Affliction Day of Reckoning Andrei Arlovski vs Fedor Emelianenko who will win?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski

• Fedor Emelianenko via KO or TKO

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Fedor Emelianenko via Submission

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Fedor Emelianenko via Decision

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Andrei Arlovski via KO or TKO

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Andrei Arlovski via Submission

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andrei Arlovski via Decision

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Fedor should just goto the UFC an we can see if he's really all that
lol

What?

Anything is possible in MMA but I honestly don't think anyone in the heavyweight weight class in UFC could even come close to beating Fedor.

Fedor proved he is "really all that" years ago by the way. He could lose from now on until he retires and would still go down as one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.

Feb 12, 2004
Yea dude Fedor has NOTHING to prove. I agree that Arlovski was winning the fight, but wtf you should know by now(if you know whats up) that unless the fight is over and your hand is raised NEVER count out Fedor. The man was rocked by Fujita, dumped on his dome by Randleman and won both of those.

Feb 7, 2006
AFFLICTION "DAY OF RECKONING" FIGHTER SALARIES

MMAWeekly has obtained the fighter salary information from the California State Athletic Commission for Affliction "Day of Reckoning" featuring Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski, which took place on Saturday, Jan. 24, at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

The following figures are based on the fighter salary information that promoters are required by law to submit to the state athletic commissions, including the winners' bonuses.

Although mixed martial arts fighters do not have collective bargaining or a union, the fighters' salaries are still public record, just as with every other major sport in the United States. Any undisclosed bonuses that a promoter also pays its fighters, but does not disclose to the athletic commissions (specifically, pay-per-view bonuses, fight of the night bonuses, etc.), are not included in the figures below.

In the listings below, "Main Event Fighters" are defined as fighters who compete in the main event of a show. "Main Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose fights appear on the main card, but not in the main event. "Preliminary Card Fighters" are defined as fighters whose matches take place before the main card goes on the air, regardless of whether or not those matches end up airing on the TV or Internet broadcast.

MAIN EVENT FIGHTERS

– Fedor Emelianenko $300,000 (no win bonus) def. Andre Arlovski $1,500,000 (win bonus would have been $250,000)

MAIN CARD FIGHTERS

– Josh Barnett $500,000 (no win bonus) def. Gilbert Yvel $30,000 (win bonus would have been $9,300)

– Vitor Belfort $200,000 (includes $80,000 win bonus) def. Matt Lindland $225,000 (win bonus would have been $75,000)

– Renato "Babalu" Sobral $90,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou $50,000 (win bonus would have been $50,000)

– Paul Buentello $90,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Kiril Sidelnikov $10,000 (win bonus would have been $25,000)

– Dan Lauzon $12,000 (no win bonus) def. Bobby Green $4,000 (win bonus would have been $4,000)

PRELIMINARY CARD FIGHTERS

– Jay Hieron $45,000 (includes $25,000 win bonus) def. Jason High $10,000 (win bonus would have been $5,000)

– Antonio Rogerio Nogueira $150,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus) def. Vladimir Matyushenko $50,000 (win bonus would have been $30,000)

– L.C. Davis $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus) def. Bao Quach $7,000 (win bonus would have been $6,000)

– Albert Rios $6,000 (includes $3,000 win bonus) def. Antonio Duarte $3,000 (win bonus would have been $2,000)

– Brett Cooper $10,000 (includes $5,000 win bonus) def. Patrick Speight $2,000 (win bonus would have been $3,000)

AFFLICTION "DAY OF RECKONING" DISCLOSED FIGHTER PAYROLL: $3,308,000

Feb 7, 2006
CRUSHING KO KEEPS FEDOR ON HIS THRONE

For three minutes, Andrei Arlovski appeared that he had finally cracked the code to the world's greatest heavyweight. In the end, he only found a chink in Fedor Emelianenko's armor, not a way to pierce his heart.

Arlovski had the reach advantage in this fight. He had the speed advantage. He was elusive. And true to the pre-fight words of his boxing trainer, Freddie Roach, he appeared to have Fedor frustrated, something rarely seen in the Russian's demeanor.

There was even a trickle of blood flowing from Fedor's nose.

But just when Arlovski seemed to be ramping up – a crushing overhand right stunned Fedor and a push kick sent him back against the ropes – Fedor brought Arlovski back to earth... literally. Following the push kick with an apparent flying knee, Fedor caught Arlovski just before he went airborne, one sledgehammer right hand leaving the former UFC champion diving face first into the canvas.

"I feel great," said Fedor following the defense of his title. "I just want to say thanks to Andrei, he's one of the very best fighters in the world."

The win sets up a bout between the MMAWeekly.com World MMA Rankings No. 1 and No. 2 heavyweight fighters in the world, pitting Fedor against Josh Barnett. But Fedor didn't want to talk the future just yet, his head still clouded with the shots he took from Arlovski, and the brick he slammed upside his opponent's head.

"Right now, I'm just thinking of him as my friend. We're very close, we're friends," Fedor commented about Barnett.

And with that, The Last Emperor retains his throne.

