All This Touring..Worth It?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
true that... i think the last 3 cd's i've bought have been of dudes i heard for the first time on some mixtape... exposure is everything

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
BigRawb said:
And what about the East Coast man!? No fucking touring for us...so why not put out a mixtape or two for people who dont get to see him live...
Its known East Coast hasnt show love for da midwest lol

And myself i have no desire 2 own mixtapes if da fucking DJ keeps cutting in on da damn song, that just fucks up da song. I dont wanna hear da muthafucka in some1 verse that aint da reason y i got it

Dec 14, 2005
Dark Shadow said:
Its known East Coast hasnt show love for da midwest lol
I wonder why?

Because he has zero exposure out here...and what could give him exposure?

Touring here, and not drawing that big of a crowd...or start being featured on mixtapes that get circulated around here..believe me, people around here by sooo many mixtapes. Then, after they buy a mixtape with Tech on it and see how much fire he spits, THEN when he starts touring around here, a MUCH bigger crowd will show up. Thus, Tech just blows up...

Mixtapes get your name big around here man. Well...everywhere.

Jan 2, 2005
if at all possible, could strange music put out a mix tape of ALL the strange artists...not just tech. i mean like have collabs between them all + other rappers from around the country, that would seem to open up alot of shit for them.

Oct 9, 2002
techn9nehq said:
Any sane person cannot possiblly tell you that mixtapes aren't a successful marketing tool. Like people have said, look at Chamillionare, Lil Flip, Mike Jones, Paul Wall...etc. They selfpromoted themselves through mixtapes and grinding.

Tech and Strange Music believe in a different type of grinding and that's being on the road 200+ days out of the year. Now if he could bust out mixtapes and be on tour non-stop for the last 3 years we would all be happy. But you can't have your cake and eat it too.

well put

Feb 18, 2006
tech chose the internet instead of mixtapes i guess, the whole FTI internet thing trippled his sales, that how i got into him, i was a victim of FTI

May 2, 2006
my first tech show is on thurs....it's gonna be hella bumpin and is already sold out...he has a strong fan base here in denver but there is no reason for him to pus out and go all commercial for the weak ass industry....

Oct 10, 2004
www.myspace.com
BigRawb said:
I wonder why?

Because he has zero exposure out here...and what could give him exposure?

Touring here, and not drawing that big of a crowd...or start being featured on mixtapes that get circulated around here..believe me, people around here by sooo many mixtapes. Then, after they buy a mixtape with Tech on it and see how much fire he spits, THEN when he starts touring around here, a MUCH bigger crowd will show up. Thus, Tech just blows up...

Mixtapes get your name big around here man. Well...everywhere.
Ive never heard of a place where people like mixtapes better than original music.... lol If they wont buy his album i doubt they gonna buy his mixtape? I myself would like to hear tech on some mixtape shit but i dont know if thats the key to popularity in the east..... Mixtapes dont get no respect, do mixtapes win awards? Seems to me like alot of time dont go into mixtapes, juss cause they mixtapes.... look at lil waynes shit

Feb 10, 2005
i think some of lil' wayne's mixtape tracks are just as good or better than a lot of his album tracks... and maybe mixtapes dont get awards, but i think they definately deserve respect because they get exposure...ex) I live in milwaukee and my friend had some young jeezy mixtapes and thats how i first heard his shit before he got his deal.
maybe some people dont like mixtapes but its something that i think would be beneficial in tech's case, even if he dont get big sales off of them just leaking it online would help to get heard and expand the audience that he is reaching now.

Oct 9, 2002
MID-WEST785 said:
Ive never heard of a place where people like mixtapes better than original music.... lol If they wont buy his album i doubt they gonna buy his mixtape? I myself would like to hear tech on some mixtape shit but i dont know if thats the key to popularity in the east..... Mixtapes dont get no respect, do mixtapes win awards? Seems to me like alot of time dont go into mixtapes, juss cause they mixtapes.... look at lil waynes shit
you dont know of what you speak...

without mixtapes... there would be no 50 Cent... ect.

its a marketing tool to get your name out there...

you say if they wont buy his album i doubt they would buy his mixtape...thats why he jumps on a mixtape with eminem or chamillionaire or someone big for a track or two, then when people buy it they get EXPOSURE to his tracks as well which could spark interest

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
naharfenater said:
no if there was no eminem there would be no 50 cent

wrong son...

50's name was getting real big..
Eminem was just smart enough to jump on him and give him a ton of money before he signed wit anyone else..

@T-Willy say what you want about 50cent..or Emenim...but the fact is..50 is doing his job. And he is doing it well.

when you get into Mainstream america Rap music. your job is to sell records....not to Stay street. It took me a while to learn that but i learned it.
50 will always be one of my fav artists out there, simple because i followed his career before he got "big"....much like Chamillionaire.

50 was killin boys wit his words back in the mixtapes days....
and thats a fact. Why do you think he had so much hype when his first album dropped?

sad day in rap history? no..maybe a sad day in your life.

Oct 10, 2004
www.myspace.com
mizzouplaya said:
thats why he jumps on a mixtape with eminem or chamillionaire or someone big for a track or two, then when people buy it they get EXPOSURE to his tracks as well which could spark interest
yeh but he aint done that..... Anything wit em or cham would get him noticed sure.... Did i ever say it wouldnt? You`r talkin bout other cats mixtapes I was talkin techs mixtape... Mixtapes still dont get the respect original shit does.... I dont live in newyork so i guess i cant speak on what goes down out east....