going to be buying mixtapes for like 10 bucks or whatever the price..with Tech featured, or fuck it, his own mixtape with others featured.

I see so much material out there by other artists, getting sold like hotcakes, tape after tape..who don't even deserve a snippet. Think if Tech started doing this, I believe he would blow up overnight. Tech can come hard line after line after line...we all know this, he could be making way more songs with the same fire that he comes with normally, on his lp's.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think Tech should stop touring, I just think he should put more effort into other things...besides dedicating his whole life to touring...I mean come on, we all know thats a big factor in why we don't have Everready.

Aug 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
i agree to i mean if a mixtape or new stuff or even everready drops i can go without touring for awhile while he does some stuff to get exposure ill be happy cuz he got big and id finally be right after tellin tha haters he is hot

Jan 2, 2004
The more tech tours, the more money he makes.... There's a reason he's only going to city's he knows he's going to get a great showing in.

From a standard of whether it'll improve sales, this touring isn't worth it. The only people that are seeing Tech at these shows are fans who already have his albums and will buy his next album no matter what.

But from the fact that it makes money, it's definitely worth it. These fans can only buy each album once, but they can see him perform as many times as he shows up and performs..

Dec 14, 2005
Robby2Slobby said:
The more tech tours, the more money he makes.... There's a reason he's only going to city's he knows he's going to get a great showing in.

From a standard of whether it'll improve sales, this touring isn't worth it. The only people that are seeing Tech at these shows are fans who already have his albums and will buy his next album no matter what.

But from the fact that it makes money, it's definitely worth it. These fans can only buy each album once, but they can see him perform as many times as he shows up and performs..
But see, my point is that he could easily do both...just ease up on all the touring and do some side projects. In the long run, it's going to make him more money.

Aug 20, 2002
www.2elevens.com
I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND FROM A FANS PERSPECTIVE...YOU ARE ON POINT. THE MORE TECH MATERIAL I AHVE THE HAPPIER I AM....BUT

TOURS = ALBUM SALES
TOURS = MERCHANDISE SALES
TOURS = REVENUE

REVENUE = A BIGGER BETTER PRODUCT

Feb 18, 2006
NO! FUCK MIXTAPES! leave that shit up to bs rappers like camon and juelz santana, fuck that worthless no lyrical talent bs

Jan 2, 2004
The thing with mixtapes is that if you release too many songs, you are gonna run out of material, and your shit is going to become the generic shit in most of your songs...

Eventually, you'll run out of material anyway, but you'll be able to be a good rapper, longer, without mixtapes.

Feb 18, 2006
exactly, we have camron for that, i dont want worthless bling blind lean wit it rock wit it country grammer you can find me in da club with a bottle full of bub purple drank boppers and hustlin music

Jun 9, 2004
I dunno if mixtapes make the industry right now. Tech is an established rapper and people know who he is. You can be a non mainstream artist and still get paid by touring. The masses don't want to here Tech's stuff. The MTV crowd wants beats and hooks. I hope Tech can blow up and keep his lyrical destruction.

Jan 12, 2003
Mummy said:
NO! FUCK MIXTAPES! leave that shit up to bs rappers like camon and juelz santana, fuck that worthless no lyrical talent bs
Robby2Slobby said:
The thing with mixtapes is that if you release too many songs, you are gonna run out of material, and your shit is going to become the generic shit in most of your songs...
Look at Chamillionaire, worked for him. Now he signed w/ Universal and is about to become Platinum with his first major release due to puttin out mixtapes and getting that exposure.

Oct 3, 2005
Swick said:
I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE SAYING AND FROM A FANS PERSPECTIVE...YOU ARE ON POINT. THE MORE TECH MATERIAL I AHVE THE HAPPIER I AM....BUT

TOURS = ALBUM SALES
TOURS = MERCHANDISE SALES
TOURS = REVENUE

REVENUE = A BIGGER BETTER PRODUCT
agreed, and the only thing i can figure is that tech must need all that money for something important, or else he would've put out some other shit by now, at least that's how i see it. maybe he's still financing everready? or maybe saving up for a next project? perhaps strange should start putting out a monthly newsletter...:rolleyes:

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
Any sane person cannot possiblly tell you that mixtapes aren't a successful marketing tool. Like people have said, look at Chamillionare, Lil Flip, Mike Jones, Paul Wall...etc. They selfpromoted themselves through mixtapes and grinding.

Tech and Strange Music believe in a different type of grinding and that's being on the road 200+ days out of the year. Now if he could bust out mixtapes and be on tour non-stop for the last 3 years we would all be happy. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

This is just total speculation on my part but it doesn't seem too inconcivable to me that Strange/MSC wanted to squeeze every penny out of Absolute Power considering that was supposed to be the album that hit the industry by storm.

That album did increase his fan base tenfold, which also gave them the idea that they could tour and tour and tour off that album.

There is more to the delay of this album than Tech being too "busy" to record and finish Everready any idiot can see that. But like Swick said, if you can't put out your album financially or legally, touring is your only source of income.

I'm not even sure Tech's contract with MSC would allow him to make a mixtape anyway. So we have a moot point there. Touring is the route they chose and you're just going to have to deal with seeing him live 2-3 times a year. For people who love going to shows that's not a bad thing.

I have heard Travis' plan for the next 12 months or so and it sounds exciting. And if they stay on track with it I think you will all be happy. And yes I do believe part of the plans are to NOT have a 4 year hiattus between Tech albums.

Feb 18, 2006
i am completely against tech making mixtapes...tho the chamillionare example is a good one, i dunno about the rest(mike jones, paul wall,lil flip, etc) paul wall has nothing but grill, boppers, purple drank lyrics...lil flip fell off since his mixtape days, and then theres mike jones.......mike....who?....jones, im not even gonna get started on him, so do we really want tech to become a "mike jones" cham is just one of those one-out-of-a-million, but tech is one out of 6 billbion, lets keep it that way pls

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
im not saying he should drop mixtape after mixtape after mixtape..

imsaying he should appear on mixtapes...do features and shit like that.
I mean...even host some mixtapes..

let people know (that cant see his shows) that he is still doin his thing..

He could even introduce the whole Strange family as a whole on the fuckin thing...and it would prolly sell just like (or more) than a real album from those artists..

Dec 28, 2005
It's funny how people diss ways for Tech to get exposure like mixtapes and other things, but at the same time they are the first to say damn why don't Tech get bigger? Contradictions are a bitch!!!

Dec 14, 2005
JLMACN said:
im not saying he should drop mixtape after mixtape after mixtape..

imsaying he should appear on mixtapes...do features and shit like that.
I mean...even host some mixtapes..

let people know (that cant see his shows) that he is still doin his thing..

He could even introduce the whole Strange family as a whole on the fuckin thing...and it would prolly sell just like (or more) than a real album from those artists..

I see someone understands what im trying to say...

Now if it's because of legal issues that Tech cannot put out a mixtape then thats a different story..but come on...all these years of no tech and he can't be featured on some mixtapes? Thats bullshit.

And to the people saying that they dont want tech on mixtapes cuz of the other people who are on them...thats just stupid...we all know tech isnt going to start talking about his cars and jewelry 24/7, those rappers just choose to rap about that shit. Tech raps about true life, and he would continue to on mixtapes. He could change the whole fucking game if he started doing mixtapes man...

And don't talk to me about money..mixtapes have made people a WHOLE lot of money...probably a lot more than tech makes touring.

And what about the East Coast man!? No fucking touring for us...so why not put out a mixtape or two for people who dont get to see him live...