-Fedor Emelianenko def. Andrei Arlovski by KO (Punch) at 3:14, R1

Feb 7, 2006
Fedor is the best Heavyweight in MMA and and continues to pick off former UFC heavyweight Champs. Andrei was doing well but it was only a matter of time Before Fedor broke him. Fedor was very focused and kept his eye on Arlovski's Movements. Next up for The Last Emperor is The Baby Faced Assassin and Im sure that will be a interesting War.

Feb 7, 2006
Mike Tyson, Fedor Emelianenko hits with fists of iron
The Russian mixed martial arts star brings the same assassin's mentality to his work as Tyson in his prime.

Ghost of Mike Tyson's past, make room for Fedor.

Many have said that the cold-blooded Tyson we knew in his days of real damage had nothing on today's mixed martial arts dynamo, Fedor Emelianenko. Saturday night at the Honda Center, the burly Russian with the assassin's gaze underscored this view with a coldcock right hand for the ages, a punch that knocked out Andrei Arlovski, dropping the challenger like a bag of stones tossed from a bridge.

The blow came toward the end of a tense first round. For much of that round, the two men measured each other and grappled while standing on the ropes. Then, for a few moments, Arlovski pressed the action.

With Emelianenko, who goes by Fedor, backed into his own corner, Arlovski went airborne with a flying kick. Seeing an opening, Fedor let loose with a right hand that caught Arlovski's bearded face flush. Knockout.

From the amped crowd came a percussive roar. Meantime, with the Belorussian challenger flat on his back, Fedor was expressionless. Just as Tyson would have in the late '80s, he seemed completely unfazed as he surveyed the damage, even as he was mobbed in the ring by his supporters and a beaming Donald Trump.

"I knew Arlovski was prone to making mistakes," Fedor said through an interpreter, speaking in his typical simple, matter-of-fact way. Arlovski presented an opening, and "at that moment, I caught him.

"You really don't expect that [a knockout] is going to happen, but it did happen."

For his part, Arlovski, in his thickly accented English, explained the knockout as brought on by a momentary slip. "I tried to do something flashy and I am really upset with myself. . . . I don't know why I changed my tactic and did flying knee."

By winning this fight, Fedor defended his World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight title and put a chokehold on his reputation as the best, most feared man in the still-growing sport. He came to Anaheim following a thorough demolition of Tim Sylvia, one of the MMA's most dominant fighters. Arlovski was expected to provide a tough test. He had little chance.

"I didn't really think I was in any danger," said Fedor, who lives in Ukraine. "Now," he said, "I just want to go home."

Simple, pure, foreboding.

Fedor versus Arlovski was not the only fight on the card. There were 11 others, and it was like watching 11 car crashes. But through it all, the stands buzzed with more energy than you'll find in 11 1-0 Dodgers wins. This was sort of like a Lakers game, but with more anger, fewer silicon injections, an even younger vibe and far more muscled-up dudes in the stands who looked like they would drop you in a flash if you laid an eye on their girlfriend.

Full disclosure: This was the first time I've watched MMA live. All night, watching blood fly, I felt accosted by two opposing sides of my psyche.

There was the peaceful part of me that thinks we should not give too much glory to this kind of brutality. And there was the side that burns with anger and won't compromise and likes blood -- face it, all of us have it. Saturday night, the angry side won.

All evening, a rush of adrenaline pushed through my veins. What a show. The stands rocked and heavy metal, hip-hop and flashing strobes filled the air. It was gaudy, the way all sports that are not played in country clubs are these days. But there was also a nice minimalism, too. Hardly anything in the way of equipment: no shoes, no socks, only shorts and tiny, four-ounce gloves that don't cover the fingers. And from the fighters, a mental minimalism: What is either complete "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" nuttiness or utter bravery. No in-between. No extra fluff. Nice.

How do I feel about this sport now? I'm still skeptical, maybe not all the way there yet.

But after watching the guts, the coldly delivered moves and barely controlled chaos, and watching a stunningly powerful fighter like Fedor -- tough and simple as Tyson as he left a post-fight news conference with a quiet, assassin's smile and a simple "I want to go home" -- you can now count me as an MMA fan.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-streeter-affliction25-2009jan25,0,2176691.column

Apr 26, 2002
lol

What?

Anything is possible in MMA but I honestly don't think anyone in the heavyweight weight class in UFC could even come close to beating Fedor.

Fedor proved he is "really all that" years ago by the way. He could lose from now on until he retires and would still go down as one of the greatest MMA fighters ever.
i wanna see him beat the shit outta brocc lesnar. fold.

May 17, 2004
Fedor is the best Heavyweight in MMA and and continues to pick off former UFC heavyweight Champs. Andrei was doing well but it was only a matter of time Before Fedor broke him. Fedor was very focused and kept his eye on Arlovski's Movements. Next up for The Last Emperor is The Baby Faced Assassin and Im sure that will be a interesting War.
with a payroll of 3.3 mil for this card where who knows how many seats and ppv they actually sold, i hope we actually get to see fedor-barnett.

May 3, 2002
This view shows how clean the punch was.
yeah, that shot makes it look that much harder.. Shit was crazy that whole match. Everyone in the arena stood for the whole match. You know Fedor had Andre's flying knee's down.. He's done it in the past and its worked. But Fedor was waiting for an opportunity like that. Andre was doing good, but I know Fedor would've had him if it lasted longer, he was just waiting for a slip up.. He's taken plenty of punishment and came back with the win. Awesome show live.